Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who's going to be our receivers?

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 02:42 PM by jzjvillejags22.)

I am living in Missouri right now so I have not been able to catch much information about the Jaguars receivers. Hence, I decided I'd write in here in hopes someone could give me some legitimate information. Preferably someone who has been to a couple of training camps and knows some people in the organization. 

I know Blackmon can't get back until after week 9 if he gets reinstated. Whats the odds we are going to keep him? Is he worth keeping? He did pretty well when he came back last year. Has the ability to be a solid 2 / potential number 1. 

Then cecil shorts is hurt. He had a down year last year, but that was because the offense in general was struggling. He is going to be our number 1 correct?

Then here comes the fun questions. Ace Sanders is hurt too correct? Will he be our number 3 if he gets healthy? I ask these questions because this Allen Hurns guy is playing well. Then Mike Brown finished the season well and on the depth chart he's number 2 behind Marquis Lee (So the 3rd/4th WR). Then there's that guy we drafted besides Lee, Allen Robinson. I haven't heard or seen  thing about him. What's his deal?

So outside of Shorts and Lee. Who's going to be our top 5? 

Thanks guys

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Hurns has a legit chance to supplant Lee as #2.

Cecil Shorts, Marquis Lee, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, Mike Brown, (Ace Sanders returns week 5) 

Shorts, Lee, Robinson, Hurns, and Brown. When Ace comes back from suspension, Brown won't be on the team. Hurns has looked like our best receiver in the preseason. I won't make an opinion on Blackmon until he's given a judgement

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 02:48 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Robinson & Hurns:  outside starters

Lee: slot

Brown/ Taylor/ Doss: Backups

Shorts: traded for either OL help or 2015 draft choice(s)

Hurns, Robinson, Lee, Shorts, & Ace

Quote:Robinson & Hurns:  outside starters

Lee: slot

Brown/ Taylor/ Doss: Backups

Shorts: traded for either OL help or 2015 draft choice(s)

so shorts is definitely going to be traded?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Shorts, Lee, Robinson (when he gets back), Hurns, Brown

Quote:Shorts, Lee, Robinson, Hurns, and Brown. When Ace comes back from suspension, Brown won't be on the team. Hurns has looked like our best receiver in the preseason. I won't make an opinion on Blackmon until he's given a judgement

Considering the number of injuries to our receivers this preseason, they'll probably keep Brown. Doss is a wildcard here because of his return abilities (if he ever actually gets on the field). Brown made no mistakes in punt coverage yesterday, which is good, but isn't a guy who's going to break a long return.

Hurns deserves to start ahead of Lee, and Brown, and maybe Shorts and Robinson too.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"