Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I know the feeling is to temper expectations but I'm not. Bortles will play well against Detroit.

Quote:I suspect the first few plays of Bortles being in will be runs, screens, and on the run passes on the outside. Get those big boys runnin' and tire em' out before having Bortles sit in front of the pain train.

I agree with this plan. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 01:11 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Obviously the Lions had a bad stretch of the Millen years, but the whoppin we put on last thanksgiving will be the new norm. But the state of our respective teams, nor the past, is what I wanted to comment on. I am not even sure the Lions will win tomorrow, perhaps your team will be like the Raiders and put your starters back in to play the 4th quarter against our 4th string guys, to ensure the victory. What I am saying is, I wouldn't let Bortles play against the Lions first team, and don't be surprised when Megatron and Golden Tate light you up for 300 yards in the first half.
Considering we are ranked better offensively and defensively than the Lions this preseason so far and have one of the better pass blocking olines... (Surprisingly) I'm not worried.

On the OL:

"Though it is preseason, which means the starters haven't played a ton, the Jaguars currently are in the top half of the NFL for pass protection grades according to Pro Football Focus. More specifically, they're ranked best overall cumulatively. If you pay attention during the games, it's clear to see the pass protection has been leaky a handful of times, but for the most part hasn't been an issue."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/19/6046397/jaguars-offensive-line-issues-pass-protection'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/19/6046397/jaguars-offensive-line-issues-pass-protection</a>
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Considering we are ranked better offensively and defensively than the Lions this preseason so far and have one of the better pass blocking olines... (Surprisingly) I'm not worried.

On the OL:

"Though it is preseason, which means the starters haven't played a ton, the Jaguars currently are in the top half of the NFL for pass protection grades according to Pro Football Focus. More specifically, they're ranked best overall cumulatively. If you pay attention during the games, it's clear to see the pass protection has been leaky a handful of times, but for the most part hasn't been an issue."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/19/6046397/jaguars-offensive-line-issues-pass-protection'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/19/6046397/jaguars-offensive-line-issues-pass-protection</a>
it hasent been our pass blocking that's been terrible its been out run blocking.

Quote:Wrong! CJ Mosley is out for blood!

We had CJ for a while, you know, when we REALLY sucked.  Nice guy.

Quote:it hasent been our pass blocking that's been terrible its been out run blocking.

Oh I know. Just adding that because he seemed so sure if we put Bortles in he'll get murdered.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 11:45 PM by jagboss.)

Quote:Lions fan here. I wouldn't let Bortles play the first half with the starters if I was you. We creamed Carr last week, luckily he only ended up with a concussion, but everybody thought that he had his ribs smashed in.  Our Dline is out for blood since they have been labeled underachievers failing to match the hype the last two years. Now we have a blitz crazy DC, you should see some of Jason Jones playing inside and Suh rushing the edge. The Lions first string offense has been lights out so far, and that was without Calvin. Megatrons first action is against you guys, and he is angry from being treated with kid gloves during practice and being held out of the first two games. He intends he destroy you guys. Good luck.

Lion's defensive front was good tonight,but Bortles did well against them the last 2 minutes of the half.With the Lions corners being below average,Blake would of carved them up during a real game

Quote:You don't know much about the Lions Dline then, or back 7 in general.

I would like to see you guys have a decent QB for a change. It is a honest suggestion, and i hope Bortles doesn't play while the first team is on the field. If he is on the field, with a little luck the defense will play extremely vanila and save everything for the start of the regular season.  If you have any hardcore Bortles lovers here who want him to get the start week one, put Henne in against us.
Doubt we ever see him again. Blake scared? He didn't look scared to me, how about you? Several long passes again, and his first TD. GO BLAKE and GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC