Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is Special

this guy has special qualities

nothing seems too big for him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That fake spike was awesome.

thrust into the game with 1 minute left, on the road, against starters backed up on your five, and you sling the ball down the field like a champ

my goodness

That was a strong showing. Had a couple of rookie throws too, but the completions were impressive.

ben roethlisberger 2.0

Quote:ben roethlisberger 2.0
Blake Bortles 1.0

Quote:Blake Bortles 1.0
BOOM!

Quote:this guy has special qualities

nothing seems too big for him
Does it make you feel stupid for being such a troll for so long now? You'll never be viewed as a true fan because you were a knucklehead for so long.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

i understand the big ben comparison a lot, but i keep thinking of brett favre in his play style.

he has that yolo mentality.

On topic though, Bortles appears to be on the verge of being something special.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:i understand the big ben comparison a lot, but i keep thinking of brett favre in his play style.

he has that yolo mentality.
it doesnt seem too big for him.

That TD and throw across the field were elite. I'm still trying to contain my enthusiasm.
Huh

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 10:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Bortles looks like he could become a better passer than Roethlisberger, actually. 

The impressive thing about Blake so far is that he's been remarkably consistent with the high YPA every game. Over 9.0 in every game so far. He's not afraid to go downfield and do so consistently. I just pray the coaches continue to allow him to do this and don't neuter him into a game manager. 

This is the kind of QB I have been asking for for years. And why I bashed just about every QB we've brought in since Brunell. Leftwich was seen as a downfield passer by some, but his YPA flat out sucked. 

I have longed for a QB who can put up 300 "non garbage" yards a game and not make it look like an accomplishment.

Quote:Bortles looks like he could become a better passer than Roethlisberger, actually. 

The impressive thing about Blake so far is that he's been remarkably consistent with the high YPA every game. Over 9.0 in every game so far. He's not afraid to go downfield and do so consistently. I just pray the coaches continue to allow him to do this and don't neuter him into a game manager. 

This is the kind of QB I have been asking for for years. And why I bashed just about every QB we've brought in since Brunell. Leftwich was seen as a downfield passer by some, but his YPA flat out sucked. 

Just as the visual : 

game 1: 7-11 for 117 yards = 63% / 10+ YPA

game 2: 11-17 for 160 yards = 64% / 9.4 YPA

game 3: 10-16 for 156 yards = 63% / 9.7 YPA

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 10:26 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Quote:Just as the visual : 

With 2-3 "Clocked" incompletions

10/14 for 156 = 71% / 11.1 YPA

Beautiful. Better every game vs better quality defense

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 10:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: With 2-3 "Clocked" incompletions

10/14 for 156 = 71% / 11.1 YPA

Not only that....

But going 28-44 for 435 yards this preseason with a WR corps that has pretty much unproven/ and or average talent there. 

It kinds lends credence to the notion that the QB does indeed help make the WR just as much as the WR helps make the QB. 

Not to say that adding someone like a Blackmon wouldn't indeed make us more dangerous...because it would....but Blake is making it happen, and impressively with what we have now. 

Quote:Not only that....

But going 28-44 for 435 yards this preseason with a WR corps that has pretty much unproven/ and or average talent there. 

It kinds lends credence to the notion that the QB does indeed help make the WR just as much as the WR helps make the QB. 

Not to say that adding someone like a Blackmon wouldn't indeed make us more dangerous...because it would....but Blake is making it happen, and impressively with what we have now. 
He has helped the Oline more than anything...

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe if you remove the 2 spikes from his stat line.

10-16 for 158 yds 1 touchdown and a passer rating of 116.1

You get 132.4 passer rating. Yes special.