Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jax Jaguars Season Preview: Moving Up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My bad

Quote:i think we are gonna be much better than everyone thinks we will be. but maybe thats just the fan in me.

The fan in me will do nearly anything, and as for compensation, all I want is a ring

I think the jags are goin to surprise everyone this year--even us fans.

I think the Jags will win 6 games this season. 

Will that be enough for 2nd place in the AFCS? I hope not. 

With a win total of 6, I'd rather finish in last and benefit from a easy schedule next year. 

That said, I would certainly prefer finishing 2nd in the division this season with a record of say 9+ wins over finishing last with 6 wins....so....

Quote:I think the Jags will win 6 games this season.

With a win total of 6, I'd rather finish in last and benefit from a easy schedule next year.

That said, I would certainly prefer finishing 2nd in the division this season with a record of say 9+ wins over finishing last with 6 wins....so....

I find it odd that you want them to finish last so they will get the easier schedule. You always seem to criticize our players when they play good against bad teams.

Quote:I find it odd that you want them to finish last so they will get the easier schedule. You always seem to criticize our players when they play good against bad teams.

That's how his shtick works.
;

;

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 03:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I find it odd that you want them to finish last so they will get the easier schedule. You always seem to criticize our players when they play good against bad teams.

I criticize players who only seem to play well against bad teams. 

We have other players that play well vs both good and bad competition. 

The easier schedule (in that case) would be beneficial to our chances in 2015 when I expect the win total to rise significantly. 

Not sure what you find odd about that. 

Quote:I criticize players who only seem to play well against bad teams. 

We have other players that play well vs both good and bad competition. 

The easier schedule (in that case) would be beneficial to our chances in 2015 when I expect the win total to rise significantly. 

Not sure what you find odd about that. 

Maybe they can become that years 2013 Chiefs, who went 9-0 to start the season, and the only team they played without a losing record was the Jags, with a record of 0-0 to open the season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I think the Jags will win 6 games this season. 

First of all, I don't buy in to the whole "easy schedule" thing.  Houston was last in the division last year, and I certainly wouldn't call their schedule this season "easy".

Second, I would rather see them play against quality opponents.  In my mind, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:That's how his shtick works.
Bingo.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:With a win total of 6, I'd rather finish in last and benefit from a easy schedule next year. 

You do realize that the difference between an 'easy' schedule and any other possible schedule is only two games. And there's no guarantee than the division losers in 2014 won't be much better in 2015. Do the Bills benefit this year by playing the tinhorns rather than the tacks?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:You do realize that the difference between an 'easy' schedule and any other possible schedule is only two games. And there's no guarantee than the division losers in 2014 won't be much better in 2015. Do the Bills benefit this year by playing the tinhorns rather than the tacks?

While that is a good point, I'd say situations like the 2014 Texans and 2012 Colts are unusual. Most of the time, getting the last place team on your schedule from the year prior is a benefit, not a curse.