Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bill O'Brien could leave Houston...

Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans: It's possible O'Brien could be coaching his final game with the Texans on Saturday if they are eliminated against Oakland in the Divisional Round, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported on Monday on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. He added there is a chance that O'Brien and the Texans can mutually part ways.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 12:43 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Why? He has overachieved with that junk roster and no franchise QB. Not sure why they would let him go.

If they do let him go bring him in Dave!

Quote:Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans: It's possible O'Brien could be coaching his final game with the Texans on Saturday if they are eliminated against Oakland in the Divisional Round, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported on Monday on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. He added there is a chance that O'Brien and the Texans can mutually part ways.

I'd be all for bringing him into jacksonville. If i recall correctly, he graded Bortles really high as well. 

We would get a guy known for his offensive mind and work with QBs from a divison rival? He is also a big enough name to bring in high quality coordinators. Sign me up. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Yep, I would be more than happy to get him. This would be a bone-headed move on McNairs part to get rid of him. But then again he fired Kubiak too. I guess he doesn't understand that you need at least a decent QB to win in this league in the playoffs.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I wouldn't cry one tear if O'Brien leaves. & I wouldn't lose one minute of sleep if he's picked up by the Jags.

& I don't think McNair wants to fire O'Brien. It's complicated, it's mostly speculative right now, but it's basically the same situation we had with Kubiak. The front office questions some of the game day decisions & O'Brien is being stubborn.

I could understand if O'Brien was successful with doing the things he does, but it's not. We've got the worse offense in the league. Without Romeo Crennel handling the defense, we'd have been lucky to win two games.

O'Brien has some good qualities. But he's not in line with the F.O. & the QB thing is only part of it.
ImATexan

Yeah... Hard pass. He may be the best coach in the division but that's not saying much
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wouldnt want him here, but Im not a fan of his at all.

New report of him likely being fired if they lose today.

If he were fired, you have to think he'd be very interested in the Jags job.

I hope Oakland blows them out today.

Quote:I hope Oakland blows them out today.

Not seeing that happen with all their injuries and a 3rd stronger QB

Quote:Not seeing that happen with all their injuries and a 3rd stronger QB

Is Osweiler that much better than Cook right now though?

Just for the record, if they fire a guy that took a 2-14 win team to 3 repeated 9-7 seasons, including two division championships than they're literally psycho.  If it comes down to it fire Rick Smith they're GM.

Quote:Just for the record, if they fire a guy that took a 2-14 win team to 3 repeated 9-7 seasons, including two division championships than they're literally psycho. If it comes down to it fire Rick Smith they're GM.
The GM has been doing pretty well in everything its just that colossal brock flub thats staining his resume.

The Jags liked O'Brien enough in 2012 to get permission from the Pats to interview him.  He went to Penn State instead.  

If he comes available, I think he would immediately become the leading candidate.  He did unbelievable at Penn State, especially given the situation he inherited.  

Quote:Not seeing that happen with all their injuries and a 3rd stronger QB

Yeah. Things swung really lucky for the texans with Carr going down. If they had to face any other team in the AFC playoffs they probably lose big today, but since it's a team without a QB it's quite likely they win.

Even after a playoff win, still probably getting fired. Can't make this stuff up...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-houston/

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 08:52 AM by Mowerguy.)

It isn't going to happen guys....

move on.... nothing to see here. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...on-my-deal

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Looks like the speculation has shift to BoB not being happy with the Texans rather than the other way around. That actually makes me want him less.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.