Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Lions Preseason Game Night Thread***

I can actually say that this preseason has been pretty fun so far.  Here's to a healthy game for both teams along with more improvements from both sides of the ball

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So I wonder if it is on CBS in Orlando or if we are getting the Raiders/Packers.
The Jags are on WKMG Local 6 in Orlando according to the affiliates list on the site. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Please for the love of everything good in the world----I hope the refs don't ruin this game.
Refs have been and will continue to be awful. Just want to see less of them

I hope for no injuries and a positive outing for Bortles against the ones. Though if Henne has "some hamstring tightness" and has to miss the opener well I suppose I can live with that
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Refs have been and will continue to be awful. Just want to see less of them
Don't expect to see less of them until the season starts.  The networks won't tolerate 3 1/2 - 4 hour games. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Don't expect to see less of them until the season starts.  The networks won't tolerate 3 1/2 - 4 hour games. 

Thats what I was saying yesterday to some friends that were [BLEEP] about the refs during the Eagles game. 

The refs are trying to send a message now, but they won't be calling this many flags in the regular season....well at least for most of the games, anyway. 

They haven't hidden the fact that they were going to make certain penalties a focus in the preseason.  They warned all the teams they were going to do this. 

Quote:Don't expect to see less of them until the season starts.  The networks won't tolerate 3 1/2 - 4 hour games. 

Quote:Thats what I was saying yesterday to some friends that were [BAD WORD REMOVED] about the refs during the Eagles game. 

The refs are trying to send a message now, but they won't be calling this many flags in the regular season....well at least for most of the games, anyway. 

I don't follow.  More NFL coverage = more advertising money.  They want more prime coverage of the NFL and longer games help achieve that.

Quote:I don't follow.  More NFL coverage = more advertising money.  They want more prime coverage of the NFL and longer games help achieve that.
They have schedules and they have advertising rates that are based on 3 hours.  Once a game goes beyond that, they're cutting into other programming that they've also sold advertising for.  This is especially true for the network that has the double header each week. 

The networks don't like to delay their schedules.  Longer games don't mean more revenues. 

Quote:If you're in an area where it's not being broadcasted (like me in Orlando with DirecTV - idiots are showing the packers/raiders game) I got the NFL preseason pass for $20.  You can stream the game live and watch all the past preseason games too.  It was working fine last night with the Steelers game.

Nvr mind on this for this weeks game.  It's blacked out for streaming since it is being played on a local affiliate.  Just happens to be a channel anybody with DirecTV doesn't get.

The refs letting the WR's run free is a bad idea.. they need to be hand checked or the game becomes arena football with a pricey ticket.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Jaguars NFL Preseason Game Night is here Jaguars fans!   Smile  Our Jacksonville Jaguars are up in Michigan to play another NFC North division rival, the Detroit Lions.  Both teams are overcoming one-point losses last week on the road.  Bears defeated our Jaguars 20-19, last Thursday in Chicago, while the Raiders defeated the Lions 27-26 last Friday Night.

Jaguars and Lions are only meeting the second time ever tonight in the NFL preseason. Detroit defeated Jacksonville by the score of 19-3 played 19 years ago in the Jaguars inaugural season of play in the NFL at the Pontiac Silverdome back on August 10, 1995.

Both the Jaguars and Lions players compete for roster spots in game action tonight, as all NFL teams must reduce their rosters from 90, to 75 players by Tuesday afternoon.

NO injuries, and wish the Jaguars earn win #2 tonight.  GO JAGUARS!!!!!  :yes:    Smile       B)  :thumbsup:   ^_^
I could honestly care less if they win tonight, because it means nothing in preseason.  I would be much happier to see them lead at halftime knowing both teams starters were in at that point.  I want #1 for none of our players to get injured in the game, #2 to see progress, especially from the rookies as they take this valueable time to learn from the coaches against other teams, I want #3 to see us find a dang Center going into week 4 of preseason, I want #5 to see our #3 overall draft pick Blake Bortles light it up with the starters....

Readyyyy

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The refs letting the WR's run free is a bad idea.. they need to be hand checked or the game becomes arena football with a pricey ticket.

If (people) can't see with the way the NFL has been trending with all the new rules over the last X number of years that arena type football is exactly what Roger and his cronies want then you aren't paying attention. 

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 12:11 PM by David4499.)

Quote:If you can't see with the way the NFL has been trending with all the new rules over the last X number of years that arena type football is exactly what Roger and his cronies want then you aren't paying attention. 
Didn't say I couldn't see it.. just said that's what it's becoming... Thanks for trying to quote me, but you're really just putting words in my mouth that you are afraid to say yourself in fear of losing you 52k posts.....

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Didn't say I couldn't see it.. just said that's what it's becoming... Thanks for trying to quote me, but you're really just putting words in my mouth that you are afraid to say yourself in fear of losing you 52k posts.....

lolwut??? :wacko: 

I was more or less agreeing with you. I probably shouldn't have used "you" in the sentence though, as I meant it as "plural" or "figuratively" rather than verbatim. 

Quote:The Jags are on WKMG Local 6 in Orlando according to the affiliates list on the site. 
Thanks.

Quote:If (people) can't see with the way the NFL has been trending with all the new rules over the last X number of years that arena type football is exactly what Roger and his cronies want then you aren't paying attention.

Pretty soon tackling will be a penalty. Every play will basically be a 99 yard touchdown pass unless the WR drops it. Games will be a glorified 7 on 7 session. Defenses will only be on the field for the ad space sold on their uniforms. Fantasy football scores will be in the thousands.

Unfortunately I'm only half-joking.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:lolwut??? :wacko:

I was more or less agreeing with you. I probably shouldn't have used "you" in the sentence though, as I meant it as "plural" or "figuratively" rather than verbatim. 
Gotcha..... i'm human.... I make mistakes...

Anyone know if the game will be televised locally in Brunswick??