Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incognito?

Quote:Unless he can play center, I'd pass.

I thought thats what he played.,,,,At least when he was with the Rams I could have sworn he was a Center. (Not sure about Miami)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Be played interior line early on in St Louis until he settled at guard and played a few games at C in Miami.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:At age 31, and after all this drama he certainly is a gamble but many still have him in as one of the Top 25 guards in the league.

Who? Most of the stuff I see about him is that he can't move anymore.

He didn't sign with the Bucs this morning depite meeting with them which could say something.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 12:59 PM by Deacon.)

How can this guy possibly be in football shape anyway? He's been suspended since last season and there's no way he's ready to step on a practice field right now, much less a game field.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

He's a turd. No thanks.

from the other thread in which Incognito came up - - my humble opinion:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I doubt Incognito could come in, make a switch to center and learn a new system quickly enough or well enough to be an upgrade. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I'd much rather let the rookies start. Linder has been above-average at RG so far. (+2.1 rating at PFF)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> Bowanko will have it a bit tougher -  but I'd let him take his lumps before trying to force a declining player with a laundry list of problems into an unnatural position.

Incognito would be a good stop gap at guard while one of these guys can sit back and learn the position.  Sign him to a year deal with a small signing bonus to see what happens.  If he's a jerk in the locker room, let him go.

From what our interior of the line has shone, I'm open to anyone. 

Quote:Incognito would be a good stop gap at guard while one of these guys can sit back and learn the position.  Sign him to a year deal with a small signing bonus to see what happens.  If he's a jerk in the locker room, let him go.

From what our interior of the line has shone, I'm open to anyone. 

We already know he's a jerk

Quote:We already know he's a jerk

Depending on what opinion you want to take, he also didn't do much wrong in Miami.  By all appearances he was a friend of Jonathan Martin, but Martin never stood up to him. 

Quote:Depending on what opinion you want to take, he also didn't do much wrong in Miami.  By all appearances he was a friend of Jonathan Martin, but Martin never stood up to him. 

As if that has been his only issue.

Quote:As if that has been his only issue.
I'm fairly confident the Incognito that reenters the league will be a contrite, well behaved version of the guy who got run out of Miami. 

If he represents an upgrade over what we're dealing with currently at a position of need, I don't see an issue with at least talking to the guy to see where his head is at.  He can beat up all the exotic cars he wants.  Just make sure he owns it, and that he keeps his opinions to himself. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm fairly confident the Incognito that reenters the league will be a contrite, well behaved version of the guy who got run out of Miami. 

I don't see an issue with at least talking to the guy to see where his head is at. 
What information do you have to suggest he's changed in any way?

He's had his head stuck up his (place the sun doesn't shine) his entire career, back to his college days.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 11:45 PM by Chuckd.)

Quote:What information do you have to suggest he's changed in any way?

He's had his head stuck up his (place the sun doesn't shine) his entire career, back to his college days.
If he can pancake DEs and LBs I don't really care. That's Gus' problem and he seems pretty good at handling that type stuff. Plus, it wouldn't fly in the locker room.

Dude had some skills. Work him out and see what he's got. Can't hurt. If we were gonna spend big money for Mack, a stop gap couple million won't matter.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Did I say he had changed?  I simply stated that after being suspended, then cut by a team, I would expect him to be a bit more contrite in the hopes he can get back into the league.  What he's been like since his college days is irrelevant at this point.  If he can keep his head about him, and he can be an effective player on the field at a position of need, I wouldn't have a problem bringing him in to see what he can do. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Yes, and having an attitude on the offensive line isn't always a bad thing.  From what many teammates have said he was a good teammate, just had some attitude issues.  Like FBT has stated, after his latest issues, I would imagine he'd be on better behavior.  It's his last chance to rake in some decent money.

Quote:Yes, and having an attitude on the offensive line isn't always a bad thing.  From what many teammates have said he was a good teammate, just had some attitude issues.  Like FBT has stated, after his latest issues, I would imagine he'd be on better behavior.  It's his last chance to rake in some decent money.

If this hasn't humbled him to some extent, nothing will. 

Quote:  Like FBT has stated, after his latest issues, I would imagine he'd be on better behavior.  It's his last chance to rake in some decent money.

Quote:If this hasn't humbled him to some extent, nothing will. 
LOL   Are you talking about Incognito or Justin Blackmon?  Matt Jones perhaps?  

Some people never change and their personal history just keeps repeating itself.  I think Incognito is one of those.

Quote:LOL   Are you talking about Incognito or Justin Blackmon?  Matt Jones perhaps?  

Some people never change and their personal history just keeps repeating itself.  I think Incognito is one of those.

So, because some people never change, that means it never happens?

I hope none of your children ever disappoint you. Otherwise they're done.

Quote:So, because some people never change, that means it never happens?

I hope none of your children ever disappoint you. Otherwise they're done.
Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you simply not understand the definition of the word "some"?

Quote:Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you simply not understand the definition of the word "some"?
Okay, I hope SOME of your children don't turn out to be disappointments.