Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tebow Ready To Ram

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/102223...le-signing

Doesn't seem likely, we've heard all this "I'm better than I've ever been" stuff before.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You know what, I hate ESPN.

That link goes to a story from January, my bad for posting it without looking at the byline date.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The guy sucks many teams have had a chance to bring him in and havent and wont/ The dolphins needed a camp arm and brought in Brady Quinn.....Brady Quinn!!  The bills need a backup...pass, Texans.....pass, Rams.....pass.

I just picture Tebow as the teacher in ferris Bueller.......NFL....NFL......NFL .......NFL...

(how is it also we caught holy hell for not bringing him in but the dolphins get a pass as do the other teams in the NFL?)

Quote: 

(how is it also we caught holy hell for not bringing him in but the dolphins get a pass as do the other teams in the NFL?)

Because he was from Jax and the year he was available in the draft was the year after the major blackout year, when his star was still shining,...we've gotten better, but lazy journalism still exists.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

The Networks just want this so they have an angle on the Michael Sam thing to exploit. 

Quote:The guy sucks many teams have had a chance to bring him in and havent and wont/ The dolphins needed a camp arm and brought in Brady Quinn.....Brady Quinn!!  The bills need a backup...pass, Texans.....pass, Rams.....pass.

I just picture Tebow as the teacher in ferris Bueller.......NFL....NFL......NFL .......NFL...

Tebow's problem is his arrogance.

He thinks he's too good for the leagues below the NFL.

If he really wants to play NFL QB he needs to play arena football to refine his game and prove he actually has what it takes to play the position at a high level.

He needs to go to Arrogance counseling along with the hundreds of guys in NFL practice squads

I'm not fond of Tebow as a player but to say he is 'arrogant' is flat-out stupid.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm not fond of Tebow as a player but to say he is 'arrogant' is flat-out stupid.

This.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm not fond of Tebow as a player but to say he is 'arrogant' is flat-out stupid.
Why?

Is he incapable of being arrogant or otherwise flawed?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Why?

Some people take it personally when an idol's flaw is noted.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 03:53 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Some people take it personally when an idol's flaw is noted.
Please provide an example of his arrogance.

Also, whose idol is he supposed to be in your make-believe scenario?

If you're using his supposed 'refusal' to play arena league as 'arrogance', that's an enormous stretch.

Quote:Why?

An example of this arrogance would be a good start.

Quote:An example of this arrogance would be a good start.
I believe someone earlier cited his refusal to play QB at a lower level (i.e. Canada, AFL) when other successful QBs have done so (Moon, Flutie, Warner) as an example of arrogance.

I don't know if that truly represents arrogance or not.

But some could interpret it in that way.

Examples aside though, I do not specifically argue he IS arrogant.

I DO argue that as a human being with human weaknesses (even one who may have admirable traits) is not above being arrogant.

Quote:I believe someone earlier cited his refusal to play QB at a lower level (i.e. Canada, AFL) when other successful QBs have done so (Moon, Flutie, Warner) as an example of arrogance.

I don't know if that truly represents arrogance or not.

But some could interpret it in that way.

Examples aside though, I do not specifically argue he IS arrogant.

I DO argue that as a human being with human weaknesses (even one who may have admirable traits) is not above being arrogant.

This is a question. Not being combative.

Has there ever been another player that has played multiple years in the NFL, that has gone to a 'lesser' league to try to come back again?

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 04:26 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:This is a question. Not being combative.

Has there ever been another player that has played multiple years in the NFL, that has gone to a 'lesser' league to try to come back again?
Chad Ochocinco is doing just that as we speak.

Doug Flutie also did that.

Quote:This is a question. Not being combative.

How would that even begin to matter?

If he's not full of pride and really just cares about playing QB then he would take whatever road to get there that he needs to.

Instead he refuses to accept that he's just not good enough for the NFL and that if he wants to be in the NFL he's got a lot of growing and proving still to do.

Pride, arrogance, whatever you want to call it, he's got it.

Quote:Chad Ochocinco is doing just that as we speak.
And the odds of him making a legit comeback to the NFL? 

About the same as Tebow. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 04:26 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:And the odds of him making a legit comeback to the NFL? 

About the same as Tebow. 
Agreed completely...but for the purposes of answering his question, the odds were immaterial.

That said, Tebow is much younger than Chad Johnson. 

If a CFL team were interested in bringing him in and developing his passing skills, he might theoretically have time to develop them over a few years then come back.

(Of course, some would say his QB skills are so messed up, no amount of time and coaching could fix them).

Quote:Agreed completely...but for the purposes of answering his question, the odds were immaterial.

That said, Tebow is much younger than Chad Johnson. 

If a CFL team were interested in bringing him in and developing his passing skills, he might theoretically have time to develop them over a few years then come back.

(Of course, some would say his QB skills are so messed up, no amount of time and coaching could fix them).
He's had an opportunity to go to Canada, and he declined.  Maybe that would have been a good path for him, but it isn't one he wanted to embark upon, so he's the crown jewel of the SEC Network.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]