Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns' Gordon

Why are they even playing him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Because he's appealing his suspension.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Because he's appealing his suspension.
And I'm running for president

Browns fans have this false sense of hope that he might actually play this year.

Quote:And I'm running for president
Good for you.

I'm fairly certain I won't vote for you, but I'm just as sure Gordon is still appealing his suspension. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Gordon is going to get at most a reduced sentence....at best he might get the entire thing dismissed. So why not play him?

Quote:Gordon is going to get at most a reduced sentence....at best he might get the entire thing dismissed. So why not play him?
I agree. If he would have been suspended the whole year it would've happened by now. Gordon is too valuable to the nfl

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 08:12 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Gordon is going to get at most a reduced sentence....at best he might get the entire thing dismissed. So why not play him?

Because he's bound to be out at least half the season and the Browns aren't stacked with WRs. Might as well get reps for someone who can actually get on the field.

I'll be shocked if it's not the whole season after all the crap he's done.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 09:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I agree. If he would have been suspended the whole year it would've happened by now. Gordon is too valuable to the nfl

Yep, the NFL wants Johnny Alcohol Bird Flipper to have his weapons to give him a better chance to succeed so Gordon will play at some point this season, at the least. 

Quote:Because he's bound to be out at least half the season and the Browns aren't stacked with WRs. Might as well get reps for someone who can actually get on the field.

I'll be shocked if it's not the whole season after all the crap he's done.

It should be a suspension for the whole season but it won't be. Wait & watch. 

Zero chance he gets nothing
;

;

Quote:Zero chance he gets nothing
I'd have to say there's a better chance he gets nothing than being suspended the entire year. I'm thinking it will be 4 or 8 games

So? Play him. Have a QB carousel . Get the timing with WRs down. But the main WR will be suspended.

Helllllloooo Cleveland
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I'd have to say there's a better chance he gets nothing than being suspended the entire year. I'm thinking it will be 4 or 8 games

Based on what?

;

;

I may be wrong but this suspension/appeal is for the marijuana charge. Even if he gets reduced suspension or none, Doesn't he have two DUI arrest that came after the initial infraction that he could be facing suspension for. That would be his 3rd and 4th strike wouldn't it?

Quote:Zero chance he gets nothing
Exactly.  He's not walking away free and clear, especially with the additional legal issues that have occurred during the off season. 

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 12:57 PM by Predator.)

Quote:I may be wrong but this suspension/appeal is for the marijuana charge. Even if he gets reduced suspension or none, Doesn't he have two DUI arrest that came after the initial infraction that he could be facing suspension for. That would be his 3rd and 4th strike wouldn't it?
1 DUI. I think what people are confusing as the 2nd DUI was an incident where he got pulled over for speeding and his passenger got arrested for possessing weed. In that case, he ended up with only a speeding ticket although it made him look bad.

DUIs and failing drug tests are considered two separate types of infractions.

Getting a DUI doesn't count in the progression of failing drug tests. It's a conduct violation and falls under separate disciplinary action.

Quote:Exactly.  He's not walking away free and clear, especially with the additional legal issues that have occurred during the off season. 
The drug test suspension appeal will most likely be an all or nothing type thing. They will either consider him in violation of the drug policy and give him the full suspension or they will rule the test's parameters do not comply with the policy of not suspending NFL players for second hand smoke and consider him as passing the drug test.

Either way, he will still be facing disciplinary action for the DUI regardless of the outcome of his appeal because they are considered two separate types of violations.

Quote:The drug test suspension appeal will most likely be an all or nothing type thing. They will either consider him in violation of the drug policy and give him the full suspension or they will rule the test's parameters do not comply with the policy of not suspending NFL players for second hand smoke and consider him as passing the drug test.

Either way, he will still be facing disciplinary action for the DUI regardless of the outcome of his appeal because they are considered two separate types of violations.

I would expect him to serve some sort of suspension this year.  Either it's a full season, or it's something less.  With the DUI, the commissioner has some latitude to determine the severity of the penalty. 

Quote:Based on what?

Based on the fact that this appeal has been going on way longer than expected. If this was any average player they would've been suspended a full season way before now.

Quote:Based on the fact that this appeal has been going on way longer than expected. If this was any average player they would've been suspended a full season way before now.
I haven't paid close attention to this appeal process for Gordon, but who is reviewing the appeal?  Goodell?  Based on the situation where you've got conflicting samples, I would expect to see him or whoever is reviewing this to rule in favor of Gordon.  The DUI?  I would expect to see him come down with a heavy hand.