Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Mallet may not make the Patriots

Per rotoworld:

Quote:Ryan Mallett may not make the Patriots

Ryan Mallett | NE

(August 15, 2014 9:32 AM EDT)

The Boston Globe reports there has been "increasing talk" that the Patriots may keep only two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster.

That would leave Ryan Mallett as the odd man out. Just last week, NFL Network's Mike Mayock dubbed Mallett a starting-caliber quarterback in the NFL. Mallett then struggled badly in the preseason opener, completing 5-of-12 passes for 55 yards and showing shockingly poor timing and accuracy. The Patriots may try to "showcase" Mallett for a potential trade again this week, but it appears second-round rookie Jimmy Garoppolo is ahead of him to be Tom Brady's caddy.

SOURCE: 

BOSTON GLOBE

Ha.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should trade our 2nd round pick next year for him, right TMD?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Per rotoworld:

Ha.

What an incredible opportunity for us to pick up a future hall of famer!

Awesome QB evaluation....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Again, he's not part of their plans.  That should have been clear from their drafting Garoppolo.

Now wouldn't it be something if he's cut, and doesn't even muster a Gabbert level trade (much less a ham sandwich...)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I think he will still end up in Houston and it will cost them at most a 7th rounder. Its an upgrade from what they have so why not take the chance.

Quote:I think he will still end up in Houston and it will cost them at most a 7th rounder. Its an upgrade from what they have so why not take the chance.

You don't trade for a starting QB at this point. If they were going to trade for him they would have already done it so he could actually be ready to go for the start of the season.

Quote:What an incredible opportunity for us to pick up a future hall of famer!
How is Gabbert doing?

Fitzpatrick > Mallet

Huh

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 11:48 AM by Haterade.)

Derailed but who cares about discussing a cokehead anyways?

Just because a guy sit in the same meeting room with Tom Brady for three years doesn't mean he will be the next Aaron Rodgers.

Quote:We should trade our 2nd round pick next year for him, right TMD?

For TMD, its all about value, the same way he insists that even after the draft, that teddy at 3 would have been good value...

We should trade next years first for mallett, because a franchise QB is worth it.

Hahahhahaahah
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Wow, pretty pathetic. Can't keep it to football? You have to bring totally classless remarks about someone else's mother that you don't even know.

That's about as low as you get and probably means for some sort of ban.

At the least you should apologize like a man.

All of the Gabbert-calling is meant in a personal way toward me, and trunt's a long timer in that department.

I normally wouldn't stoop to his level, but it was good for a laugh today.

Also, lighten up, Francis.

Garoppolo is head and shoulders better than mallett.

How good he has been with this little time with the pats is an indirect display of how inept mallett is. There is no argument anymore.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Garoppolo is head and shoulders better than mallett.

How good he has been with this little time with the pats is an indirect display of how inept mallett is. There is no argument anymore.

But I thought Mallett was worth a second rounder???

Quote:But I thought Mallett was worth a second rounder???

I'll be anxiously awaiting his retort in defense of mallett.

And honestly I'm just hands down impressed with garoppolo. That was a really good pick by the patriots.

Smart move and looks like a steal. That last TD almost didn't happen but perfect ball placement.

I don't expect mallett to make the team. If they only carry 2, he's gone.

Garoppolo looks good but...There's just a tiny bit of Gabbert in him under pressure, just saw some on that TD he threw...

Nice to see Garoppolo playing well. If they only keep 2 Edelman can be their emergency QB

TMD does not know how to evaluate talent.