Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Mallet to be traded

Quote:Mallet did average 8.8 in college but it just never translated.
Tebow averaged 9.3 yards per attempt at UF. Some things just don't translate to the NFL.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tebow averaged 9.3 yards per attempt at UF. Some things just don't translate to the NFL.
Agreed.

Quote:If he's cut, I'd absolutely take him over Henne. 

Even if one makes the case that Ryan Mallet should have a better QB future than Chad Henne,   there's absolutely no way I can envision Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley dumping Henne for Mallet this year.   Henne's familiarity with the Offense and leadership ability is invaluable to Caldwell and Bradley as they attempt to continue to build the Jaguars roster.    The fact that they made it a priority to bring Henne back in 2014 speaks volumes of what they thought of his intangible contributions in 2013.

Quote:When that happens to Mallett its an anomaly.....Henne's consistently dinking and dunking.

Cute
;

;

Quote:Even if one makes the case that Ryan Mallet should have a better QB future than Chad Henne,   there's absolutely no way I can envision Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley dumping Henne for Mallet this year.   Henne's familiarity with the Offense and leadership ability is invaluable to Caldwell and Bradley as they attempt to continue to build the Jaguars roster.    The fact that they made it a priority to bring Henne back in 2014 speaks volumes of what they thought of his intangible contributions in 2013.
this

Quote:When that happens to Mallett its an anomaly.....Henne's consistently dinking and dunking. 

hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha really? thats the best youve got? wow.....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 10:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Mallett also threw a pass 2 weeks ago from his own EZ that landed at about the opponents 40 yard line right into the receivers hands no less (who dropped it). If Henne tried that his arm would fall out of its socket. 

Quote:Mallett also threw a pass 2 weeks ago from his own EZ that landed at about the opponents 40 yard line right into the receivers hands no less (who dropped it). If Henne tried that his arm would fall out of its socket. 
have you seen my yards per pass research post on page 1? what do you think of that?

Quote:Mallett also threw a pass 2 weeks ago from his own EZ that landed at about the opponents 40 yard line right into the receivers hands no less (who dropped it). If Henne tried that his arm would fall out of its socket.

You're reaching so far I'm surprised your arm hasn't fallen out of your socket.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 10:28 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:have you seen my yards per pass research post on page 1? what do you think of that?

I watched him play in college and he slinged the rock around the entire field. He can make any throw any QB has ever made. He's probably throwing short passes with the Patriots on strict direction from the coaches. In college his YPA was almost 9. 

Quote:I watched him play in college and he slinged the rock around the entire field. He can make any throw any QB has ever made. He's probably throwing short passes with the Patriots on strict direction from the coaches. In college his YPA was almost 9. 
sometimes it just dosen't translate to the pros. So Mallet is the only QB they have throw short passes? what about Grappallo? if they wanted to get something for him in a trade don't you think just maybe they'd let him sling it?

You want Mallet over Henne? So you want our starter to learn the playbook in a week? As we know you don't want Bortles to start...

We don't need to tank anymore TMD! We succeeded in our tanking for Teddy...Sorry I mean Blake

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 10:38 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You want Mallet over Henne? So you want our starter to learn the playbook in a week? As we know you don't want Bortles to start...

We don't need to tank anymore TMD! We succeeded in our tanking for Teddy...Sorry I mean Blake

Wut???

Bortles would be the starter in that situation. 

(If Henne was gone.)

I had said I don't want him starting immediately if it can be avoided, but in the case of an opportunity arising like swapping a bum like Henne for a talent like Mallett, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

It would make the start Bortles crowd happy, too. 

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 10:37 PM by roycee.)

Quote:I watched him play in college and he slinged the rock around the entire field. He can make any throw any QB has ever made. He's probably throwing short passes with the Patriots on strict direction from the coaches. In college his YPA was almost 9.
So the Patriots put him under strict direction to throw short passes? Don't you think if they wanted to trade him as you seem to believe they'd wanna showcase what he can do? (Which isn't much)

OTOH...Jimmy G. Has a YPA of 9 this preseason. Mallett just isn't good. 4 years into his NFL career what he did in college is irrelevant.

Quote:Wut???

But he's not ready. Do I need to add a picture of a crying baby and call you a mouth breather?

Quote:Wut???

ignoring the fact that Mallet is not a good pro quarterback why would they bring him in over Henne who already knows the system. If The pats can't get anything out of Mallet and want to cut him I really don't think he's gonna do anybetter here.

Quote:But he's not ready. Do I need to add a picture of a crying baby and call you a mouth breather?

see above. 

When opportunity arises then you have to make some compromises. 

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 10:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: ignoring the fact that Mallet is not a good pro quarterback why would they bring him in over Henne who already knows the system. If The pats can't get anything out of Mallet and want to cut him I really don't think he's gonna do anybetter here.

Meh, theres instances of QB bouncing around the league until at one stop the light finally kicked on. i.e. Beuerlein, Gannon....

Just because it might not have worked in New England isn't the end of the line for him. He'll have more chances. 

Quote:see above.

When opportunity arises then you have to make some compromises.

So you want to ruin Bortles to develop Mallet?

Mallet better than Bortles is he??

Just admit you were wrong on Mallet and move on...

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 10:48 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So you want to ruin Bortles to develop Mallet?

Mallet better than Bortles is he??

Just admit you were wrong on Mallet and move on...

Starting Bortles early doesn't -guarantee- he'll be ruined. I never ever said that.