Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Mallet to be traded

Quote:Starting Bortles early doesn't guarantee he'll be ruined. I never ever said that.

So there is no risk in starting Bortles? So why are everyone who wants him to start mouth breathers and petulant children?

You realise you are arguing with yourself right? I wouldn't mind cutting Henne and picking up mallet if Bortles starts, but I've already been called a petulant child for saying to start Bortles

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Meh, theres instances of QB bouncing around the league until at one stop the light finally kicked on. i.e. Beuerlein, Gannon....

Just because it might not have worked in New England isn't the end of the line for him. He'll have more chances. 
Those are anomalies you said as much earlier when trying to make your case. At least be consistent with your view points and own up when your're wrong. Yes maybe Mallet does succeed with another team but he's done nothing to show he's going to while in the pros.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 12:21 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So there is no risk in starting Bortles? 
uhh, I didn't say THAT, either. 

You cite the 2 extremes of "theres no risk in starting Bortles" and "starting him early is guaranteed to ruin him".... 

neither of which I said...

There is a grey area. 

Ideally you'd like to be able to ease Bortles into the lineup. However, if opportunity arose where you could upgrade Henne to a more talented player, but would have to start Bortles earlier than you thought as a by product to that, well thats the compromise, and you do it. 

Quote: 

but I've already been called a petulant child for saying to start Bortles

You and others weren't called a petulant child for saying to start Bortles....

You and others were labelled petulant children because you keep saying it like 4000 times and continually ask for reasoning as to why he's not starting and its given to you, yet you don't like the answer so you don't listen. 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 02:25 AM by lastonealive.)

Quote:You and others weren't called a petulant child for saying to start Bortles....

You and others were labelled petulant children because you keep saying it like 4000 times and continually ask for reasoning as to why he's not starting and its given to you, yet you don't like the answer so you don't listen.
I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

And on a Ryan Mallet thread too... Didn't sense any irony on any of this?

Henne playing first string defenses destroyed Mallett's stats against second or third string.

If Henne is garbage then Mallett is putrefied garbage.

TMD, we have seen enough of your evaluations already. We know how bad you can ruin a roster. We don't need the addition of Mallett to prove it.

Quote:I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

And on a Ryan Mallet thread too... Didn't sense any irony on any of this?

The ol' dog and pony show.

Jimmy G was throwing the ball down field and taking shots. The patriots must just be handcuffing mallett, right. Even If they are its because his accuracy is terrible and they don't want him throwing 4ints a game if he would fetch any sort of pick.

Mallett will join Cobb as players that are most likely never going to do anything in the NFL.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Starting Bortles early doesn't -guarantee- he'll be ruined. I never ever said that.
Yeah, but you did say 'a talent like Mallet'.

It was kinda hard to take anything seriously after that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If we want the #1 pick in the draft we could start Mallet.

Quote:Yeah, but you did say 'a talent like Mallet'.

It was kinda hard to take anything seriously after that.
Mallet is such a huge talent.  That's why teams have been eager to offer up high draft picks for his services. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'd rather tebow
For the Rams?  Have at it.

For us, instead of Mallet?

No thank you.  I like my Jaguars football nausea free.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:For the Rams?  Have at it.

For us, instead of Mallet?

No thank you.  I like my Jaguars football nausea free.

Yeah, the Jags don't need all that distraction. I wish Tebow well, elsewhere though. I like him. Good dude. 

Y'all a bunch of Mallet lovin Tebow haters. I liked Mallet in the draft but lately he has looked horrible. I'd rater take a flyer on a "much improved" Tebow. Jorts fans and all.

Quote:Y'all a bunch of Mallet lovin Tebow haters. I liked Mallet in the draft but lately he has looked horrible. I'd rater take a flyer on a "much improved" Tebow. Jorts fans and all.

Not even remotely interested in either, especially the local guy.  Nice kid.  He would be a complete disaster if he ever wound up on this roster. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Not even remotely interested in either, especially the local guy.  Nice kid.  He would be a complete disaster if he ever wound up on this roster. 

I can see it now.

Bortles has his first INT..."Put in Teeebooooowwwww!"

I just vomited a little in my mouth just typing that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I can see it now.

I just had this piercing pain like someone drove a spike into the top of my head.  Thanks for that vision.

I see your point about not lovin Tebow. But from my lazy boy in Tacoma I'd rater watch Tebow scramble than Mallet dink and dunk.

Quote:I can see it now.

Oh god.  The people with the pudding brains.  (To be honest, that's being harsh to pudding!) 

The fact that it's true has made me give up on humanity.  Time to go find a nice race that hasn't lost all hope... like the Daleks.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I see your point about not lovin Tebow. But from my lazy boy in Tacoma I'd rater watch Tebow scramble than Mallet dink and dunk.
granted Tebow has had a more succesful career then Mallet. Probably will remain that way too.

Quote:I just had this piercing pain like someone drove a spike into the top of my head. Thanks for that vision.
ya what a jerk putting us through that.