Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns' Gordon

Quote:I would expect him to serve some sort of suspension this year.  Either it's a full season, or it's something less.  With the DUI, the commissioner has some latitude to determine the severity of the penalty. 
The DUI alone pretty much insures he will receive some sort of disciplinary action this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The DUI alone pretty much insures he will receive some sort of disciplinary action this year.

That's my point.  As others have pointed out, the failed drug test is really an all or nothing situation, and I would expect that to go his way, but that doesn't get him off the hook.  He's going to miss time, and based on his track record, I would expect the commissioner to push for a longer suspension than 4 games. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That's my point.  As others have pointed out, the failed drug test is really an all or nothing situation, and I would expect that to go his way, but that doesn't get him off the hook.  He's going to miss time, and based on his track record, I would expect the commissioner to push for a longer suspension than 4 games. 
He will hit him even harder if he loses the appeal because that would give him an even bigger track record. He could be out 2 seasons before reinstatement.

If he wins the appeal, it will still be considered getting a DUI while in the intervention stage. Probably 6-8 games.

Quote:He will hit him even harder if he loses the appeal because that would give him an even bigger track record. He could be out 2 seasons before reinstatement.

If he wins the appeal, it will still be considered getting a DUI while in the intervention stage. Probably 6-8 games.
At least. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:At least. 
Hardly scott free as some tried to contend.

Quote:Hardly scott free as some tried to contend.
Some have a need to spin this up as some sort of conspiracy against the Jaguars.  It's what they do. 

Quote:Good for you.

I'm fairly certain I won't vote for you, but I'm just as sure Gordon is still appealing his suspension. 
(Tangential question:  Does regular posting on Jaguars.com automatically disqualify one from public office?)

Am I wrong for hoping either Gordon's suspension is for the year, or that Blackmon's suspension is only 8 games as well?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:(Tangential question:  Does regular posting on Jaguars.com automatically disqualify one from public office?)

Am I wrong for hoping either Gordon's suspension is for the year, or that Blackmon's suspension is only 8 games as well?

Only if people know your true identity. 

There's nothing wrong with either position, but in the end, I think it's reversed and Blackmon doesn't see the field in 14 while Gordon does. 

As long as he gets 8 weeks I am ok with it.