Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where will Jim Harbaugh be coaching in 2015?

IMO, its pretty obvious that he's mailed in this season and I expect he and the Niners to part ways at seasons end...

So, any guesses to where he'll end up? 

I'm glad that Tennessee and Houston have new coaches this season, so the chances of him landing at either spot is minimal. 

The Colts scare me as a potential destination because of Andrew Luck and Harbaugh's ties there....along with the fact that I don't think Pagano is all that great of a head coach and I could see them doing anything from winning it all this season to going belly up and cleaning house at seasons end. Harbaugh would probably be a lock for them if they do have a bad year this season. 

Personally, I am hoping that he winds up in Dallas. I could see the Cowboys missing out on the playoffs again this year and Jerry finally pulling the plug on that bum, Garrett. The Cowboys desperately need someone like Harbaugh to come in there and fix that franchise. Maybe Jerry will finally wise up enough to put his ego aside and see that "his" way isn't working and if he wants to see another SB before he passes, that he needs to let someone else whos legit and qualified to run the show. Harbaugh would be that. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Another possibility is with the Raiders,  assuming that they will be playing somewhere in California.    If Mark Davis cleans house,  he's probably going to want to make a big splash.    Whether the Raiders are in Oakland or back in Los Angeles,  Jim Harbaugh would provide the team with much needed positive publicity after over a decade of struggling.  

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 12:12 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

I think he'll remain in San Fran.  But if he does go elsewhere, I imagine Cleveland will want to swipe him up faster than you can say "Manziel"

Also I think that Jerry Jones will never see that his way isn't working.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think he'll remain in San Fran.  But if he does go elsewhere, I imagine Cleveland will want to swipe him up faster than you can say "Manziel"

Also I think that Jerry Jones will never see that his way isn't working.

Cleveland?....I don't see Harbaugh coaching in Cleveland. Its a [BLEEP] hole. 

Why do you think he's mailed it in?  WHy do you think he's going to get fired?  Isn't he 50% in the championship the last two years?  Isn't that good enough for a couple years of mediocraty?

s
;

;

Quote:Why do you think he's mailed it in?  WHy do you think he's going to get fired?  Isn't he 50% in the championship the last two years?  Isn't that good enough for a couple years of mediocraty?

Clashing with GM/ ownership. 

I never said he was leaving via merit. He's obviously done a great job. SF would be nuts to let him leave. 

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 10:44 AM by BasshunterX.)

My money is the Jets, Cowboys, or Falcons. I expect cowboys. Im sure Jerry will drive an armored vehicle up there if he has to.

Another thing to keep in mind is Jim will have his pick of the litter and as such draft position may come into play with a couple good QB prospects coming out.

Quote:My money is the Jets, Cowboys, or Falcons. I expect cowboys. Im sure Jerry will drive an armored vehicle up there if he has to.

Another thing to keep in mind is Jim will have his pick of the litter and as such draft position may come into play with a couple good QB prospects coming out.

Yep, another reason why the Cowboys would make sense. 

Why would they get rid of a good coach when they are hard to find. If the coach and the GM are at odds I would think they would get rid of the GM first(I mean he did give a 6th for Gabbert). :teehee: :teehee:

Quote:Why would they get rid of a good coach when they are hard to find. If the coach and the GM are at odds I would think they would get rid of the GM first(I mean he did give a 6th for Gabbert). :teehee: :teehee:

Its also ownership that I think has some issues with Harbaugh, too. 

If his issues with dealing with the 49ers FO/ownership is that bad, can't imagine that working in Dallas.

Quote:If his issues with dealing with the 49ers FO/ownership is that bad, can't imagine that working in Dallas.

Exactly.

Harbaugh will want full control of the team. He won't get that opportunity in Dallas.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:My money is the Jets, Cowboys, or Falcons. I expect cowboys. Im sure Jerry will drive an armored vehicle up there if he has to.

In which case the Cowboys wouldn't make a lick of sense because Jim wouldn't be making the draft decisions.  The groper would be. 

I don't think the Falcons is an option.  I don't see Mike Smith isn't going anywhere any time soon.

The Jets are a possibility because at some point they're going to move on from Captain Foot Fetish. 

Another possible landing spot could be Carolina.  If they don't take the next step this year, that could become a vacancy with an attractive QB option. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Was there some specific thing that made this topic pop up?

I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh wore out his welcome and moved on, but I don't know of any specific thing that has occurred that makes it seem more plausible now.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Was there some specific thing that made this topic pop up?

I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh wore out his welcome and moved on, but I don't know of any specific thing that has occurred that makes it seem more plausible now.

Of course.  A random thought popped up in the head of the OP. 

There have been discussions elsewhere that Harbaugh could be on his way out in SF because of differences with the owner that lead to rumors earlier this year that he was nearly part of a trade deal with the Browns. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:...

There have been discussions elsewhere that Harbaugh could be on his way out in SF because of differences with the owner that lead to rumors earlier this year that he was nearly part of a trade deal with the Browns. 

I remember those trade rumors but that was months ago, I figured it was simply hot air. I can't imagine a guy like that being able to stick around any one place for too long without eventually butting heads with someone in charge.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I remember those trade rumors but that was months ago, I figured it was simply hot air. I can't imagine a guy like that being able to stick around any one place for too long without eventually butting heads with someone in charge.
Haslam confirmed there were discussions while everyone in SF denied it.  There's no reason for him to confirm it if it wasn't true. 

Harbaugh is a great coach, but he's also a little bit of a head case, so I agree, at some point he'd wear out his welcome. 

Quote:In which case the Cowboys wouldn't make a lick of sense because Jim wouldn't be making the draft decisions.  The groper would be. 

I don't think the Falcons is an option.  I don't see Mike Smith isn't going anywhere any time soon.

The Jets are a possibility because at some point they're going to move on from Captain Foot Fetish. 

Another possible landing spot could be Carolina.  If they don't take the next step this year, that could become a vacancy with an attractive QB option. 

I would be very surprised if Richardson (Carolina) would pony up the necessary dollars it would take to hire Harbaugh. 

Quote:I would be very surprised if Richardson (Carolina) would pony up the necessary dollars it would take to hire Harbaugh. 

But you think Blank would in Atlanta? 

I don't think money would be an issue if Carolina winds up looking for a new coach unless a team like the Jets is in the mix as well. 

Quote:Haslam confirmed there were discussions while everyone in SF denied it.  There's no reason for him to confirm it if it wasn't true. 

Harbaugh is a great coach, but he's also a little bit of a head case, so I agree, at some point he'd wear out his welcome. 

For some reason - maybe it's the Federal Indictment, I'm not sure - I don't really trust most things that come out of Haslam's mouth. I can't imagine why he would make it up, but neither am I going to take what he says at face value. I could dig deeper into the situation but I don't think it interests me all that much.

I think Harbaugh and Singletary should co Head Coach the Raiders. And go on Hard Knocks every season.