Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For those wanting Henne to start week one, please explain the benefits to Bortles and the team

One rule: You are not allowed to invoke the name Gabbert into your explanation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think Gus is on the message board  :no:

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Why do we need to explain it? Seems they already understand.
Signature goes here.

Henne is afraid to throw the ball more than 10 yards even in the preseason.  I can't wait for him to completely fail to move the offense in the regular season as well.

A. I don't think it's up to the fans, but I could be wrong.

B. The only reason I might be in favor of it at least for now is because the offensive line is..............well..............offensive.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

1.you want him working on his flaws his first year. Footwork. Mechanics. Adjust to NFL speed in practice. If you put him in as starter then he will revert to old bad habits in game situations. Fix his flaws in his first year and it will pay off the rest of his career.

2. Offensive line is not looking good.

its simple, offensive line is looking better but not there yet. We need to protect our bright  furture qb.  :yes: :yes:

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Something to watch beyond the 2nd quarter. Besides the possibility of a babe in the swimming pool.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:1.you want him working on his flaws his first year. Footwork. Mechanics. Adjust to NFL speed in practice. If you put him in as starter then he will revert to old bad habits in game situations. Fix his flaws in his first year and it will pay off the rest of his career.

The trouble with #1, where you say "adjust to NFL speed in practice", is that backup QBs don't get practice during the regular season. except on their own.  With limited practice time, it's all about the starter.  

I agree with #2.  

My opinion is, Gus and Dave have made so many good decisions so far, I am inclined to trust them with this one.   Whether we win in Philly or Washington doesn't make any difference, because we are not yet a playoff caliber team.   So, whether Blake should start right now is not a very important argument. 

Bortles will learn a lot by watching Henne stink and the team lose.
;

;

In b4 TMD and includes a comment with mouth breathers in it.

Quote:Bortles will learn a lot by watching Henne stink and the team lose.

Yep. Has to cultivate losing and acceptance of mediocrity into his game.

No pain, no gain.

Bortles make the offensive line better. That's what good qbs with pocket poise do. 

Quote:Bortles make the offensive line better. That's what good qbs with pocket poise do.

This is true. I can't argue against that

Such a disservice to the loyal fans of the Jaguars.

If they knew their rookie QB was going to sit wasn't there a better free agent backup option this off-season? Oh wait... I forgot.. Henne "knows the offense".

Quote:1.you want him working on his flaws his first year. Footwork. Mechanics. Adjust to NFL speed in practice. If you put him in as starter then he will revert to old bad habits in game situations. Fix his flaws in his first year and it will pay off the rest of his career.

1. the starting qb gets all the reps with the first team offense. bortles would only get a couple of reps with 2nd and 3rd stringers. when i say a couple, i mean a couple. we have seen him under pressure and mechanics don't seem to be an issue.

2. people are making the offensive line problems bigger than they are. the problem is more so run blocking than anything. also, qb pocket presence helps make the line look better. henne has minimal pocket awareness, which makes the line look worse. notice how bortles is able to escape pressure or make a positive play.   

So that we have a better chance at a top ten draft pick next year.

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

Quote:So that we have a better chance at a top ten draft pick next year.
land a top pass rusher for this defense and man that'd be awesome. I'd still prefer we go 7-9/8-8 and build momentum for next season.

Bortles has been learning new footwork. The concern is that, under pressure of having to win a real game, he will revert to his old form. He needs time for his new form to become second nature.

That said, it looks to me as if his footwork was fine during his play this preseason. But I'm not a coach who can judge that. I'll trust Gus & company to make the right decision.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:So that we have a better chance at a top ten draft pick next year.

I'm done with losing for higher draft picks! I'm not saying start Bortles if they don't think he's ready. I'm just saying i am now confident enough in David Caldwell that if they want a guy they will go up and get him. With Gene it was like , well he's the GM so I guess he knows what he's doing. With Caldwell you don't have to wait three years to see if these guys have potential. Almost all of Caldwells picks have shown potential out of the gates. Win now worry about draft position on Draft day.