Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Suh not fined for hit on Chad Henne

What a bunch of crap.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...he-passer/

Had this been one of the league's darlings, Suh would have been fined.  No doubt in my mind.

He wasn't fined because of who he hit.  The hit was clearly late and he has an obvious history with the issue.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What a bunch of crap.

Had this been one of the league's darlings, Suh would have been fined.  No doubt in my mind.

He wasn't fined because of who he hit.  The hit was clearly late and he has an obvious history with the issue.  

Sure, had it been Manning Suh would have been facing a possible suspension, but the reality of the hit was 10-15 years ago it wouldn't have even drawn a flag. It wasn't an especially flagrant hit by Suh's standards.

But Winston Guy got an 8k dollar fine for his hit against Chicago?
;

;

Quote:Sure, had it been Manning Suh would have been facing a possible suspension, but the reality of the hit was 10-15 years ago it wouldn't have even drawn a flag. It wasn't an especially flagrant hit by Suh's standards.

Was Henne trying to pull Suh down on top of him too?

I don't care about 15 years ago or Suh's "standards" by today's rules, that hit was fine worthy at the minimum.

Given Suh's history it should probably be more than that.

Here's a good break down on the hit in question. Suh does everything right except lowering his head to make the hit which resulted in the roughing the passer penalty.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/8/25/...ns-jaguars
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Personally I don't think the hit should have been fined. 

Quote:Was Henne trying to pull Suh down on top of him too?

Feeling peevish?

Quote:Feeling peevish?

No just still astounded at how moronic your post was.

Anyway.

If that hit was against Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, is he fined? I think it's highly likely he is.

It's whatever.  I like Suh but after watching it in slow(er) motion, it looks even worse.

Quote:No just still astounded at how moronic your post was.

Anyway.

If that hit was against Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, is he fined? I think it's highly likely he is.

It's whatever.  I like Suh but after watching it in slow(er) motion, it looks even worse.

Like I said, if it were against one of the golden boys there is no doubt Suh would be facing retribution even though the hit wasn't late and only was a penalty because he lowered his head.

Hopefully at some point Bortles will be good enough to gain the favor of the powers that be.

https://vine.co/v/MlBwDH3bbdi

Yet this hit, that drew no flag, cost Dre Kirkpatrick $22,500?

If the same hit was put on one of the league darlings like Manning or Brady, Suh would be stroking a big check today.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://vine.co/v/MlBwDH3bbdi'>https://vine.co/v/MlBwDH3bbdi</a>

Yet this hit, that drew no flag, cost Dre Kirkpatrick $22,500?

Helmet to helmet my friend.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Helmet to helmet my friend.

Not to mention a guy catching a punt gets that "defenseless receiver" tag. Henne actually could see Suh coming.

I remember one game when Gabbert got his legs taken out with a big hit from behind below the knees and the refs didn't call it.  It was unbelievably blatant, yet no flag.  I'm sure the guys in zebra stripes won't admit it, but there is a definite favoritism amongst officials when it comes to QBs.

No doubt, the refs do indeed play favorites.  Unfortunately, this team has never seemed to have one of those in the backfield.  Hopefully they'll warm up to Bortles. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I agree with those that expressed that Ndamukong Suh didn't deserved to be fined on this play but would have been fined if the play was against the likes of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady,  Aaron Rodgers,  Drew Brees,  and Andrew Luck.     The NFL will do what it takes to protect the QB's they believe lead to higher TV and radio ratings.

Quote:I agree with those that expressed that Ndamukong Suh didn't deserved to be fined on this play but would have been fined if the play was against the likes of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady,  Aaron Rodgers,  Drew Brees,  and Andrew Luck.     The NFL will do what it takes to protect the QB's they believe lead to higher TV and radio ratings.
Have you watched the video in slow motion?

Do you think he didn't intentionally lower his head and spear Henne with his helmet?

How can he not deserve to be fined? 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Have you watched the video in slow motion?

Do you think he didn't intentionally lower his head and spear Henne with his helmet?

How can he not deserve to be fined? 

Sorry that I didn't notice your reply until a few minutes ago.

I wish there's a way to view these slow motion cut-ups with a larger screen.  The view from these cut-ups on the smaller screen that's used on the webpage is difficult for me to gauge.    It looks different from the TV live action and replay shots.

All along I have believed a penalty was justified on the play.    Thankfully,  Chad Henne wasn't injured. 

But the question I have for you or anyone that might know is based on the interpretation of writer Jeremy Reisman from the Pride of Detroit website,   how has the NFL league office ruled in similar circumstances?

Quote:What a bunch of crap.

I think Suh gets picked on too much.  I mean the hit on Henne was bad, but they over protect QBs sometimes...