Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incognito?

The guy is a complete douche bag, i could never root for him and i don't want to see him in a Jags uniform.  Or any uniform for that matter.  Well, a Winn Dixie uniform would be neat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow this board has some serious sensorship.  That wasn't even a bad word.

Quote:Okay, I hope SOME of your children don't turn out to be disappointments.
Is this what you resort to when you're unable to defend your position?  I expected better.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Is this what you resort to when you're unable to defend your position?  I expected better.

My position doesn't require a great defense. Anyone an change. Neither of us knows what is in his heart at this point.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Now that the first week games are over, vested veterans can be signed without a guaranteed salary for the rest of the year. Considering the sorry state of the Jags OL, would the Jags signing him make sense now? How long does Bortles sit because the coaching staff doesn't trust the OL?

Heaven knows his actions were nowhere near Ray Rice level.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Now that the first week games are over, vested veterans can be signed without a guaranteed salary for the rest of the year. Considering the sorry state of the Jags OL, would the Jags signing him make sense now? How long does Bortles sit because the coaching staff doesn't trust the OL?

Exactly.  You bring him in and get a sense for where his head is at.  If you think he can help the team AND stay on the straight and narrow, he certainly can't hurt anything here.  That being said, it remains to be seen if he's actually ON the right path. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:. Considering the sorry state of the Jags OL, would the Jags signing him make sense now? 

Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.  He's a locker room cancer.

If someone breaks into your house and only takes half of your stuff, is that OK?

I'd bring him in yesterday.

Quote:Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.  He's a locker room cancer.

If someone breaks into your house and only takes half of your stuff, is that OK?

In this case it would be someone who broke into someone else's house.

Maybe he's straightened out, maybe not. My impression is that he didn't realize at the time that what he was doing was a problem. Now he knows.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Now that the first week games are over, vested veterans can be signed without a guaranteed salary for the rest of the year. Considering the sorry state of the Jags OL, would the Jags signing him make sense now? How long does Bortles sit because the coaching staff doesn't trust the OL?

Very good point!The problem is he is a guard. What is wrong though with him coming in playing guard for 1 year in Linder's spot. Linder then can learn and start the next year.

They should have done this a month ago. We already have more money under the salary cap than anyone.

Quote:In this case it would be someone who broke into someone else's house.

Maybe he's straightened out, maybe not. My impression is that he didn't realize at the time that what he was doing was a problem. Now he knows.
Didn't realize it was a problem?  Now that's funny.  Let's look back on his career.

Nebraska  2002  Ejected from a game for starting a fight.

2003  Started a fight in practice, suspended by coach and ordered to go to anger management therapy

2004  Got into a fight at a party, charged, plead guilty to assualt.

Got into a locker room fight, kicked off the team.

Oregon     2004  Kicked off team for failure to attend anger management therapy

Redskins  2008  Fined for verbally abusing a game official

Rams       2009 Benched for headbutting opposing player (twice), waived two days later.

Dolphins   2012  Got drunk, harassed female worker at a country club, settled out of court.

All this before the Martin incident.  Is this the guy you want to bring into the locker room?

If only we still had Greg Jones around who could stare menacingly at Incognito any time he started to get out of line.

Quote:If only we still had Greg Jones around who could stare menacingly at Incognito any time he started to get out of line.

I have a feeling Big Red could handle that chore. 

[Image: BRY512697.png]

Quote:Didn't realize it was a problem?  Now that's funny.  Let's look back on his career.

2003  Started a fight in practice, suspended by coach and ordered to go to anger management therapy

Rams       2009 Benched for headbutting opposing player (twice), waived two days later.

Dolphins   2012  Got drunk, harassed female worker at a country club, settled out of court.

All this before the Martin incident.  Is this the guy you want to bring into the locker room?

Yes.  Sign him to a 1 year deal with little to no signing bonus and boot him if anything goes wrong.  The guy has an attitude problem....which along the offensive line I'm ok with.  He just needs to contain it, and I think at this point in his career he would do it.

Quote:I have a feeling Big Red could handle that chore.

[Image: BRY512697.png]

Perhaps, but it's tough to be intimidated by someone who looks at any moment to break out with a convincing "Hey, hey, hey!"

I would. Our o-line stinks to the high heavens.

Quote:Didn't realize it was a problem?  Now that's funny.  Let's look back on his career.

Yes!!

He deserves a 9th chance to get it right.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Yes!!

Like they always say, 'The ninth time is a charm!'

Quote:Yes!!

Yeah, that's what the Dolphins said.

So the guy goes 3 years on average between (minor) incidents (a ref fine for harsh words? Bah.) and he's not worth a look? Almost as ridiculous as the whole crybaby Martin incident that blew up for purely non-football reasons.

Bring him in and see where he's at. Sign him cheap if Gus wants him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato