Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Gordon Suspended 1 year

Quote:Why would they trade Mack, one of the best, if not THE best at his position, for CSIII? That makes no sense. Just because they need a receiver doesn't mean they'd trade Mack for CSIII. It's an absurd idea.

Yeah that was pretty dumb.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wonder if had the Browns known that Gordon was going to miss the year with another suspension if that would have had any effect to them choosing to match the Jags offer, (or not).

Why? They also had plenty of cap space. What it should have impacted was their stupid decision to pass on Sammy Watkins. They have been getting ripped for that little oversight.

Quote:Why? They also had plenty of cap space. What it should have impacted was their stupid decision to pass on Sammy Watkins. They have been getting ripped for that little oversight.
Yeah, I don't see how one would impact the other.  When the owner comes out and says they're going to match the offer no matter what it is, it doesn't sound like they were really concerned about the cap implications. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Surprised conspiracy theorists haven't pointed out that there is no longer any reason not to suspend Josh now that it is clear that Manziel sucks/will not start. Timing very suspicious !

Speaking of timing; seems punitive to the Browns the way the NFL handled this.

Quote:Surprised conspiracy theorists haven't pointed out that there is no longer any reason not to suspend Josh now that it is clear that Manziel sucks/will not start. Timing very suspicious !

What is odd about the timing?

3-4 months of arbitration which included the draft OTA's and camps to be concluded only after the first team cuts, all to decide a yes or no question.

Quote:Surprised conspiracy theorists haven't pointed out that there is no longer any reason not to suspend Josh now that it is clear that Manziel sucks/will not start. Timing very suspicious !

Punitive? If they had handed it out any sooner, he would have been also banned from training camp. This delay allowed him to spend most of camp with his new rookie QB. Considering he got the full year suspension, it really couldn't have worked out more favorable for the browns.

Quote:3-4 months of arbitration which included the draft OTA's and camps to be concluded only after the first team cuts, all to decide a yes or no question.

I could see the time after the hearing being an unnecessary delay, but I think the rest was probably normal and perhaps the time until hearing was longer due to the actual issue with samples. I have not followed it all that closely, but were any of the delays result of Gordon's legal team needing more time??

Quote:Punitive? If they had handed it out any sooner, he would have been also banned from training camp. This delay allowed him to spend most of camp with his new rookie QB. Considering he got the full year suspension, it really couldn't have worked out more favorable for the browns.

I admit that I read this several times trying to figure out how having time to spend with his rookie QB in training camp during a YEAR that he will not play is a positive ?? The only conclusion I have come to is you believe Manziel has the muscle memory equivilant to Einstein.

The Browns are flat out stupid. They had to at least assume Gordon would get a suspension. So...they play him in off season, at practice, dont even entertain a WR in the draft..in the deepest WR pool in years. The Jags had the same situation with Blackmon..they were smart. No wonder its called the mistake by the lake. Now they have two QBs that desperately need weapons, and have zippo. 

Give them Shorts and a 4th for Mack...I wish.

Blakes Life Matters

Goodell obviously hates the Browns and wants to move them to London...

Quote:They need a receiver now due to the year suspension. We desperately need OL/ Center help. 

I love how when people can't argue against the good ideas being brought up they have to cry thread derail. 

This isn't a derail - it taking the news provided in the OP and providing a solution for both teams based on the news. 

What the hell man.

Its already been established the Browns are committed to Mack. 

Sometimes I like some of your opposition, but you just came back from a temporary ban. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:What the hell man.

Its already been established the Browns are committed to Mack. 

Sometimes I like some of your opposition, but you just came back from a temporary ban. 
He can't help himself.  The agenda is strong in the diva. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I admit that I read this several times trying to figure out how having time to spend with his rookie QB in training camp during a YEAR that he will not play is a positive ?? The only conclusion I have come to is you believe Manziel has the muscle memory equivilant to Einstein.
Maybe you think with a muscle, but I am pretty sure Manziel and Gordon rely on their brain which can remember and build on interactions far more than a year earlier.

Two players getting an offseason to work out together and get to know each other still beats not having ever worked with each other before.

Quote:Maybe you think with a muscle, but I am pretty sure Manziel and Gordon rely on their brain which can remember and build on interactions far more than a year earlier.

Two players getting an offseason to work out together and get to know each other still beats not having ever worked with each other before.
The big issue is he's taking reps from guys who will be on the field playing. By "he" I'm referring to Manziel. Wink

Quote:The big issue is he's taking reps from guys who will be on the field playing. By "he" I'm referring to Manziel. Wink
Gordon might be back by the time Manziel gets first team reps again so it will be like they never parted ways.

Quote:Gordon might be back by the time Manziel gets first team reps again so it will be like they never parted ways.

I get the sneaking suspicion that Manziel will get first team reps this season minus Gordon.  I also suspect it won't be pretty with or without Gordon on the field, but even uglier with him missing 2014.

Quote:I get the sneaking suspicion that Manziel will get first team reps this season minus Gordon.  I also suspect it won't be pretty with or without Gordon on the field, but even uglier with him missing 2014.
Yeah,  I can see Cleveland's offense getting desperate for a spark.

Quote:I think there's a little more to this than just pot. Getting a DUI while you're appealing your suspension for failing a drug test doesn't really lay out a smooth path.

Also, pot is still illegal in most states, so until society legalizes it nationally, there's no moving past this.

I understand and even agree with what you are saying. This is why I don't feel sorry for him. But seriously, why are we as a society so concerned about what people do in their personal lives?

Quote:I understand and even agree with what you are saying. This is why I don't feel sorry for him. But seriously, why are we as a society so concerned about what people do in their personal lives?

As a society we aren't nearly as concerned.  But, this isn't society issuing the suspension.  The NFL is, and it's using the CBA that every NFL player must abide by to suspend the player.  Societal attitude has nothing to do with it.