Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incognito?

Quote:So the guy goes 3 years on average between (minor) incidents (a ref fine for harsh words? Bah.) and he's not worth a look? Almost as ridiculous as the whole crybaby Martin incident that blew up for purely non-football reasons.

Bring him in and see where he's at. Sign him cheap if Gus wants him.
13 seasons divided by nine incidents = an average of 1 every 3 years?  Never a 5th grader around when you need one, is there?

What makes you think he'll be any different than he's been throughout his entire career.  His head's still stuck up the same place it's always been.

If Gus thought he was worth a look, don't you think he would have done that already?

What do the names Blackmon, Welker, Gordon, Petersen and Rice have in common?   I'll give you a hint; they're all non-football reasons.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:13 seasons divided by nine incidents = an average of 1 every 3 years?  Never a 5th grader around when you need one, is there?

What makes you think he'll be any different than he's been throughout his entire career.  His head's still stuck up the same place it's always been.

If Gus thought he was worth a look, don't you think he would have done that already?

What do the names Blackmon, Welker, Gordon, Petersen and Rice have in common?   I'll give you a hint; they're all non-football reasons.

College was hell for a lot of us to be judged against. The fine was crap as was the Martin incident. Basically the guy got in a couple of fights over the course of 8 years and that's pretty normal in the NFL. It's the PC garbage about poor little Johnny Martin and his bruised ovaries that makes it a big deal to some people.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:College was hell for a lot of us to be judged against. The fine was crap as was the Martin incident. Basically the guy got in a couple of fights over the course of 8 years and that's pretty normal in the NFL. It's the PC garbage about poor little Johnny Martin and his bruised ovaries that makes it a big deal to some people.
Are you in denial or just incapable of following the discussion.  More significant than the college problems is the fact that his behavior hasn't changed.  The "couple of fights" as you characterize it, isn't normal.  He isn't coming here and is probably done in the NFL.  Get over it.

Signing Icognito would show a commitment to fixing our problems wit the oline. Cmon Dave!

Quote:Are you in denial or just incapable of following the discussion.  More significant than the college problems is the fact that his behavior hasn't changed.  The "couple of fights" as you characterize it, isn't normal.  He isn't coming here and is probably done in the NFL.  Get over it.

I'm not in denial, I want a bad [BLEEP] on the offensive line and I don't give a rip about character to get one. Especially when the "concerns" are mostly PC crap that don't matter one bit on the field. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm not in denial, I want a bad [BAD WORD REMOVED] on the offensive line and I don't give a rip about character to get one. Especially when the "concerns" are mostly PC crap that don't matter one bit on the field.

I'd bring him in.

He's got to better than what we got. 

After watching what we watched yesterday, if you arent at least open to giving him a shot...I'm questioning our commitment.  lol

I don't care, bring the man in. Gus' only positive was having the team in his corner even in the face of losing. If he can't handle a single offensive lineman then we didn't need Gus. Also, heck, at least Incognito would show some fire and at least try to head butt a lineman before he sacks Henne. That's better than our current guys now just letting them blow by
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

At this point I don't care if they sign him, it can't be worse than being forced to watch this team implode every Sunday.

Incognito? Heck, I'd be in favor of signing Enrico Polazzo if I thought we could actually get a push off the line in the run game. It is painful on the eyes.
Only a chump boos the home team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCpGCpHfaSs

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Historically, Jag fans on here turn their noses up at the possibility of signing any free agent during the season, but times seemed to have changed.

Desperation makes a stinky cologne. Bring Richie in here and let him start harassing the other linemen.. It may help.

Quote:Historically, Jag fans on here turn their noses up at the possibility of signing any free agent during the season, but times seemed to have changed.

Desperation makes a stinky cologne. Bring Richie in here and let him start harassing the other linemen.. It may help.

Or he may not harass anyone. Another possibility.

Quote:Or he may not harass anyone. Another possibility.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Quote:Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

And we have seen people change as well... the risk is low. If he becomes a distraction they can just let him go. He would improve our running game.

Quote:And we have seen people change as well... the risk is low. If he becomes a distraction they can just let him go. He would improve our running game.
How many times does he have to repeat his behavior before you accept the fact that he isn't/has't/won't change?  Just give me a number.

Quote:How many times does he have to repeat his behavior before you accept the fact that he isn't/has't/won't change? Just give me a number.

Quote:How many times does he have to repeat his behavior before you accept the fact that he isn't/has't/won't change?  Just give me a number.

Perhaps the behavior is irrelevant to us because we dont see it as aproblem or actually want a player with old school nastiness on the line. I grew up on football played by angry tough agressive men who'd kick you or take you out as much as look at you, and, frankly, this team needs some more of that mentality.

Quote:Perhaps the behavior is irrelevant to us because we dont see it as aproblem or actually want a player with old school nastiness on the line. I grew up on football played by angry tough agressive men who'd kick you or take you out as much as look at you, and, frankly, this team needs some more of that mentality.
1)  That old school nastiness leads to 15 yard penalties, often at the worst possible times.  Do you see that as a problem?

2)  In case you don't get the news, that mentality has fallen from favor with sponsors, the league and owners (in that order because money directs the game).

3)  This team is desperate for leadership, but not that kind.