Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR Jeff Janis

Quote:I'll give most head coaches a chance (other than one as bad as Mularkey) initially. Del Rio was "decent" for several years, I supported a contract extension in 2007 after the playoff win (however learned a valuable lesson as to never give any coach as many as 5 years on such extensions as your wind up stuck with said coach should the bottom fall out quickly)....but by 2008 it was clear he needed to go. The only part I declared was that he needed to go from 2008 onward. Many defended him from 2008 onward, and still do, acting like he was good, and it was evident that looking over the entire tenure as a head coach that he wasn't good in the capacity. 
Ok, in what regards do you use the term "valuable", lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you wanted him gone after a losing season. Real genius right therr.

It wasn't just the losing season. That was just the final straw for me. I've gone over what cumulatively made him a bad head coach before. This isn't news. 

Quote:Ok, in what regards do you use the term "valuable", lol.

I thought what you bolded is self explanatory. Not understanding what you are getting at. 

Quote:I thought what you bolded is self explanatory. Not understanding what you are getting at. 
lol

Quote:I'll give most head coaches a chance (other than one as bad as Mularkey) initially. Del Rio was "decent" for several years, I supported a contract extension in 2007 after the playoff win (however learned a valuable lesson as to never give any coach as many as 5 years on such extensions as your wind up stuck with said coach should the bottom fall out quickly)....but by 2008 it was clear he needed to go. The only part I declared was that he needed to go from 2008 onward. Many defended him from 2008 onward, and still do, acting like he was good, and it was evident that looking over the entire tenure as a head coach that he wasn't good in the capacity.
So you were right after you changed your mind. Got it. LOL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

TMD must of lost his promotion after cooking the burgers low and slow. Back to the fry chamber...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

TMD is a joke.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:It wasn't just the losing season. That was just the final straw for me. I've gone over what cumulatively made him a bad head coach before. This isn't news.

The final straw? You supported the contract extension. That is not being right about a damn thing. If you didnt support the hire in the first place and had a problem with the contract extension then yeah. But not in this scenario.

Quote:right about Janis being a good pick

But what are you "right" about? He hasn't even played in a regular season game.

;

;

Quote:Achilles, hailtoyourvictor and roycee bashed the player and pick later in the thread.

Still not sure how I bashed him.

Quote:Achilles, hailtoyourvictor and roycee bashed the player and pick later in the thread.

Re-read the whole thread and you did catch a fair amount of flak over Janis.

I'm sorry TMD you were right.  :teehee:

Quote:So you were right after you changed your mind. Got it. LOL.

No, I was right in establishing the opinion that he simply wasn't ever going to cut it. You can act like it was no big revelation to say that by 2008, but many people on this board were still brother in law'ing JDR at that point, and remained doing so for the duration. 

Quote:But what are you "right" about? He hasn't even played in a regular season game.

Has Bortles? Does that stop us from declaring him a good pick? No. Why? Because we can tell he's gonna be good. So, not sure why one can't come to a similar conclusion with Janis, here. 

Quote:Has Bortles? Does that stop us from declaring him a good pick? No. Why? Because we can tell he's gonna be good. So, not sure why one can't come to a similar conclusion with Janis, here. 

Jeff Janis definitely has some talent. Good call but you still got a lot to make up for regarding Dan Lefourbust. Most of your predictions have merit supported with facts but that one was just absolutely funny.

Quote:Jeff Janis definitely has some talent. Good call but you still got a lot to make up for regarding Dan Lefourbust. Most of your predictions have merit supported with facts but that one was just absolutely funny.

If you watched LeFevour at CM, its not like he was terrible. He actually seemed like he was a good QB and had good command of his offense. He even had some pretty good athletic ability as he made many big plays with his legs as well. The issue that I underestimated was his arm. While it was very accurate in college, it simply wasn't strong enough for the NFL game. 

Quote:If you watched LeFevour at CM, its not like he was terrible. He actually seemed like he was a good QB and had good command of his offense. He even had some pretty good athletic ability as he made many big plays with his legs as well. The issue that I underestimated was his arm. While it was very accurate in college, it simply wasn't strong enough for the NFL game. 

He did look sporty in college and Ill admit ignorance as to not truely giving him the time of day while he was in college. However I did pay attention during the 2010 draft events and such, His arm was just really really bad. I just remember you supporting him even after his arm was exposed which led to the "lulz".

But if his arm wasn't an issue, The kid would've been a starter in the NFL for sure.

Quote:He did look sporty in college and Ill admit ignorance as to not truely giving him the time of day while he was in college. However I did pay attention during the 2010 draft events and such, His arm was just really really bad. I just remember you supporting him even after his arm was exposed which led to the "lulz".

But if his arm wasn't an issue, The kid would've been a starter in the NFL for sure.

I fell into the Joe Montana trap. Montana himself certainly didn't have a strong arm at all...yet he was very successful. But thats a rarity. Maybe if LeFevour had Bill Walsh as his head coach things might have turned out different for him in the pro's....or maybe not. 

Quote:I know I had some people on here bashing me when I included him in my late rounds of my Jaguars hopeful draft for 14. 
[Image: picard_clapping.gif]

Hey TMD, Khalil mack looks really good too even though you told us he won't be.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

1 catch for 34 yards is all he has done?