Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sam Bradford

Wow, this guy can not stay healthy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...tl_sessler

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

and the backup is performing pretty well right now...

Another team that will look foolish for passing on Bortles

Shaun Hill is one of the top backup QB's in the league.   Yet,  in terms of a long term solution,  I seriously do believe the St. Louis Rams probably wish that they could have their draft decision back with pick # 2.  

Yeah I have no idea why the Rams felt they were okay at the QB position Bradford has done nothing in this league. 

Quote:Yeah I have no idea why the Rams felt they were okay at the QB position Bradford has done nothing in this league. 

Even without his injuries, he hasn't looked great when he has played. 

Quote:Even without his injuries, he hasn't looked great when he has played. 

I agree. For all of your criticizing of Luck, Bradford is the guy who actually deserves your wrath, he was the #1 overall pick and has done squat. 

Quote:I agree. For all of your criticizing of Luck, Bradford is the guy who actually deserves your wrath, he was the #1 overall pick and has done squat. 

I agree he doesn't get the criticism he probably deserves, but alternatively I don't often hear that he is a top QB

Quote:I agree. For all of your criticizing of Luck, Bradford is the guy who actually deserves your wrath, he was the #1 overall pick and has done squat. 

well bradford definitely didnt get the hype that luck did and does.

but thats a bummer for bradford. this is probably his last year with the rams. maybe he can shake the injury bug and put together a few good years, otherwise hes going to be holding a clipboard for the remainder of his career, which is technically a pretty cushy job to have...

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 10:28 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

Quote:well bradford definitely didnt get the hype that luck did and does.

but thats a bummer for bradford. this is probably his last year with the rams. maybe he can shake the injury bug and put together a few good years, otherwise hes going to be holding a clipboard for the remainder of his career, which is technically a pretty cushy job to have...
I'd take him as our backup here if he came at the same rate or cheaper than Chad.

Quote:I'd take him as our backup here if he came at the same rate or cheaper than Chad.

he would definitely make a good backup as long as you could depend on him to not get injured if he came in as relief. you would have to keep 3 qbs on the roster.

i guess i would rather have a backup qb that i could rely on being available.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I agree he doesn't get the criticism he probably deserves, but alternatively I don't often hear that he is a top QB
You don't hear a lot of praises because he has never really done anything that stood out.

For all the "hate" that RG3, Cam, Kaep, and Dalton receive, they have all individually done more for their respective team than Bradford has, and Bradford was (still is) paid more in one year than all of those QBs combined.

Torn ACL, out for the season.

poor guuy... Sachize to rams? I think there is a good shot of that happening.

Rams should have taken Bortles.

Quote:poor guuy... Sachize to rams? I think there is a good shot of that happening.

ObjectiveJag,  if I was in the St. Louis Rams position,  the plan would be to promote Shaun Hill to the starting QB position this season.   While I rather have Hill than Mark Sanchez under normal conditions,  Hill has had the opportunity to learn and practice with the Rams for months.   Sanchez's work ethic wasn't stellar when he was with the Jets.  

While Hill is best suited to be a top flight # 2 QB,   if given enough protection I think he could surprise many people.   Hill's intangibles and playing instincts are tremendous.   The Lions couldn't afford to keep him for a 5th season because of the salary cap.   The Rams are very fortunate to have Hill's services.

Quote:Rams should have taken Bortles.

Unless Greg Robinson has a HOF career,   that will probably turn out to be the case.   Even if Robinson has a HOF career,  if Bortles does the same,   the Rams might regret the decision to pass on Blake Bortles.

Quote:Unless Greg Robinson has a HOF career,   that will probably turn out to be the case.   Even if Robinson has a HOF career,  if Bortles does the same,   the Rams might regret the decision to pass on Blake Bortles.
They went all in with Bradford and it kinda nipped them in the bum. I retract my earlier statement about Sanchez.. I'd probably take Hill to sense he has the experience.

Quote:Torn ACL, out for the season.

Terrible news.   I certainly hope Sam Bradford can somehow get his NFL career back on track. 

If Bradford needs inspiration to come back from season ending injuries,  he should look to his former Oklahoma teammate Lions WR Ryan Broyles.    if Broyles can stay relatively healthy this season and gets enough opportunities,  he deserves major consideration for NFL Comeback Player of the Year.  Not many players have comeback from consecutive ACL's injuries and a torn Achilles tendon.     Bradford is going to need the support of many to get over the mental and physical hurdles ahead.

Quote:They went all in with Bradford and it kinda nipped them in the bum. I retract my earlier statement about Sanchez.. I'd probably take Hill to sense he has the experience.

I was surprised that St. Louis was as decisive regarding Sam Bradford as they were.    While Bradford has had moments of good play in the NFL,   in truth he hasn't lived up to being a top draft selection.    My gut feeling is on the St. Louis airwaves and in the print media,   there's going to be many questioning the Rams decision to pass on Blake Bortles.