Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is Special

Quote:ben roethlisberger 2.0
I HOPE NOT !!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He has helped the Oline more than anything...

Yeah, he does get rid of the ball quicker than Hen. 

Quote:Yeah, he does get rid of the ball quicker than Hen. 
Im thinking more of the stepping up into the pocket as well

Quote:Im thinking more of the stepping up into the pocket as well

Yes, making plays where Henne would take a sack.

But we do need to get him some longer cleats.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 10:42 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Quote:Yes, making plays where Henne would take a sack.

But we do need to get him some longer cleats.
He is definitely good for at least 1 slip during a dropback per game.

But he continues to play through it and not just give up on the play ala Gabbert//Henne

Quote:Im thinking more of the stepping up into the pocket as well

Absolutely that too....

The play tonight where he did that little duck the pass rusher and then step up 5 yards was nice to see. Henne would have been sacked by the initial pass rush on that play. (as would have Gabbert). 

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 10:42 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:But we do need to get him some longer cleats.

No thanks. 

I'd rather him slip on occasion and potentially save his ACL's thank you. 

Quote:This is the kind of QB I have been asking for for years. And why I bashed just about every QB we've brought in since Brunell. Leftwich was seen as a downfield passer by some, but his YPA flat out sucked.

You are an absolute visionary. None of the rest of us ever wanted a good QB, but you....you knew that we needed a quality QB.

You and no one else.

Thank you.

He has a style all his own. But he's the starter opening season or smh.

No one is safe.

Special QB finally!

We as a fan base have suffered for a long,long,long time. Hang on we are in for a ride!

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 10:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You are an absolute visionary. None of the rest of us ever wanted a good QB, but you....you knew that we needed a quality QB.

You and no one else.

Thank you.

I'm not saying that. 

Just that Blake is looking exactly like the kind of QB I've wanted to see here for a long time. Not since pre injury Brunell have we had this. 

I did see that others weren't this, however, such as Leftwich, and indeed was met with resistance. 

Quote:I'm not saying that.

Just that Blake is looking exactly like the kind of QB I've wanted to see here for a long time. Not since pre injury Brunell have we had this.

I did see that others weren't this, however, such as Leftwich, and indeed was met with resistance.

Blake looks like an absolute coup for us.

I'm trying not to get too excited. I am half waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Sitting BB will only hinder his progress. He is ready to play now! We have an elite QB that should start opening day! I have never seen a rookie quarterback that is more ready to play then BB! It will go con-tray to everything about competition and the best player starts that Bradley has been preaching. Please for the love of god start Blake! We just may make the playoffs if he starts the season,

Quote:Blake looks like an absolute coup for us.

I'm trying not to get too excited. I am half waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Stop worrying Jacksonville has an elite quarterback! 

Even Jeff Lageman has changed his opinion and is now supporting Bortles to start
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Anyone else find it hilarious watching Disney Sports Channel highlights and the game stat line only shows BB, you know Chad sees that and has to say, " hey I started "
A good loser is a good loser

Its already been confirmed from the coaches that Henne is the week 1 starter. May god have mercy on our soul.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Its already been confirmed from the coaches that Henne is the week 1 starter. May god have mercy on our soul.

I don't have a problem with it. 

Bortles will be starting permanently soon enough. I trust the coaches on this. 

[Image: tumblr_kzikf9lrJa1qzoxl6o1_400.gif]

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:On topic though, Bortles appears to be on the verge of being something special.
I agree and its not just one thing he's good at. He nearly looks like a vet not a rookie, and he makes it look so easy.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC