Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jax Jaguars Season Preview: Moving Up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Noticed this yesterday and almost posted it. It is a good (if a bit brief)  summary of how the team is progressing.  

Here's hoping Winston Guy lives up to the praise.  I have a good feeling about him, but don't have very high expectations.  Maybe the pressure up front will help make him a "playmaker."

I like the 2nd place in AFCS prediction as well. 

I pretty much just want to see improvement overall.

Besides winning more games, I would like to see some "quality" wins, as in beating a playoff caliber team.

Also, if/when the Jaguars lose, make it a "quality loss".  By that I mean, lose by no more than a touchdown and keep games close, especially against a playoff caliber team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I pretty much just want to see improvement overall.

Besides winning more games, I would like to see some "quality" wins, as in beating a playoff caliber team.

Also, if/when the Jaguars lose, make it a "quality loss".  By that I mean, lose by no more than a touchdown and keep games close, especially against a playoff caliber team.
I'd settle for more wins and less blowouts, but it never hurts to dream.  Smile

i think we are gonna be much better than everyone thinks we will be. but maybe thats just the fan in me.

Quote:i think we are gonna be much better than everyone thinks we will be. but maybe thats just the fan in me.
Nothing wrong with that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:i think we are gonna be much better than everyone thinks we will be. but maybe thats just the fan in me.

Maybe a little bit but that's fine. I think we'll be better than the early predictions of 2 and 3 wins too.  If they can challenge for 8 wins and are showing improvement along the way, I'll feel pretty happy.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Bold prediction: We take the AFC South in 2015. This year, we grow.

Am I incorrect in recalling a lot being made of Blake's somewhat just serviceable arm? Has mechanics really helped to the point that the write up actually refers to him having a laser rocket arm? The strides he's made in such a short time is incredible.

That dude is hyped about Blake. It still feels too good to be true.
Huh

Quote:Am I incorrect in recalling a lot being made of Blake's somewhat just serviceable arm? Has mechanics really helped to the point that the write up actually refers to him having a laser rocket arm? The strides he's made in such a short time is incredible.
It really is. All the throws I saw him make in college were very wobbly and ugly. Now, he throws strikes and "pretty spirals". I remember reading on this board that the wobbly passes he made in his first TX practice bothered a certain few, which was under a month ago. Seems like he's improved that much in less than a month. Keep it going Bortles!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:It really is. All the throws I saw him make in college were very wobbly and ugly. Now, he throws strikes and "pretty spirals". I remember reading on this board that the wobbly passes he made in his first TX practice bothered a certain few, which was under a month ago. Seems like he's improved that much in less than a month. Keep it going Bortles!
I think a lot of credit needs to go to our coaching staff, wow, having a coaching staff that can develop talent, (hey Jack this is what it looks like)
A good loser is a good loser

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 06:42 AM by JagFox1.)

Here's another preview from cbs.  Sorry f it's already been posted.  Click video on the right of the page.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker...22_JAC@DET

Quote:Noticed this yesterday and almost posted it. It is a good (if a bit brief) summary of how the team is progressing.

Here's hoping Winston Guy lives up to the praise. I have a good feeling about him, but don't have very high expectations. Maybe the pressure up front will help make him a "playmaker."

I like the 2nd place in AFCS prediction as well.
I like Guy, but he'll take some bad penalties(late hits). We saw it again against Chicago and I remember at least a couple from last year. If he can clean that up, I have no issues with Guy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Maybe a little bit but that's fine. I think we'll be better than the early predictions of 2 and 3 wins too.  If they can challenge for 8 wins and are showing improvement along the way, I'll feel pretty happy.

Yeah, I remember seeing somebody predicting last years Jags were going to go 0-16 for the season and Jeff Prosser going off on them on his morning radio show.

I have to admit, it sure looked possible after the first 8 games of the season, but luckily the Jags turned that around in the 2nd half and some how, some way found 4 wins, thanks mostly to the Texans tanking for TB.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Maybe a little bit but that's fine. I think we'll be better than the early predictions of 2 and 3 wins too.  If they can challenge for 8 wins and are showing improvement along the way, I'll feel pretty happy.
8 wins would be complete validation of what Caldwell and Bradley are doing here.  Anything more than that would be incredible. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I think 7-8 wins is definitely possible. Also, will alot of them coming in the second half of the season. Giving the team momentum going into 2015.

Quote:8 wins would be complete validation of what Caldwell and Bradley are doing here.  Anything more than that would be incredible. 
8 wins would be great...

and would fall into my sig prediction

I'd be a pretty happy camper.

Quote:8 wins would be complete validation of what Caldwell and Bradley are doing here.  Anything more than that would be incredible. 

Agreed.  It is interesting that every since preseason you don't see anyone saying 2-3 wins anymore which tells me people are understanding the progress that's being made.  Just hope people aren't getting *too* optimistic.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ll-bortles

Nice little article on NFL.com predicting us to finish second in the AFC South. Also, hits on the improvement of Robinson, Cyprien and Winston Guy whom are all expected to be big playmakers this season.