Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sam Bradford

Quote:I was surprised that St. Louis was as decisive regarding Sam Bradford as they were.    While Bradford has had moments of good play in the NFL,   in truth he hasn't lived up to being a top draft selection.    My gut feeling is on the St. Louis airwaves and in the print media,   there's going to be many questioning the Rams decision to pass on Blake Bortles.

Good point D6. Not just Bortles but any of the QBs in the draft this year. It's fine to stand by their QB and say he's their man for morale and committment but Bradford hasn't justified their stance with his performance thus far in his career. It's like they were trying to avoid a QB controversy even though they kind of needed one.

Greg Robinson hasn't played that well thus far from what I understand. Double whammy.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rams are gonna draft Winston next year. Book it.

This is sad news for Bradford. Sounds like the Rams will possibly go after Sanchez. Talk about lousy options.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:They went all in with Bradford and it kinda nipped them in the bum. I retract my earlier statement about Sanchez.. I'd probably take Hill to sense he has the experience.

I dunno about that .... will next years overall #1 pick belong to the Rams?

I feel horrible for Bradford. Seems like he is cursed.

Quote:I dunno about that .... will next years overall #1 pick belong to the Rams?

Heisman curse maybe?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I dunno about that .... will next years overall #1 pick belong to the Rams?

Cursed? He's made like 50 million dollars. He'll be okay.
;

;

I wonder what they will give up for Henne?  Ninja

Real talk though, a lot of the Rams fans were mad even before Bradfords injury that they passed up on Bortles

I usually don't feel sorry for opponents, but I do feel bad for Bradford. Tough break

Quote:Good point D6. Not just Bortles but any of the QBs in the draft this year. It's fine to stand by their QB and say he's their man for morale and committment but Bradford hasn't justified their stance with his performance thus far in his career. It's like they were trying to avoid a QB controversy even though they kind of needed one.

Greg Robinson hasn't played that well thus far from what I understand. Double whammy.

Thanks,  hendershot.

It certainly seems like the Rams went out of their way to avoid a QB controversy.   A big part of the problem is the contract terms that Sam Bradford is playing under.   He was the last number 1 overall pick in a draft to be under contract before the new CBA went into effect.    Because of the contract,  Bradford's injury history,  him not living up to a top pick up until this point,  and opportunties in the draft especially because of having a tremendous amount of draft leverage as a result of having pick # 2,   this probably should have been the year that they cut bait with Bradford.     They could have still signed Shaun Hill to be the short term QB until the long term solution was ready.  

I saw the first half of the Rams pre-season games against the Saints and Packers.   Greg Robinson has see action at both LT and LG.   He really didn't stand out as a top 2 pick.   The good news for the Rams is Robinson is very young and should make plenty of progress with the experience he's going to gain this season.    Growing pains are inevitable though.

What do you mean? They drafted Tevon Austin and Robinson back to back years in order to protect/help Bradford out. They kinda went all in with him.

Sammy,  I'll be very surprised if the Rams get even close to pick # 1 in 2015 unless they trade up.   This is under the assumption that Shaun Hill stays relatively healthy and starts the vast majority of games this season.  

I'm going on record in predicting the Rams will be closer to .500,  if not better,  even being in a very good division,   than they will be to pick # 1.   This team has the makings of a deep differential Defensive Line.   Hill won't attempt to play beyond his ability.   While the future at the QB position is problematic for the Rams at this time,  I think the present is better than most people believe is the case.

The situation is even worst for the Rams' management team, especially Les Snead.  Bradford's guarenteed money -- over $50 millions from his rookie contract -- were already paid out by the Rams by the end of last season, meaning that they could have cut bait after last season and save like $10 millions on their cap.  Instead, they decided to go "all in" on a QB with a history of injury and recovering from an ACL while paying him $14 millions for this upcoming season.  His salary counted $17 millions against their cap as well.

I feel bad for Bradford too. He's been getting hurt so much, he hasn't been able to get his career in any sort of rhythm.

I think he can still be really good if he gets healthy.

Go to Twitter and do a search for "Rams Bortles". The results are glorious.

Feel bad for Bradford, but not gonna lie that I'm happy that Fisher missed out on Bortles.

I feel bad for Bradford. I don't think he was ever going to be special, but I do believe he had the potential to become a franchise qb.

Gabbert's main comparison coming out of college was sam bradford. Makes sense to me now.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Sammy, I'll be very surprised if the Rams get even close to pick # 1 in 2015 unless they trade up. This is under the assumption that Shaun Hill stays relatively healthy and starts the vast majority of games this season.

I'm going on record in predicting the Rams will be closer to .500, if not better, even being in a very good division, than they will be to pick # 1. This team has the makings of a deep differential Defensive Line. Hill won't attempt to play beyond his ability. While the future at the QB position is problematic for the Rams at this time, I think the present is better than most people believe is the case.

Because every team in the NFC West has a strong defense, I think losing bradford might make them the "worst" team in the NFC West. I wonder if the Rams will be able to score points, because the other 3 teams have solid offenses, although different styles from each other.

Quote:Because every team in the NFC West has a strong defense, I think losing bradford might make them the "worst" team in the NFC West. I wonder if the Rams will be able to score points, because the other 3 teams have solid offenses, although different styles from each other.

How is that any different that last year when Bradford missed over half the season?

Quote:Because every team in the NFC West has a strong defense, I think losing bradford might make them the "worst" team in the NFC West. I wonder if the Rams will be able to score points, because the other 3 teams have solid offenses, although different styles from each other.

One major reason why I think the Rams will be better than most people believe is the case,  providing Shaun Hill stays relatively healthy,  is the Rams went 3-4 in the games that Sam Bradford started last season and 4-5 after he tore his ACL.    While the Rams have an uphill battle to escape 4th place in the NFC West in 2014,  I thought that was the case prior to the season ending injury to Bradford the other night.   It's a reflection of how good this division is.   In essence,  I don't think the loss of Bradford will change the final results of the Rams 2014 season in a significant manner,  if Hill is their QB the vast majority of the games.   A major problem the Rams have is they have no one proven and experienced behind Hill.    

Quote:How is that any different that last year when Bradford missed over half the season?
That is also true.

Can't say I feel bad for Jeff Fisher though!