Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Golf fans: Tiger Woods parts ways with Sean Foley

It's about time. Maybe now Tiger can save his career. He needs to make whatever apologies he needs to make to Butch Harmon and beg him to coach him again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 12:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's about time. Maybe now Tiger can save his career. He needs to make whatever apologies he needs to make to Butch Harmon and beg him to coach him again.

Wasn't Tiger also still struggling with Harmon by the end, before??

Maybe Tiger just has regressed. Now he's looking for scapegoats left & right. 

I love seeing this cheater struggle. 

Quote:Wasn't Tiger also still struggling with Harmon by the end, before??

He parted ways with Harmon in 2002. Before that, he won three majors, the Masters in 01 and 02, and the US Open in 2002. I think Tiger's ego just got too big by that time, which is why they parted ways.

Tigers body is beat up.  The torque he put on his body with all those swings is bound to build up over time.

I would love for him to prove me wrong...he made gold watchable for me.

I have no idea who those guys are. Not a golf fan in the least but I will watch when Tiger is playing. No clue why, I just do.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Wasn't Tiger also still struggling with Harmon by the end, before??

Cheater? In golf?

Harmon said so many negative things about Tiger, I don't think that bell can be unrung. 

Quote:Cheater? In golf?

Well, there actually was the steroid rumors...

Are you trying to make light of him cheating in his marriage?

Quote:Harmon said so many negative things about Tiger, I don't think that bell can be unrung. 
That was the point I was going to make as well.  I don't think that's a relationship that can be repaired. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Well, there actually was the steroid rumors...

Not as much as you're trying to make an issue out of something completely unrelated.

Quote:Tigers body is beat up.  The torque he put on his body with all those swings is bound to build up over time.

I would love for him to prove me wrong...he made gold watchable for me.

He put a lot of torque in his swing with Butch, but never had the lower back problems he had with Foley's swing. His body could very well be breaking down. He puts way too much of an emphasis on lifting weights. Foley's swing was terrible for his lower back, however.

Quote:Well, there actually was the steroid rumors...

Ummm, if you're going to place judgement on an athlete who committed adultery, you may as well quit watching sports altogether. Do you think baseball players on the road for six months don't cheat? Do you think NFL players commit adultery? Basketball players? LOL

I love how you can always place judgement on people on how they live their lives, be it adultery or their parenting skills yet you know nothing about either having never experienced it. Well done.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 07:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Ummm, if you're going to place judgement on an athlete who committed adultery, you may as well quit watching sports altogether. Do you think baseball players on the road for six months don't cheat? Do you think NFL players commit adultery? Basketball players? LOL

I love how you can always place judgement on people on how they live their lives, be it adultery or their parenting skills yet you know nothing about either having never experienced it. Well done.

I don't judge broadly, but Tiger is very unlikeable to begin with, so it makes it much easier to point out his discretions and rip him for them. 

I didn't mean to strike a nerve there. 

Quote:I don't judge broadly, but Tiger is very unlikeable to begin with, so it makes it much easier to point out his discretions and rip him for them. 

I didn't mean to strike a nerve there.

Tiger may seem unlikeable but the white hot spotlight isn't for everybody. Early in his career, he was much more likeable and very open to the public. Case in point, after his first Masters victory, he choose the celebratory meal the following year to be cheeseburgers and milkshakes. People poked fun at that and that started a chain of events that saw him withdraw from the public eye. He's very untrusting of people.

I agree he's not the most engaging personality in sports but there's a reason he hides from the spotlight. I'm not excusing his behavior while in his marriage. I don't believe in what he did and I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. He's made mistakes like everybody else in life but it's not your job or mine to judge his behavior unless you're willing to disclose your indiscretions and mistakes in a public forum. Most aren't willing to do that.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 08:45 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Tiger may seem unlikeable but the white hot spotlight isn't for everybody. Early in his career, he was much more likeable and very open to the public. Case in point, after his first Masters victory, he choose the celebratory meal the following year to be cheeseburgers and milkshakes. People poked fun at that and that started a chain of events that saw him withdraw from the public eye. He's very untrusting of people.

I agree he's not the most engaging personality in sports but there's a reason he hides from the spotlight. I'm not excusing his behavior while in his marriage. I don't believe in what he did and I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. He's made mistakes like everybody else in life but it's not your job or mine to judge his behavior unless you're willing to disclose your indiscretions and mistakes in a public forum. Most aren't willing to do that.

Reasonable post. 

One question: 

do you honestly think that Tiger only cheated once (meaning with one person)?

Because I'd doubt it was only one....

and if it was more than just the one than if he tells you that he doesn't believe in infidelity then he's a flat out liar. 

Once can be a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. But if it happens again after that, you are what you are. 

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 08:57 PM by hendershot.)

Quote:Reasonable post.

One question:

do you honestly think that Tiger only cheated once (meaning with one person)?

Because I'd doubt it was only one....

and if it was more than just the one than if he tells you that he doesn't believe in infidelity then he's a flat out liar.

Once can be a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. But if it happens again after that, you are what you are.
It's well documented Tiger had at least a dozen or so mistresses. So much so that Howard Stern had a Tiger Woods mistress contest on his show a while back.

My point is if you're going to dislike an athlete for infidelity, you may as well stop watching sports. I have no idea what the percentage is but I've heard my fair share of stories about athletes and coaches in various sports who had quite a bit of "fun" outside of their marriage.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 09:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's well documented Tiger had at least a dozen or so mistresses. So much so that Howard Stern had a Tiger Woods mistress contest on his show a while back.

My point is if you're going to dislike an athlete for infidelity, you may as well stop watching sports. I have no idea what the percentage is but I've heard my fair share of stories about athletes and coaches in various sports who had quite a bit of "fun" outside of their marriage.

I don't dislike Tiger "for infidelity"....I dislike him because he's an [BAD WORD REMOVED]. The infidelitity is just icing on the cake. I'm just saying....if he's had that much infidelity, then him coming out and telling you that "he doesn't believe in it" as you mentioned in that other post, would be pretty much a bunch of mularkey. 

Let me know when he parts ways with the Nike clubs.

Quote:Let me know when he parts ways with the Nike clubs.

He's won six majors since switching his bag to all Nike clubs. Rory McIlroy also seems to be doing pretty well right now with Nike clubs.

Tiger has the short game and putting stroke, he just needs to figure out how to hit a driver straight and long without swinging from his toes and wrenching his back.

I don't get the hate for him. He's not Mr. Warmth, but I don't want to be his friend.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]