Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No Drob?

Just kinda curious why he didnt get the ball much. Lots of talk about Drob being number #2 just kinda wondering what the deal is? Dosent look like Todman or Johnson really took advantage of the opportunity.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He played well on special teams. That's what he's going to have to do to make the roster and to have a career in the NFL

Quote:He played well on special teams. That's what he's going to have to do to make the roster and to have a career in the NFL
granted he has to play well on special teams I think he has a big role in this offense this year.

Quote:granted he has to play well on special teams I think he has a big role in this offense this year.

The coaches don't seem to agree... looks very much 3/4th running back

Quote:The coaches don't seem to agree... looks very much 3/4th running back
That's not what i've heard all off season. Coaches seem to have been impressed with him as of late.

Quote:That's not what i've heard all off season. Coaches seem to have been impressed with him as of late.

Come on they put him in late, what does that tell you?

It's not like they are saving him for the season or they wouldn't play him at all.

Quote:Come on they put him in late, what does that tell you?

It's not like they are saving him for the season or they wouldn't play him
It just dosen't make sense unless his role was reduced because he played a bigger role on special teams. He's out performed both Todman and Johnson this preseason.

When a player starts carrying it less and starts doing more on special teams it isn't because he is playing well at running back.

I'm afraid he can't catch well so can't play receiver, and he has no real running back ability apart from running fast in straight lines. His nfl career is probably not lasting very long. Hope you enjoyed his college career

Quote:When a player starts carrying it less and starts doing more on special teams it isn't because he is playing well at running back.

I'm afraid he can't catch well so can't play receiver, and he has no real running back ability apart from running fast in straight lines. His nfl career is probably not lasting very long. Hope you enjoyed his college career
have you not watched him this offseason/preseason? he's improved in every area. It's been well documented.

Quote:have you not watched him this offseason/preseason? he's improved in every area. It's been well documented.
I agree from improved. He's gone from awful to below average..

Quote:I agree from improved. He's gone from awful to below average..
we are just gonna have to agree to disagree here.

Quote:Just kinda curious why he didnt get the ball much. Lots of talk about Drob being number #2 just kinda wondering what the deal is? Dosent look like Todman or Johnson really took advantage of the opportunity.
They know what they have there. Tonight was about letting Todman earn a spot.  Robinson is a lock, IMO. 

Quote:They know what they have there. Tonight was about letting Todman earn a spot.  Robinson is a lock, IMO. 
I would agree.. I think either Todman or Johnson is the odd man out.

Quote:I would agree.. I think either Todman or Johnson is the odd man out.
Who knows how they address the numbers at that position, but I would definitely think Todman waived or Storm to the PS is more likely than cutting the best RB of the preseason for the team. 

Quote:have you not watched him this offseason/preseason? he's improved in every area. It's been well documented.

By well documented, you mean by him playing with the 4th string every game? In that case, yes, he's much improved playing 4th string. And, consider this now documented.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

I was sad to see so much Todman last night and so little Drob. But he did pretty well on ST.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 03:40 PM by HIGH SCORE.)

Quote:They know what they have there. Tonight was about letting Todman earn a spot. Robinson is a lock, IMO.
100%

They know what they have with #16. They were giving Todman a chance to grab a roster spot....and it would appear he failed.

Quote:100%

They no what they have with #16. They were giving Todman a chance to grab a roster spot....and it would appear he failed.
Agreed 100 percent. I would like to see Drob get some more carries in Atlanta. My guess is Todman, Cobb and or Johnson gets cut Tuesday. I could actually see Johnson sticking because he's a Caldwell pick but by no means is he a guarantee.

They didn't need to see Drob.

Todman and Storm may be battling for a spot so they featured the two to make a decision maybe.

In their defense, the Oline had been changed up once Todman was the go to back and maybe those guys just weren't getting any push (I dont think the starting line did much either, Toby is just a good solid strong runner)

Drob is our "OW" and he isn't going anywhere until after his 3rd camp. If by then he hasn't become more of a Harvin/Sproles type of player for us, he might be in danger of being cut.

I'm still not getting why people think Todman is fighting for a roster spot. He started game 1. Was the backup to Gerhart in Game 2 and last night. To me he has that spot locked down. Why, I have no idea. However, the coaches seem to trust him. Personally, I don't like any runningback on this roster. Gerhart looks like he is running in concrete and the more I watch him the less impressed I become. Storm looks like a street free agent you sign after your regulars go down with injuries. D-Rob has that speed but is still new to the position so he gets an incomplete.