Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR Jeff Janis

Quote:You get very little right. You did happen to suggest Janis as a late late round guy. Big deal. He hasn't done anything yet. He hasn't even actually made the 53 man roster. Even if he does THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. doesn't mean he will be good. Doesn't mean you were right...

Janis is headed for some big numbers in Green Bay. 

Making the final 53 is just the first step. Per all accounts he's been very impressive in Packers camp. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If based on this current timeline....

Janis is a success...

How would you deem a 3rd/4th string injury prone TE that you picked in the 2nd round and labeled the "steal of the draft"?

Ask me about him on that other thread. This one is for Janis. (I get your point that that Niklas is struggling so far I'm still a believer tho)

Quote:Ask me about him on that other thread. This one is for Janis. (I get your point that that Niklas is struggling so far I'm still a believer tho)

Point I'm making is if you're calling your hits call the misses too

Quote:Skip doesn't get anything right. 

I get lots right. like Janis, here. 

What were you right about Skip?

;

;

hurns > janis. this one goes to caldwell

TMD...50,000+ posts looking for validation from total strangers.
Huh

Quote:TMD...50,000+ posts looking for validation from total strangers.

It's really a bizarre life he lives.

;

;

TMD sure knows how to rock those clown shoes.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 04:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:What were you right about Skip?

Been right about lots.....Jamaal Charles, Michael Griffin > Reggie Nelson, Calais Campbell, Ray Rice, Leftwich, Marcedes, Reggie Williams, Shack, Jack, Mularkey, countless assistant coaches, Gabbert, accurate Jags record predictions annually....and on and on.... 

Quote:hurns > janis.

This has a chance, I'll agree. 

^^^^^^^^^^^

The only person on this board that needs validation enough to pimp himself.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 04:17 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Been right about lots.....Jamaal Charles, Michael Griffin > Reggie Nelson, Calais Campbell, Ray Rice, Leftwich, Marcedes, Reggie Williams, Shack, Jack, Mularkey, countless assistant coaches, Gabbert, accurate Jags record predictions annually....and on and on.... 

You started this thread because you were "right". So Skip...what were you right about in regards to Janis?

;

;

Quote:Been right about lots.....Jamaal Charles, Michael Griffin > Reggie Nelson, Calais Campbell, Ray Rice, Leftwich, Marcedes, Reggie Williams, Shack, Jack, Mularkey, countless assistant coaches, Gabbert, accurate Jags record predictions annually....and on and on....

Let's start on your misses then... I'll start, Gus Bradley, lefevour, shorts, gratz, niklas, teddy, desir... I'm sure everyone could continue.

Point is in direct correlation with you happening to be lucky with Janis, in the same draft you were clearly wrong on 3 higher profile players at least.

Second fact is all youre doing is saying that you were right about Janis but he still hasn't done anything and may never do anything.

So how can you say you're right?

That's like me saying oh hey Blake is going to be the greatest quarterback in the history of the sport and after he retires he's going to be a part time astronaut.

Then Blake throws a touchdown pass and I start a thread to tell everyone how right I am.

Damn, I'm good.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 04:27 PM by RicoTx.)

It's what being a Jaguars fan is all about...being right.

And as I'm walking out of the building, I think about Del Rio...who you were 'right' on. You LIKED the hire, then after a few years started to complain about him.

So you were 'right' about Del Rio after you were wrong?

How does that work?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Janis is on his way, baybee!

And Mallett actually played well in his last game. Not sure what you are watching. Garoppolo (btw another QB I liked) simply is outshining him. Garoppolo has played outstanding. He's outshined Brady so far. That TD throw he made last week where he threaded the needle in the middle of the EZ was a thing of beauty.

Mallett will be a steal for some team in a few weeks.

You did? I really don't remember that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You did? I really don't remember that.
He did.  As did roycee, myself and a few others.   

Quote:He did.  As did roycee, myself and a few others.   

Where's your thread talking about you were "right" about him? What are you waiting for?

;

;

Quote:Where's your thread talking about you were "right" about him? What are you waiting for?
Haha.  I'll get right on that.  

Quote:You started this thread because you were "right". So Skip...what were you right about in regards to Janis?

right about Janis being a good pick

Quote:You did? I really don't remember that.

Yep, my top 3 QB recommendations heading into this draft was Teddy, Manziel (ugh) and Garoppolo. 

The QB I hated was Carr and Fales. 

The rest were mostly seen as indifferent.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 04:37 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's what being a Jaguars fan is all about...being right.

And as I'm walking out of the building, I think about Del Rio...who you were 'right' on. You LIKED the hire, then after a few years started to complain about him.

So you were 'right' about Del Rio after you were wrong?

How does that work?

I'll give most head coaches a chance (other than one as bad as Mularkey) initially. Del Rio was "decent" for several years, I supported a contract extension in 2007 after the playoff win (however learned a valuable lesson as to never give any coach as many as 5 years on such extensions as your wind up stuck with said coach should the bottom fall out quickly)....but by 2008 it was clear he needed to go. The only part I declared was that he needed to go from 2008 onward. Many defended him from 2008 onward, and still do, acting like he was good, and it was evident that looking over the entire tenure as a head coach that he wasn't good in the capacity. 

Quote:I'll give most head coaches a chance (other than one as bad as Mularkey) initially. Del Rio was "decent" for several years, I supported a contract extension in 2007 after the playoff win (however learned a valuable lesson as to never give any coach as many as 5 years on such extensions as your wind up stuck with said coach should the bottom fall out quickly)....but by 2008 it was clear he needed to go. The only part I declared was that he needed to go from 2008 onward. Many defended him from 2008 onward, and still do, acting like he was good, and it was evident that looking over the entire tenure as a head coach that he wasn't good in the capacity.

So you wanted him gone after a losing season. Real genius right therr.