Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Logan Mankins Traded to Bucs

Quote:Is that ex Jaguar Dan Connolly??

Yup.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Showing an example of the inconsistencies. Belichick is making a move thats "ahead of the curve" according to some of you, but its the same people that when faced with the opportunity to make a similar philosophy move, they were adamant against it.

Now if only he could actually hit on those draft picks...

In hindsight BB would've been better off keeping the aging vet vs anyone he drafts.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 02:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yes.

Quote:Yup.

Wow, we have really let some talent go too soon....

Connolly, Knighton, De ANthony SMith, Brandon Marshall, all doing well. I think theres also another DT (McDaniel) ....I forget his name...maybe in Seattle thats doing well and used to play here...

Quote:Showing an example of the inconsistencies. Belichick is making a move thats "ahead of the curve" according to some of you, but its the same people that when faced with the opportunity to make a similar philosophy move, they were adamant against it. 

I've never been one that was afraid of making a move on a guy.

I'd have traded Shorts, Blackmon, and Marcedes if the deal were decent. Shorts I'd want at least a 2nd rounder, Blackmon I would have liked to seen traded last year after his monster game against the Rams, maybe a 3rd rounder, and Marcedes I'd trade for a 4th any day of the week.

It looks like the Bucs called about Boone as well but the asking price may have been too much.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/bucs-call...an-mankins
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 02:47 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:Now if only he could actually hit on those draft picks...

In hindsight BB would've been better off keeping the aging vet vs anyone he drafts.
Yeah it's a good move if you draft well. Bill has been spotty with that lately.

I'm sure had MJD been traded in '10, Gene would've drafted a gunner from Flagler.

Quote:What is up with the Patriots fetish with TE's this offseason?

A year or two ago, they had Gronkowski and Hernandez causing all kinds of matchup issues.

Gronkowski has had several big injuries and Hernandez is incarcerated facing multiple murder charges.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 02:53 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It looks like the Bucs called about Boone as well but the asking price may have been too much.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/bucs-call...an-mankins

Not sure why we haven't been more aggressive with trying to sure up the OL with adding a veteran in recent weeks. 

The stakes (Bortles) are WAY too high to scrimp here. 

Quote:The only way it would have worked for us is if we'd have sent them both Marcedes and Beadles, but I am sure they don't want Beadles enormous contract for a player of his ability, or Marcedes contract for that matter. 
[Image: 53799134.jpg]

Quote:Yeah it's a good move if you draft well. Bill has been spotty with that lately.

I'm sure had MJD been traded in '10, Gene would've drafted a gunner from Flagler.

It just goes to show how much of a crapshoot the draft really is.

6 time pro bowl guard vs 4th rounder who may be a career backup.

It hurts even worse for a team like the Pats, who are a yearly super bowl contenders. I'm pretty sure their message board isn't going around passing out high fives right now.

Quote:Wow, we have really let some talent go too soon....

Connolly, Knighton, De ANthony SMith, Brandon Marshall, all doing well. I think theres also another DT (McDaniel) ....I forget his name...maybe in Seattle thats doing well and used to play here...

D'Anthony Smith has 5 career tackles.

Quote:A year or two ago, they had Gronkowski and Hernandez causing all kinds of matchup issues.

Gronkowski has had several big injuries and Hernandez is incarcerated facing multiple murder charges.

Understood. But that's what the draft was for. Chasing bottom of the barrel TE's isn't going to fix that.

Quote:D'Anthony Smith has 5 career tackles.

Well, a couple of our Seattle posters seem to like what he's been doing in camp and think he's ready to be a solid contributor. 

Quote:It wasn't a match for us. 

Mankins is a LG. 

We play that overpaid overrated Beadles at LG and he's not moving. 

The only way it would have worked for us is if we'd have sent them both Marcedes and Beadles, but I am sure they don't want Beadles enormous contract for a player of his ability, or Marcedes contract for that matter. 

You say over rated, I say the going rate.

Quote:Well, a couple of our Seattle posters seem to like what he's been doing in camp and think he's ready to be a solid contributor. 

So a couple of Seahawk posters on a Jaguar message board saying a guy with 5 career tackles looks like he could be a solid contributor means the team "let some talent go too soon"?

Quote:Understood. But that's what the draft was for. Chasing bottom of the barrel TE's isn't going to fix that.
I think they are trying to strike a balance between the present (getting TEs to have some semblance of the attack they once had for Brady) and the future (drafting Garappolo).

At the end of the day...screw the Patriots.  If they want to chase "bottom of the barrel TEs," let them.

Once we return to dominance, they will be out of the way (though part of me wants the Jaguars to crush them on the Pats way down for 1996 and 2007).

Quote:You say over rated, I say the going rate.

If he really was as good as he appeared (blocking for Manning, they all appear better than they are) then it might have been worth the money for us. Going rate & all...

Quote:So a couple of Seahawk posters on a Jaguar message board saying a guy with 5 career tackles looks like he could be a solid contributor means the team "let some talent go too soon"?
I'm with you on that.

D'Anthony Smith did NOTHING for the Jaguars in the 2-3 years here, except occupy a spot on IR.

Is there such a thing as a permanent IR spot?

Would the team retire his bandages when his career ended?

Quote:So a couple of Seahawk posters on a Jaguar message board saying a guy with 5 career tackles looks like he could be a solid contributor means the team "let some talent go too soon"?

Ok, if you think he don't belong we'll take him off the list....the other 4 still apply. I'm sure you'll find some excuse for them as well, tho. There might even be some that I am forgetting. 

Quote: 

Is there such a thing as a permanent IR spot?

Yeah....that one DPR we drafted that year under Del Rio.....forget his name except I think it was a Latin sounding name...guy was on IR entire seasons for like 3-4 straight years