Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kirk Cousins with another good game tonight....

Nick Foles 19/29 179, 6.2 yards per attempt
Kirk Cousins, 14/20 120, 6.1 yards per attempt

Quote:How did Foles "look good" last night???

179 yards total on 29 attempts is garbage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

another textbook example Smile

Quote:Pick 10 guys in the draft and claim they are all first ballot HOF'ers, 9 of them turn out to be Ryan Leaf's, 1 turns out to be good.

"See guys I told you this guy was going to be good, look at me look look LOOOOOK I said this one time!! SOMEONE ACKNOWLEDGE ME. I am better then all the GM's, HC's, and all scouts in the NFL.. Dont bring up the other 9 failures because I will deny and spin it even with undeniable proof I was wrong which makes me right somehow. The stats and metrics I use to claim a player is good become invalid if used against me  in an argument.."

The Broken Clock.

Quote:Ohh, so Cousins hasn't made good throws also. 

Ohh, so Cousins made as good of looking throws as Bortles.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 10:53 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Ohh, so Cousins made as good of looking throws as Bortles.

Bortles had more, not denying that. 

And.....I'm not trying to make this a Bortles vs Cousins thing. THe only reason I even brought up Bortles was to make that singular point back in that post.  

Cousins is shredding RG3 however and Cousins looks 10x better than he did last year, which now looks like the product of emvironment than anything. (i.e. all the Redskins were pretty much mailing it in/ or struggling) This season its a new coach and new atmosphere there. Cousins is playing more like the Cousins we saw in 2012. 

Quote:Bortles had more, not denying that. 

And.....I'm not trying to make this a Bortles vs Cousins thing. THe only reason I even brought up Bortles was to make that singular point back in that post.  

Cousins is shredding RG3 however and Cousins looks 10x better than he did last year, which now looks like the product of emvironment than anything. (i.e. all the Redskins were pretty much mailing it in/ or struggling) This season its a new coach and new atmosphere there. Cousins is playing more like the Cousins we saw in 2012. 

and still he hasnt even played as well as foles, who according to you, stinks.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 12:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:and still he hasnt even played as well as foles, who according to you, stinks.

Foles this preseason has been mostly bad. He's been mostly dinking and dunking and when he has tried downfield he's been picked 3 times. For a person who is always telling other people to "watch the games", you should have known that. I have watched him every game so far. If the Eagles OL/ blocking wasn't the best in football, Nick Foles YPA would be like 3.3 right now. 

Quote:Foles this preseason has been mostly bad. He's been mostly dinking and dunking and when he has tried downfield he's been picked 3 times. For a person who is always telling other people to "watch the games", you should have known that. I have watched him every game so far. If the Eagles OL/ blocking wasn't the best in football, Nick Foles YPA would be like 3.3 right now. 

i dont think the eagles have the best OL in football. so now your excuse to why foles has been good is because of the OL.

ive watched the games. cousins looks decent against the twos and threes. foles looks decent right now against the 1's

their ypa is maybe a half a yard different right now. we can argue about foles as much as you want but it would make more sense to revisit it in a few weeks. week 5 or 6 we can see how he looks. i bet he performs better than luck, and cousins (if the redskins start him)

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:i dont think the eagles have the best OL in football. so now your excuse to why foles has been good is because of the OL.

ive watched the games. cousins looks decent against the twos and threes. foles looks decent right now against the 1's

their ypa is maybe a half a yard different right now. we can argue about foles as much as you want but it would make more sense to revisit it in a few weeks. week 5 or 6 we can see how he looks. i bet he performs better than luck, and cousins (if the redskins start him)

AGain, I've actually watched Foles' games. 

Go rewatch McCoy's TD reception again. That is the kind of passes Foles is completing all preseason. the 3 yard pass and all those YAC yards. As said, Foles is lucky his YPA isn't in the 3's right now. He's been a dink/ dunk machine. His attempts to go deeper have resulted in 3 INT's & counting already. 

And the Eagles at worst are a top 3 or 4 OL in football. If you are going to dispute this then your knowledge of the game isn't what your ego thinks it is. Kelly's offense is still the catalyst of that offense, but credit where due to the OL & the blocking as it is helping spring all those YAC yards. 

Sanchez OTOH, actually HAS been consistently throwing/ completing intermediate/ downfield passes all preseason. 

As for performing better than Luck... Foles is a better fantasy QB than he is an actual NFL QB. Thanks to the system he plays in. 

Put Foles on the Colts and his numbers quickly fall to pedestrian. 

Quote:AGain, I've actually watched Foles' games. 

Go rewatch McCoy's TD reception again. That is the kind of passes Foles is completing all preseason. the 3 yard pass and all those YAC yards. As said, Foles is lucky his YPA isn't in the 3's right now. He's been a dink/ dunk machine. His attempts to go deeper have resulted in 3 INT's & counting already. 

And the Eagles at worst are a top 3 or 4 OL in football. If you are going to dispute this then your knowledge of the game isn't what your ego thinks it is. Kelly's offense is still the catalyst of that offense, but credit where due to the OL & the blocking as it is helping spring all those YAC yards. 

Sanchez OTOH, actually HAS been consistently throwing/ completing intermediate/ downfield passes all preseason. 

As for performing better than Luck... Foles is a better fantasy QB than he is an actual NFL QB. Thanks to the system he plays in. 

Put Foles on the Colts and his numbers quickly fall to pedestrian.

OK so let's revisit it in a few weeks and we can compare foles, Dalton, tannehill, and luck. The first two I would predict will have had the better season that that point. And I bet tannehill and luck are similar.

Quote:OK so let's revisit it in a few weeks and we can compare foles, Dalton, tannehill, and luck. The first two I would predict will have had the better season that that point. And I bet tannehill and luck are similar.

LOL. Im confident that luck will destroy every QB you mentioned regarding the stats sheet.

Quote:LOL. Im confident that luck will destroy every QB you mentioned regarding the stats sheet.

Let's take a look at the stat sheet week 5. Wanna make any sort of wager?

Quote:Chad Henne is outplaying RG3 this preseason. RG3 is playing pretty bad.

Yikes!!!!!  I hadn't thought of that.

I know RG3 is trying to learn a new system, but having your QB who was drafted #2 overall being outplayed by Chad Henne, even in the preseason, has to be reason for concern for the Redskins (sorry if I offended anybody)

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Nick Foles 19/29 179, 6.2 yards per attempt

Kirk Cousins, 14/20 120, 6.1 yards per attempt

^ This

Quote:^ This

....not if you actually watched Foles play this preseason. 

Foles YPA is actually lucky to be even that "high". 

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 04:41 PM by SuperJville.)

Quote:http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554688

Having a nice preseason so far :whistling:

Not saying pre-season is meaningless, (cuz I don't think it is, especially for a backup), but he also did her have some regular season game starts where he flat-out sucked.

He's an average back-up at this point, IMO.

The Rams just lost their starting QB yet again.  If Cousins really is a great gem, maybe the Rams should look to make him their starter.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Not saying pre-season is meaningless, (cuz I don't think it is, especially for a backup), but he also did her have some regular season game starts where he flat-out sucked.

He's an average back-up at this point, IMO.

The Rams just lost their starting QB yet again.  If Cousins really is a great gem, maybe the Rams should look to make him their starter.

The Redskins won't part with Cousins given how erratic RG3 has been.