Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I know the feeling is to temper expectations but I'm not. Bortles will play well against Detroit.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 05:21 PM by Solid Snake.)

I loved this kid coming out of college and was certain it would be either Teddy or Bortles, especially after it was clear Clowney would be going 1st overall. With that said I think we may have gotten the steal of the draft. Bortles not only looks the part but from I have seen he plays the part. I already believe Bortles is a better QB right now than Henne. I think he will show us the same stuff he showed us the first two preseason games, in that he is a natural fit at the position, he's saavy, and has the utmost confidence in his ability to play.

Bortles will have a good game and will continue to wow us.

He'll give the coaches an even harder task regarding who starts day one. 

No tempering expectations from me. 

He's no Gabbert.

Go Jags. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd like to see us get in the endzone first

Quote:I'd like to see us get in the endzone first
c'mon you know Henne is the only one capable of that

I'm more ready to see how he plays under pressure from Detroit's D line. I know he can make throws, I just want to see him throwing under some pressure. And here's hoping Suh doesn't rip his head off
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Bortles needs to find the endzone to really make this interesting. Two scoring drives of TD/FG combination will go a long way. Counting the scrimmage, he's played well in three straight outings. Each task seemingly bigger than the last. If he does well against the ones, I'll jump on the "start Blake train"

Lions fan here. I wouldn't let Bortles play the first half with the starters if I was you. We creamed Carr last week, luckily he only ended up with a concussion, but everybody thought that he had his ribs smashed in.  Our Dline is out for blood since they have been labeled underachievers failing to match the hype the last two years. Now we have a blitz crazy DC, you should see some of Jason Jones playing inside and Suh rushing the edge. The Lions first string offense has been lights out so far, and that was without Calvin. Megatrons first action is against you guys, and he is angry from being treated with kid gloves during practice and being held out of the first two games. He intends he destroy you guys. Good luck.

We ain't scared, Lions fan! Bortles going to light it up like Snoop Dogg at Woodstock, son! But for real, we can't be afraid. I'd love to see Bortles under high pressure and see him fight through adversity. Plus, Carr is bad under pressure

Quote:Lions fan here. I wouldn't let Bortles play the first half with the starters if I was you. We creamed Carr last week, luckily he only ended up with a concussion, but everybody thought that he had his ribs smashed in. Our Dline is out for blood since they have been labeled underachievers failing to match the hype the last two years. Now we have a blitz crazy DC, you should see some of Jason Jones playing inside and Suh rushing the edge. The Lions first string offense has been lights out so far, and that was without Calvin. Megatrons first action is against you guys, and he is angry from being treated with kid gloves during practice and being held out of the first two games. He intends he destroy you guys. Good luck.

I pray to God Gus sees this before he leads the Jags out to slaughter!

Other than Suh there is nothing scary about the lions Dline.

Quote:Other than Suh there is nothing scary about the lions Dline.

Wrong! CJ Mosley is out for blood!

Quote:Other than Suh there is nothing scary about the lions Dline.

You don't know much about the Lions Dline then, or back 7 in general.

I would like to see you guys have a decent QB for a change. It is a honest suggestion, and i hope Bortles doesn't play while the first team is on the field. If he is on the field, with a little luck the defense will play extremely vanila and save everything for the start of the regular season.  If you have any hardcore Bortles lovers here who want him to get the start week one, put Henne in against us.

I have all confidence that he will outplay Henne 

I'll be at the game tomorrow right, I have seats for right behind the Jags sideline. I hope there isn't to much carnage for you guys.

Anyways, I wasn't going to say anything, but when I finally actually found some place on the internet that has active Jag fans, I figured I might as well. Good luck tomorrow, and may the bigger, superior cat win.

I didn't know we were playing the Seahawks tomorrow.  I thought we were playing the Detroit Lions who we're forced to watch lose on Thanksgiving year after year after year...

Quote:I didn't know we were playing the Seahawks tomorrow.  I thought we were playing the Detroit Lions who we're forced to watch lose on Thanksgiving year after year after year...

Obviously the Lions had a bad stretch of the Millen years, but the whoppin we put on last thanksgiving will be the new norm. But the state of our respective teams, nor the past, is what I wanted to comment on. I am not even sure the Lions will win tomorrow, perhaps your team will be like the Raiders and put your starters back in to play the 4th quarter against our 4th string guys, to ensure the victory. What I am saying is, I wouldn't let Bortles play against the Lions first team, and don't be surprised when Megatron and Golden Tate light you up for 300 yards in the first half.

Quote:I didn't know we were playing the Seahawks tomorrow. I thought we were playing the Detroit Lions who we're forced to watch lose on Thanksgiving year after year after year...

You don't enjoy watching Stafford throwing up a lob praying Calvin Johnson bails him out for the umpteenth time?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If Detroit runs the same defense they've run in the preseason then Bortles better do well considering how vanilla it has been.

Quote:Obviously the Lions had a bad stretch of the Millen years, but the whoppin we put on last thanksgiving will be the new norm. But the state of our respective teams, nor the past, is what I wanted to comment on. I am not even sure the Lions will win tomorrow, perhaps your team will be like the Raiders and put your starters back in to play the 4th quarter against our 4th string guys, to ensure the victory. What I am saying is, I wouldn't let Bortles play against the Lions first team, and don't be surprised when Megatron and Golden Tate light you up for 300 yards in the first half.

You better pray Cyprien and Guy doesn't light them up going across the middle.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I feel bad for Golden Tate.

Quote:Bortles needs to find the endzone to really make this interesting. Two scoring drives of TD/FG combination will go a long way. Counting the scrimmage, he's played well in three straight outings. Each task seemingly bigger than the last. If he does well against the ones, I'll jump on the "start Blake train"

If the team lets him throw some passes down near the red zone he probably will get a TD. Too much Del Zero style when the team gets into the red zone with Bortles in the game.