Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Garrard wishing the Rams would call

Quote:lol...you mention her a lot in Garrard posts. 

Why not?  She wears the pants.

"KA-CHING!" "KA-CHING!" "KA-CHING!"

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I do feel bad that he never did get another real shot. I know he isnt the best QB but he did try compared to some other QBs we have had....

He did get other real shots.  His body broke.  His knee simply couldn't make it through Jets and Dolphins camps even though he *reportedly* did well.

Unlike Garrard, other QBs did go on to start for other teams.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:He did get other real shots.  His body broke.  His knee simply couldn't make it through Jets and Dolphins camps even though he *reportedly* did well.

Unlike Garrard, other QBs did go on to start for other teams.
Agreed.  His body failed him following his release from the Jags.  What's funny is he hurt his knee supposedly chasing his kid around their pool?  It wasn't even a football injury.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I tell you what, I saw him recently and he is most definitely keeping in shape. Dude looked healthy.

They showed pictures of him at the TB game and he looked good. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

He's in good shape.  Football shape?  Probably not, but he could certainly play his way into it right up to the point where he has a back or knee issue. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:He's in good shape.  Football shape?  Probably not, but he could certainly play his way into it right up to the point where he has a back or knee issue. 

From the few interviews he did recently, Garrard said it would take him about a good month to get in excellent football shape.

He understands at this point in his career he is just a fill in guy.

My take on it is he still has a strong desire to play and left prematurely, and to be honest himself along with alot of other people really underestimated the seriousness of his disc injury.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:From the few interviews he did recently, Garrard said it would take him about a good month to get in excellent football shape.

He understands at this point in his career he is just a fill in guy.

My take on it is he still has a strong desire to play and left prematurely, and to be honest himself along with alot of other people really underestimated the seriousness of his disc injury.

I don't doubt the seriousness of his injuries.  The guy took a beating over the years.  I think he may be overestimating his ability to get back on the field, as well as his marketability among teams looking for a QB.  He's done. 

I always had a soft spot for Garrard. He's not as bad as some say
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I always had a soft spot for Garrard. He's not as bad as some say

I do to!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Yup.  He's washed out of the league.  Nice guy....

You hated him. 

Quote:Why not?  She wears the pants.

"KA-CHING!" "KA-CHING!" "KA-CHING!"

Meaning what? She's a golddigger?

I always enjoyed defending him from unfair criticism (usually from FBT, and to a lesser extent pirk) back in the day. 

Quote:You hated him. 

Meaning what? She's a golddigger?

I always enjoyed defending him from unfair criticism (usually from FBT, and to a lesser extent pirk) back in the day. 
See, this is where you go right to your black and white nonsense where there's zero grey area.  I never hated Garrard.  I just didn't see him as anything more than a mediocre QB in the league. 

Oh please.  Now you were a champion for Garrard.  It just gets more and more laughable with your mythology/history. 

Nice guy.  Great athlete.  Had all the tools except the one that mattered most.  It was always the tool between his ears that undid any good he may have enjoyed.  Whether it was self sacking, or hesitating, or consistently going to the check down because he was afraid to push the ball down the field, it was Garrard's lack of ability to quickly evaluate the situation at the line and make the plays.  Every time he'd pat the ball, he was doubting his ability to hit his receiver.  It was painful to watch at times.  He was so afraid to make mistakes that he rarely took any risks. 

Yahoos like TMD tried to portray him as being elite because of a couple of stats, but they completely ignored the fact that in 2007, he had such a great year statistically because he rarely took a risk with the ball.  If Henne or any other QB on this roster did the same thing, the bar stool diva would be demanding the team trade him. 

I always liked Garrard and felt bad for him.  He got an unfair shake here.  After 07, we never really fielded an offense or line that gave him much of a chance.  I don't think he ever had what it takes to be elite, but I think he was a better QB than his stats have shown.

Quote:I always liked Garrard and felt bad for him.  He got an unfair shake here.  After 07, we never really fielded an offense or line that gave him much of a chance.  I don't think he ever had what it takes to be elite, but I think he was a better QB than his stats have shown.
How did he get an unfair shake here?  He signed what is still the biggest contract this franchise has ever given out based on his production in 2007.  One of the reasons he was named the starter and Leftwich was sent packing was because the team felt his athleticism and mobility would allow him to succeed behind a line that wasn't very good.  He relied way too much on his athletic ability, and never developed his mental game to the point where he was able to read defenses and make quick decisions.

He was given 3 years to develop into a quality starter, and he regressed once he got his contract. 

Quote:How did he get an unfair shake here?  He signed what is still the biggest contract this franchise has ever given out based on his production in 2007.  One of the reasons he was named the starter and Leftwich was sent packing was because the team felt his athleticism and mobility would allow him to succeed behind a line that wasn't very good.  He relied way too much on his athletic ability, and never developed his mental game to the point where he was able to read defenses and make quick decisions.

He was given 3 years to develop into a quality starter, and he regressed once he got his contract. 
The O line was one of the better in the NFL, IIRC.  By 2010 he was running for his life the second the ball was snapped, it was unbearable to watch.  Yeah he got paid, but i was referring to his potential as a QB.  No line, no weapons in the passing game.  All he could do was hand it to MJD or get plowed.

Quote:The O line was one of the better in the NFL, IIRC.  By 2010 he was running for his life the second the ball was snapped, it was unbearable to watch.  Yeah he got paid, but i was referring to his potential as a QB.  No line, no weapons in the passing game.  All he could do was hand it to MJD or get plowed.

Good QBs have the ability to work with the talent surrounding them and to succeed.  Garrard never lifted this team up.  The one play that got him the contract was a thing of beauty as long as you ignore the non-calls for holding.  That game got him his contract despite the fact that if you look at his entire game in Pittsburgh that day, he wasn't very good. 

We can certainly debate the quality of that offensive line.  It was the same one that couldn't protect Leftwich.  They were far more effective in blocking for the run, but their pass protection was never very good. 

Quote:See, this is where you go right to your black and white nonsense where there's zero grey area.  I never hated Garrard.  I just didn't see him as anything more than a mediocre QB in the league. 

Oh please.  Now you were a champion for Garrard.  It just gets more and more laughable with your mythology/history. 

I defended Garrard often on these boards. I don't know what you're talking about. 

As for you, you say you didn't hate him, but you sure took every opportunity to bash him. I guess you forgot about your Garrard-(air)-head avatar, huh? :whistling: 

Quote: 

Yahoos like TMD tried to portray him as being elite because of a couple of stats, but they completely ignored the fact that in 2007, he had such a great year statistically because he rarely took a risk with the ball.  If Henne or any other QB on this roster did the same thing, the bar stool diva would be demanding the team trade him. 

Garrard's high YPA in 2007 suggests otherwise. His YPA was top 5 in the NFL that year amongst regular starters. 

Quote:Garrard's high YPA in 2007 suggests otherwise. His YPA was top 5 in the NFL that year amongst regular starters. 
"Elite"

Quote:I defended Garrard often on these boards. I don't know what you're talking about. 

As for you, you say you didn't hate him, but you sure took every opportunity to bash him. I guess you forgot about your Garrard-(air)-head avatar, huh? :whistling:

I saw Garrard for what he was.  He was a decent backup QB.  Nothing more.  If he had the mental game, he could have been one of the better QBs in the league, but he didn't.