Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Lions Preseason Game Night Thread***

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 03:58 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Jaguars NFL Preseason Game Night is here Jaguars fans!   Smile  Our Jacksonville Jaguars are up in Michigan to play another NFC North division rival, the Detroit Lions.  Both teams are overcoming one-point losses last week on the road.  Bears defeated our Jaguars 20-19, last Thursday in Chicago, while the Raiders defeated the Lions 27-26 last Friday Night.

Jaguars and Lions are only meeting the second time ever tonight in the NFL preseason. Detroit defeated Jacksonville by the score of 19-3 played 19 years ago in the Jaguars inaugural season of play in the NFL at the Pontiac Silverdome back on August 10, 1995.

Chad Henne also returns at the at the state where he played his college football at the University Of Michigan. Henne reportedly will start at OB for the Jags in the first few offensive plays. Then Jags rookie QB Blake Bortles will take over, leading the first team offensive unit, through the course of tonight's game.

Sam Kouvaris and former Jag and veteran NFL QB Mark Brunnell are announcing the live TV game play by play and analysis, along with sideline reporter/interviewer  Nikki Kimbleton  on flagship station WJXT Channel 4 in Jacksonville televising  with game coverage beginning by 7:30PM Eastern Standard Time, live on HD.  Tonight's Jaguars @ Lions game will also be replayed at least twice in the coming week on The NFL Network.

Frank Frangie will also announce the live radio game play-by play, along with former Jags lineman Tony Boselli and Jeff Lagerman both announcing the live game radio analysis, along with sideline reporter/interviewer Rick Ballou, and simulcast on Jaguars flagship stations WJXL Jax Sports Radio 1010AM, and 92.5FM, and the Jaguars Radio Network.

Both the Jaguars and Lions players compete for roster spots in game action tonight, as all NFL teams must reduce their rosters from 90, to 75 players by Tuesday afternoon.

NO injuries, and wish the Jaguars earn win #2 tonight.  GO JAGUARS!!!!!  :yes:    Smile       B)  :thumbsup:   ^_^

Jags @ Lions Live NFL Game Center:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014082200...ab=preview

2014 Jacksonville Jaguars Preseason TV and Radio Affiliates:

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/media-affiliates

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No injuries for either team is certainly my top priority/ hope for this pre-season game and every pre-season game.    A major injury for a team in the pre-season to a key player will offset anything positive for that team in a pre-season game.

No injuries and go Bortles!

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 04:06 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I hope we have a good clean injury-free game tonight and looking forward to Bortles' time with some of the starters. Anything else is a bonus.

No pain, no gain.

Expect the starters to play more minutes tonight. Bortles may struggle early, but he'll make some big plays.

I do believe tonight will be the night where Bortles puts to rest the subject of who should be starting.  Although I don't think he'll need to.  Henne should do most of the work for me on that one.

Kind of ironic we haven't played them since our inaugural because this season almost feels the same
A good loser is a good loser

Jag win big tonight.... passing game exposes Rasheen.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I just hope the O-line keeps Suh away.

Who's broadcasting the game tonight?  Not seeing it listed.

Quote:I just hope the O-line keeps Suh away.
WE SHOULD CHOP BLOCK HIM AND PUT HIM OUT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON.... IT'S WHAT HE DOES TO PEOPLE. ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:WE SHOULD CHOP BLOCK HIM AND PUT HIM OUT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON.... IT'S WHAT HE DOES TO PEOPLE. ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.

[Image: 1223_WVcapslock1.jpg]

Huh

Quote:WE SHOULD CHOP BLOCK HIM AND PUT HIM OUT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON.... IT'S WHAT HE DOES TO PEOPLE. ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.

There's a key on your keyboard labeled "Caps Lock". Could you, like, go ahead and push that for us one time? Yeah, that would be great. So, go ahead and push it now. Thanks.

Quote:There's a key on your keyboard labeled "Caps Lock". Could you, like, go ahead and push that for us one time? Yeah, that would be great. So, go ahead and push it now. Thanks.

I think he broke it.

Quote:Who's broadcasting the game tonight?  Not seeing it listed.
WJXT

CH4

PS. It shows CBS as showing raiders at Packers at 8pm. I will have to pop in and see how MJD looks for his new team.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:WJXT

CH4

PS. It shows CBS as showing raiders at Packers at 8pm. I will have to pop in and see how MJD looks for his new team.
So I wonder if it is on CBS in Orlando or if we are getting the Raiders/Packers.

If you're in an area where it's not being broadcasted (like me in Orlando with DirecTV - idiots are showing the packers/raiders game) I got the NFL preseason pass for $20.  You can stream the game live and watch all the past preseason games too.  It was working fine last night with the Steelers game.

Quote:No injuries for either team is certainly my top priority/ hope for this pre-season game and every pre-season game.    A major injury for a team in the pre-season to a key player will offset anything positive for that team in a pre-season game.

I agree D6. I hope both of our teams are spared any major injuries tonight. 

Quote:WE SHOULD CHOP BLOCK HIM AND PUT HIM OUT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON.... IT'S WHAT HE DOES TO PEOPLE. ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.

Thats bad mojo, dude....

Rooting for injury to another's team just gives your own bad karma. 

Please retract.

Please for the love of everything good in the world----I hope the refs don't ruin this game.