Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR Jeff Janis

Quote:1 catch for 34 yards is all he has done?

.....1 preseason catch for 34 yards. Yes.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 02:39 AM by Predator.)

Quote:.....1 preseason catch for 34 yards. Yes.
That 34 yarder is the saving grace of his entire draft.

He makes a thread to congratulate himself and the only thing he really shows is how pathetic his overall draft really was.

My late round rec after the fry cook combine is TMD. He rarely burns a fry, keeps his work area clean and stocked, uses the correct amount of salt, and is very knowledgeable about protocol for dealing with grease fires.

Only concerns with this prospect is that his "low and slow" flipping style may not translate to a grill position at an establishment that runs a high volume customer service system.

I'm sure I will catch alot of flak for this, but I'll be back in two weeks to start a validation thread about how right I was.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:.....1 preseason catch for 34 yards. Yes.
wait... this whole thread is over 1 catch?

Quote:wait... this whole thread is over 1 catch?

That's all it takes. 1 good play in the preseason to prove a guy was a good pick. 

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 08:52 AM by BlueEyedJag.)

Quote:That's all it takes. 1 good play in the preseason to prove a guy was a good pick.
Plus a rotoworld article...

Guarantee Lee has a much more productive career than Janis.

I am loathe to participate in this thread but I'd like to point out that Jacksonville's UDFA Rookie WR Allen Hurns outgained the entire preseason performance of ... whomever the subject of this thread is... in one half of play last night. 

And he didn't cost a draft pick.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I am loathe to participate in this thread but I'd like to point out that Jacksonville's UDFA Rookie WR Allen Hurns outgained the entire preseason performance of ... whomever the subject of this thread is... in one half of play last night.

And he didn't cost a draft pick.

Deacon from the top rope.

was he playing?

That's how you salt a fry.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

notice how he has not returned to this thread. he has been trolling elsewhere all day after it was pointed out that the guy has 1 preseason catch haha

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Guarantee Lee has a much more productive career than Janis.

Lee is a former Belitnikoff (sp?) winner....he better have a more productive career than Janis. 

When I think of the Jaguars and Saginaw Valley State combined,   Paul Spicer immediately comes to mind.

Are you joking, TMD?

1. You're the one ALWAYS talking about value. You always say stuff like "it isn't smart to take Player A at #3 if you can trade back and get him at #7". You wanted Janis at pick 179 when you could have gotten him 57 picks later. Make up your mind.

2. Janis, at best, is the 5th string WR on that roster. You should be thanking Jared Abbrederis for getting injured, because if he doesn't get injured I'm not sure the Packers keep Janis as a 6th WR. Without that injury, this thread probably doesn't exist.

3. How about waiting until Janis makes any sort of impact in a game that matters? Too difficult for you to do?

4. Linking that thread to tout your evaluation skills is a giant LOL. You swung and missed with that mock draft way more than you "hit" (and it is far from a hit at this point).

Quote:Are you joking, TMD?

1. You're the one ALWAYS talking about value. You always say stuff like "it isn't smart to take Player A at #3 if you can trade back and get him at #7". You wanted Janis at pick 179 when you could have gotten him 57 picks later. Make up your mind.

Are you really arguing over "value" at that point of the draft?? 6th/ 7th rounder....um who cares at that point??

57 spots difference at that point is much different than 57 spots difference high in the draft. 

Quote:Are you joking, TMD?

2. Janis, at best, is the 5th string WR on that roster. You should be thanking Jared Abbrederis for getting injured, because if he doesn't get injured I'm not sure the Packers keep Janis as a 6th WR. Without that injury, this thread probably doesn't exist.

3. How about waiting until Janis makes any sort of impact in a game that matters? Too difficult for you to do?

4. Linking that thread to tout your evaluation skills is a giant LOL. You swung and missed with that mock draft way more than you "hit" (and it is far from a hit at this point).

To add to this, Janis has 1 reception the entire preseason. He's been playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers and has only managed ONE CATCH. One preseason catch against 2nd and 3rd stringers and now Janis is "headed for some big numbers in Green Bay". This has to be a joke, right?

Quote:To add to this, Janis has 1 reception the entire preseason. He's been playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers and has only managed ONE CATCH. One preseason catch against 2nd and 3rd stringers and now Janis is "headed for some big numbers in Green Bay". This has to be a joke, right?

i believe he actually said something to this effect "he's on his way baybeee!"

Quote:i believe he actually said something to this effect "he's on his way baybeee!"

lol...

And even FURTHER. Like I said, Jeff Janis only has one catch the entire preseason. The play wasn't even that impressive. Janis get's wide open on a slant because a rookie safety completely blows his coverage. Then, Janis outruns another rookie (7th round pick, 3rd string, Christian Bryant) who takes a terrible angle on the play.

Quote:Are you really arguing over "value" at that point of the draft?? 6th/ 7th rounder....um who cares at that point??

57 spots difference at that point is much different than 57 spots difference high in the draft. 

<owl hoot>