Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance to pick up a center recently cut from one of the other teams?

Bewster looks lost, and Bowenko seems to be too raw.  Any chance we could get an older veteran, or someone with experience to fill in?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bewster looks lost, and Bowenko seems to be too raw.  Any chance we could get an older veteran, or someone with experience to fill in?
Anybody got Meester's phone number?  These guys look terrible.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Bewster looks lost, and Bowenko seems to be too raw.  Any chance we could get an older veteran, or someone with experience to fill in?
yes there is a good chance

I can see Dave picking up a center, linebacker, and safety.

I think the Jags will be looking for a center on cut-down day.  It would be ideal to pick up an older vet from a team who has a young guy moving up.  Somebody who could step in, learn the system quickly, and be a mentor to Bowanko for a year.  The OL needs help - of course, they held most of them out against the Falcons, so that wasn't a reliable demonstration.  But the Philly game will be a substantial test for both the offense and defense.

Caldwell said a few weeks ago if they sign any waiver players it'll be for depth purposes if anything. Don't expect to find us chasing starters on cut day.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Besides trying to mix someone new in now would not be fair to the player. It will take them some time to get used to the system and calls.

I think it's Bowanko's job. Anybody they pick up would be depth.
;

;

I'm not worried about the starting guards or tackles.  Those guys are talented, they just need time to j-e-l-l together as a unit.

Caldwell's the boss, but if our two top guys play as badly as they did tonight, I don't think he'll have any choice. He'll have to find a replacement.

I thought it was interesting that the Jags cut center Patrick Lewis the other day and he was picked up by the Seattle Seahawks.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I think it's Bowanko's job. Anybody they pick up would be depth.

^this.  Bowanko is far from the best center around but he's the best option on the roster.  I kept trying to tell myself that Brewster could do it but the guy simply hasn't shown it on the field.  He's played really bad thus far when given a chance at center.  Far too many mistakes for a guy that has been in the league.  At worst, Bowanko = Brewster in terms of current ability with Bowanko having a chance to improve considerably.  I feel we've seen the best from Brewster if he hasn't figured things out by now.

He (Bowanko) snaps the long snap within 3 feet of the QB every time. I'm sold.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.