Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did that Detroit DB get fined for that helmet to helmet hit on Hurns?

I hope so, because he should have. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 02:00 AM by D6.)

Not yet but I think a fine is coming later this week.   A fine would be well deserved.   Thankfully,  no one was injured on the play.  

S Jerome Couplin III is the player who committed the penalty.    He's an UDRFA out of William & Mary,  Derek Cox's school.  Couplin has freakish ability and has made some impressive legal hits and tackles in the pre-season.   Clearly though,  he has plenty to learn as evidenced by that penalty and a Special Teams penalty in the same game.   He's on the Lions roster bubble.  Every since his pre-draft visit with the Lions when becoming aware of Couplin,  I've been touting his potential.  

Quote:Not yet but I think a fine is coming later this week.   A fine would be well deserved.   Thankfully,  no one was injured on the play.  

S Jerome Couplin III is the player who committed the penalty.    He's an UDRFA out of William & Mary,  Derek Cox's school.  Couplin has freakish ability and has made some impressive legal hits and tackles in the pre-season.   Clearly though,  he has plenty to learn as evidenced by that penalty and a Special Teams penalty in the same game.   He's on the Lions roster bubble.  Every since his pre-draft visit with the Lions when becoming aware of Couplin,  I've been touting his potential.  

Did he get a penalty on the play....I'm not even sure that he did..

However, on the replay, it clearly showed the helmet to helmet hit and I remember being ticked off, especially given the same kind of hit that concussed Shorts a few times over the past couple years. 

OK, nice bio about Couplin, but who is this Hurns guy? Is he also an undrafted rookie on the roster bubble? I don't remember hearing that name during the draft.

Quote:Did he get a penalty on the play....I'm not even sure that he did..

However, on the replay, it clearly showed the helmet to helmet hit and I remember being ticked off, especially given the same kind of hit that concussed Shorts a few times over the past couple years. 

Yes,  a well deserved penalty was called on the play.

I don't blame you or anyone one bit for being upset about what transpired on that play.   Player safety should take a priority.   This is the type of mistake that can't happen again.  

While this was the one Lions penalty in the game that especially could have caused a serious injury,  the most disappointing aspect of this game from a Lions fan perspective was the amount of penalties the team committed.   This on top of double digit penalties in the previous pre-season game at Oakland.   I expect the penalties to drop substantially,  as Jim Caldwell puts an emphasis on players being smart.   

Quote:OK, nice bio about Couplin, but who is this Hurns guy? Is he also an undrafted rookie on the roster bubble? I don't remember hearing that name during the draft.

He was a productive WR with the University of Miami and looks like a 2nd Round pick,  not an UDRFA.   Along with Lions OLB Tahir Whitehead,  Allen Hurns had the best performance in the pre-season game.   Though it helped that the Jaguars Offensive Coordinator coached him at the ' U' ,  Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley certainly deserve credit for getting him under contract.

Quote:He was a productive WR with the University of Miami and looks like a 2nd Round pick,  not an UDRFA.   Along with Lions OLB Tahir Whitehead,  Allen Hurns had the best performance in the pre-season game.   Though it helped that the Jaguars Offensive Coordinator coached him at the U,  Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley certainly deserve credit for getting him under contract.

He probably chose Jacksonville because of Jedd Fisch.

Quote:He probably chose Jacksonville because of Jedd Fisch.

That easily could be the # 1 factor.  Yet,  knowing how great of a job Gus Bradley has done recruiting veteran Free Agents and how the team bought into the Jaguars program last season despite the 0-8 start and lack of enough talent,   there's a good chance that Allen Hurns also wanted to play for Bradley. 

Big target, Good hands and speed....whats not to love about the guy?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:OK, nice bio about Couplin, but who is this Hurns guy? Is he also an undrafted rookie on the roster bubble? I don't remember hearing that name during the draft.

Welcome back, how was it under that rock the last month?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Doesn't the NFL announce fines and such on friday? Im not sure but Id say it should happen by the end of this week. I do hope it happens tho.

Did JW really ask who's Hurns? 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Did JW really ask who's Hurns? 
He has only been the best Jaguars player of the preseason.  Space cadet

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Are you trolling or do you just not watch Jags games?

Of course not. The Jags don't receive equal protection.

JW, are you actually using sarcasm?

Smile

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Huh!?!?!?!?!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Huh!?!?!?!?!

Don't ask. It's not worth it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It's always fun watching the uninitiated upon their first encounter with JW, but you regulars have no excuse.

JaguarsWoman, allow me to introduce you to Allen Hurns.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It's always fun watching the uninitiated upon their first encounter with JW, but you regulars have no excuse.

JaguarsWoman, allow me to introduce you to Allen Hurns.

This^ and Thanks, RJ, hadn't seen that video.