Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alan Ball ?

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 09:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I haven't seen anyone on here talk about his play last night.  I know he started and I don't remember any balls even thrown his way.  Last year he was one of the top rated corners in the league and the best player in our secondary.  He missed all of training camp but last night it looked like he picked off right where he left off from last year with his stellar play.  thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly, I didn't even know he played. That's definitely a positive. 

Quote:Honestly, I didn't even know he played. That's definitely a positive. 
Yeah he started

Quote:Honestly, I didn't even know he played. That's definitely a positive.
What he said.

I thought he was still injured. Was he covering Alshon Jeffery? I'll have to re-watch the game
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:What he said.

I thought he was still injured. Was he covering Alshon Jeffery? I'll have to re-watch the game
He plays right corner, so whoever lines up on that side

Apparently he played... thats good news however you look at it.

No pain, no gain.

I think he may have only played the first two or three series. McCray took over after that IIRC. 

Quote:I think he may have only played the first two or three series. McCray took over after that IIRC.

Yeah, he started but he didn't play very long at all.

Quote:Yeah, he started but he didn't play very long at all.
Alan Ball is a nice player.  I remember when Dallas tried to experiement with him at safety, they flip flopped him around a bit.  Nice to see he has settled in and found his spot here in Jacksonville.  Hope he is resigned.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 09:46 AM by GOATles.)

It's curious because Caldwell said he pictures Colvin as a starter next year IIRC. I wonder what that means for Ball if he's playing as well as most of us think. Maybe by start he meant in a nickel role? It's a good problem to have nonetheless. 

^How does gOATles get banned in 5 posts lol

Quote:It's curious because Caldwell said he pictures Colvin as a starter next year IIRC. I wonder what that means for Ball if he's playing as well as most of us think. Maybe by start he meant in a nickel role? It's a good problem to have nonetheless. 
I think if Ball plays like he did last year or better he will get an extension

Quote:Alan Ball is a nice player.  I remember when Dallas tried to experiement with him at safety, they flip flopped him around a bit.  Nice to see he has settled in and found his spot here in Jacksonville.  Hope he is resigned.

Not many of us expected much when the team signed him, but I thought he was the most steady player in the secondary last year. He picked up the scheme and ran with it from day 1.

Quote:^How does gOATles get banned in 5 posts lol
He squeezed the Charmin?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.