Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tebow Ready To Ram

Quote:Maybe because he was a super star in the SEC...you know...the network he's working on?

So let's just say he was just a normal guy, you think he would have been just as big a star? Michael Sam getting all this press and Oprah attention because of his sterling career too I assume?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So let's just say he was just a normal guy, you think he would have been just as big a star? Michael Sam getting all this press and Oprah attention because of his sterling career too I assume?

Stop trying to make it about religion. It's a football channel not the church lady show.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Stop trying to make it about religion. It's a football channel not the church lady show.

OK... He's a massive superstar due to his great college career got ya. *places head in sand*

Quote:OK... He's a massive superstar due to his great college career got ya. *places head in sand*

Are you denying that he wasn't a superstar in college? He might have blown chunks in the NFL but he was college football there for a while. If you want to pretend that it was only because he is religious...you do have your head buried in the sand.

To his credit, I can understand not wanting to change positions.  Starting from scratch in a league that features the best of the best is a daunting task, not that it can't be done, but more often than not, it doesn't work out. 

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Maybe it's not arrogance but understanding and acceptance,
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:Are you denying that he wasn't a superstar in college? He might have blown chunks in the NFL but he was college football there for a while. If you want to pretend that it was only because he is religious...you do have your head buried in the sand.

Plenty of superstars in college nobody cares about after a failed NFL career. I'm just suggesting he is a bigger star than he deserves to be because of something unrelated to football. His antics in college and the NFL were money making genius whether he realises it or not. Chris Leak probably wishes he had acted similarly.

Quote:Plenty of superstars in college nobody cares about after a failed NFL career. I'm just suggesting he is a bigger star than he deserves to be because of something unrelated to football. His antics in college and the NFL were money making genius whether he realises it or not. Chris Leak probably wishes he had acted similarly.

What part of SEC aren't you getting? He's working for the SEC network, not the NFL Network.

Name a more recent Heisman and National championship winner from the SEC that's not busy on Sunday afternoons that would be a better fit on the SEC network. He didn't get that job because he loves God.

Chris Leak...a national championship

Tim Tebow...a national championship and a Heisman.

Would Chris Leak have won the Heisman if he were a louder Christian? You act as if none of what happened in college would have happened if Tebow weren't so religious...

Has he received some opportunities because he's a Christian, I'm sure he has, he's probably missed out on a few because of it too. But to say EVERYTHING that's happened to him is because of that is just plain asinine.

Well actually you could argue Cam Newton would have been the starter. I had actually heard of Tebow before he played a down in college which is weird because that's the only player before or since I can say that of.

But anyway I concede he would be rich anyway. But his actions don't speak of loving playing football.

Denard Robinson and Tim Tebow are both phenomenal college athletes. Denard Robinson is extremely humble and team oriented and said he will play whatever position will help the time. Tim Tebow is arrogant and refused to switch positions, even if it meant helping the team, because he was dead-set on being an NFL quarterback.

There is your example, Rico, now spin it any way you'd like.

Quote:Definitely not the same thing, but two examples nonetheless.
Flutie is most certainly the same thing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ke-the-cfl

Here are the first lines of the article:

Quote: 

After five seasons of struggling to find a foothold in the NFL during the 1980s, Doug Flutie ventured to the Great White North to join the Canadian Football League.

<div style="font-size:11px;margin-left:5px;font-family:arial;background-color:#fff;">[Image: 0ap2000000361281.jpg]
</div>

Flutie spent eight years in the CFL before returning to the NFL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

:thanks:   to everyone for clearing up the arrogance and religion debates.

The only question left is;  will he be any better as an analyst than he was as a QB? 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Are you denying that he wasn't a superstar in college? He might have blown chunks in the NFL but he was college football there for a while. If you want to pretend that it was only because he is religious...you do have your head buried in the sand.
He was a superstar before he even set foot at UF.

By his Freshman year, even though he was basically a glorified short yardage back, he was already more popular than the starting QB who actually led the team to the National title.  To this day, people credit Tebow with two National titles, when he was only a starting QB for one.

I'm not saying he didn't have a great college career, but there was more to his popularity than simple football accomplishments, because his popularity in college preceded any significant college accomplishment he may have had.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 08:59 AM by Jagwired.)

Quote:Has he received some opportunities because he's a Christian, I'm sure he has, he's probably missed out on a few because of it too. But to say EVERYTHING that's happened to him is because of that is just plain asinine.

edit: removed opinion of religion to insert initial thought on this thread.

I bet he is ready to ram. Has he ever had a girlfriend?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:So in your book, pride and arrogance are the same thing?  Wow.

No, they're not. I wouldn't expect you to know the difference between them, but I'll go ahead and explain them to you.

Pride would mean he really does believe in himself, and he'd be willing to go prove himself in the arena league.

Arrogance is more hubris and is shown by his fear of playing at a level lower than the NFL. He's not a good QB and he doesn't have the skills to be an NFL QB, so his insistence that he's good enough to be one and only in the NFL is arrogance.

As was pointed out by others it's not like other players that were doubted didn't go play somewhere else to prove their ability. Those were confident men of pride, Tebow doesn't have what those guys have.

I allowed for the possibility of pride as a label because some here might really believe he is good and just think it's pride.

You're welcome.

Quote: :thanks:   to everyone for clearing up the arrogance and religion debates.

The only question left is;  will he be any better as an analyst than he was as a QB? 
He'll be very polite. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He was a superstar before he even set foot at UF.

By his Freshman year, even though he was basically a glorified short yardage back, he was already more popular than the starting QB who actually led the team to the National title.  To this day, people credit Tebow with two National titles, when he was only a starting QB for one.

I'm not saying he didn't have a great college career, but there was more to his popularity than simple football accomplishments, because his popularity in college preceded any significant college accomplishment he may have had.

I'm pretty anti-signing-Tebow myself, but trying to downplay Tebow's college career is silly. He had one of the best college careers in recent memory.

Quote:I'm pretty anti-signing-Tebow myself, but trying to downplay Tebow's college career is silly. He had one of the best college careers in recent memory.

Exactly.

Quote:Stop trying to make it about religion. It's a football channel not the church lady show.

Booger McFarland will also be a host and I think we all remember him for his religious views.

Quote:I'm pretty anti-signing-Tebow myself, but trying to downplay Tebow's college career is silly. He had one of the best college careers in recent memory.
Bullseye was absolutely correct about Tebow getting credit for 2 national championships when Leak was the Gator QB for the first one.  That isn't downplaying the quality of player Tebow was at the collegiate level.  It simply points out the fact that mythology tends to exaggerate his accomplishments.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]