Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Start Henne

It's the decision the team is going with. After all the start Bortles talk I couldn't resist the title.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne: "Hey Gus maybe it's time to put the kid in."

Gus: "Chad it's only been on half, now get the trainers to straighten your nose and get back in there!"
A good loser is a good loser

Thanks bro I was wondering when they would announce the starter for week 1

I'm going to be a complete contrarian and say, start Stanzi.

Quote:I'm going to be a complete contrarian and say, start Stanzi.

I don't think "contrarian" is the word most posters would use here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Stanzi is the future. Accept it. :yes:

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 08:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Stanzi is the future. Accept it. :yes:

After last game, Stanzi's a future cut. 2 INT's in that little bit of playing time??

Dismissed. 

***BREAKING***
;

;

Kidding aside, starting Henne is just as much or more about the state of the O line than it is about playing an experienced QB over a rookie.  Do we really want to  trot the franchise QB out there anytime soon when the real bullets start flying with the current O line situation?

Joekel - basically playing his rookie season

Beadles - new to the system

Center - who knows?

Linder - rookie

Pasztor - out with broken hand

Quote:I don't think "contrarian" is the word most posters would use here.

<snicker>

How about we don't start Henne and say we didn't.

I don't care who you are, it has to suck showing up to work everyday knowing that everyone (including your boss and your boss' boss) want someone else to be doing your job.

Quote:I don't care who you are, it has to suck showing up to work everyday knowing that everyone (including your boss and your boss' boss) want someone else to be doing your job.

Henne has been pretty cool with the whole situation. He's not stupid, he knows what's going on with the team. He either goes along with it and gets a paycheck and audition for a back up role some where or throws a fit. Seems like a no brainer.

boy henne got to love this situation. no matter how crappy he plays he gets to start on sundays. that kind of job security is beyond what everybody else gets.