Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Logan Mankins Traded to Bucs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rier=other

Bucs get Mankins

Pats get TE Tim Wright and a draft pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow. Can't blame the Bucs though.

Gotta see what that draft pick is though.

Brady can't be too happy.  Mankins is a heckuva lineman.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Just wait for it.  As soon as the "Trade Marcedes" obsessive sees this, he'll be howling that we should have made this move. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

What is up with the Patriots fetish with TE's this offseason?

I too am curious as to what the draft pick is worth. It'll help set the market if the 9ers ever decide to trade Boone.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

4th rounder but something must be up. You don't win trades with the pats.

Quote:4th rounder but something must be up. You don't win trades with the pats.

I'd call a 4th rounder for a 32 year old guard a win for the Pats.

Cap issues....

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 02:34 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Just wait for it.  As soon as the "Trade Marcedes" obsessive sees this, he'll be howling that we should have made this move. 

It wasn't a match for us. 

Mankins is a LG. 

We play that overpaid overrated Beadles at LG and he's not moving. 

The only way it would have worked for us is if we'd have sent them both Marcedes and Beadles, but I am sure they don't want Beadles enormous contract for a player of his ability, or Marcedes contract for that matter. 

Quote:I'd call a 4th rounder for a 32 year old guard a win for the Pats.

maybe, but interior linemen usually can play at a high level (if they are good to begin with) up into their mid and late 30s. 

Quote:maybe, but interior linemen usually can play at a high level (if they are good to begin with) up into their mid and late 30s.

This wreaks of a Belicheck move, trade a guy a year before he regresses and get some draft picks for him.

Quote:I'd call a 4th rounder for a 32 year old guard a win for the Pats.

Correct. A fourth rounder is what we got for Monroe, and he was still in the prime of his career.

The bucs just got robbed.

Quote:This wreaks of a Belicheck move, trade a guy a year before he regresses and get some draft picks for him.

LOL, oh you mean the kind of move that this board would NEVER do, i.e. the trade MoJo ideas that were scoffed at in 2010, lol...

YOO KANT DOO THATT!!! HEZ ARE BEZT PLAYOR!!!

Quote:Correct. A fourth rounder is what we got for Monroe, and he was still in the prime of his career.

The bucs just got robbed.

Or we did. 

Quote:LOL, oh you mean the kind of move that this board would NEVER do, i.e. the trade MoJo ideas that were scoffed at in 2010, lol...

YOO KANT DOO THATT!!! HEZ ARE BEZT PLAYOR!!!

Not sure if this comment was directed at me or if you are trying to go off on a tangent? Anywho...

Per rotoworld:

Quote:Pats acquire TE Wright from Bucs for Mankins

Tim Wright | NE

(August 26, 2014 1:47 PM EDT)

Patriots acquired TE Tim Wright and a draft pick from the Bucs in exchange for LG Logan Mankins.

The Patriots had a bit of a logjam on their interior line, and needed help at "move" tight end. Wright is a natural fit to potentially fill the old Aaron Hernandez role. He's a former college receiver at Rutgers who caught 54 balls for 571 yards and five touchdowns as a rookie last season. This move puts Wright squarely on the fantasy radar. We don't believe it has anything to do with Rob Gronkowski's availability for Week 1 whatsoever. The Pats will move RG Dan Connolly to left guard. Ryan Wendell is at center. Marcus Cannon is the right guard.

I was hoping we could pick up whichever center they cut. Oh well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Not sure if this comment was directed at me or if you are trying to go off on a tangent? Anywho...

Showing an example of the inconsistencies. Belichick is making a move thats "ahead of the curve" according to some of you, but its the same people that when faced with the opportunity to make a similar philosophy move, they were adamant against it. 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 02:42 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Per rotoworld:

I was hoping we could pick up whichever center they cut. Oh well.

Is that ex Jaguar Dan Connolly??

Quote:Is that ex Jaguar Dan Connolly??

Yes.