Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles getting lots of love

Per rotoworld:

Quote:QB Battle? Bortles shines in relief of Henne

Blake Bortles | JAC

(August 14, 2014 10:47 PM EDT)

Blake Bortles shined in Thursday's preseason game against the Bears, completing 11-of-17 passes for 160 yards.

Originally expected to enter the game after halftime, Bortles checked in with 3:35 left in the first half, leading the Jags on a 45-yard field goal drive. With the obvious disclaimer that he faced second and third teamers, Bortles looked better than any rookie quarterback has this preseason, making stick throws on the run while dropping dimes in traffic. Unlike the Jags' last rookie quarterback, Bortles was calm in the pocket, and scrambled to extend plays, not avoid hits. Chad Henne has played perfectly fine this preseason, but Bortles has looked every bit his draft pedigree. The Jags have insisted Bortles will redshirt all season, but sooner rather than later, there's going to be a controversy.

I sense a man crush. Also not so subtle shot at Gabbert.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jaworski just called him high end.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

UDFA Hurns is starting. Makes me wonder who is closing out these games

What a magical problem we now have, I can't stop smiling about it
A good loser is a good loser

Bortles >>>>>>>> Teddy
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

i know they wanna let him sit, but i think they need to strongly reconsider. it's not like henne truly gives you a better chance to win. i'll give him his credit for today, as he did better than i thought he would. but he didn't really impress me. on the other hand, when bortles ws out there, i was genuinely excited. he looked better than henne, despite similar type numbers. even on some of the incompletions he actually threw really great balls. start him next game to see how he looks against ones. 

If that bootleg from the endzone was inbounds...

Bortles is going to be a star. You can tell by everything he does even if it is against backups. The check off long pass was a thing of beauty. Better than any Luck pass his rookie year. I mean that!

Just wow!!! I really did not think he would be this good this fast. He still has not got in the end zone yet.

Quote:If that bootleg from the endzone was inbounds...

I think they should have challenged that. That's a throw Henne wouldn't make even in Madden.

Remember that pass that  Gruden hated,wow,what a throw

Quote:I think they should have challenged that. That's a throw Henne wouldn't make even in Madden.

There's no doubt that Henne is maddening at times, but at least tonight he actually played pretty good, esp for Henne.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:If that bootleg from the endzone was inbounds...
amazing pass,I had to laugh.So not used to this

Quote:There's no doubt that Henne is maddening at times, but at least tonight he actually played pretty good, esp for Henne.
Not sure if he had any batted passes

Quote:There's no doubt that Henne is maddening at times, but at least tonight he actually played pretty good, esp for Henne.

Henne looked good tonight no doubt. But in regards to the throw Blake made on that particular play, Henne never would've attempted it. He would've just thrown it away.

Quote:Not sure if he had any batted passes

I don't remember a single one tonight, although he did play less than 1 half of football.

I have faith in whatever the front office decides. They've completely re-stocked this roster with decent talent in just a little over two years.

They were the ones that selected Bortles with the third pick, while a lot of us disagreed with the choice at the time.  These guys know what they're doing.

Quote:I don't remember a single one tonight, although he did play less than 1 half of football.
I didn't see any batted balls

Hopefully that'll change. The night is young after all

I know I am very impressed by what I have seen from BB so far this preseason.

To me he looks better than Henne (albeit against mostly the 2's) and he even looks better in a game than he does in practice.

Those are very goods signs to me.

Quote:I didn't see any batted balls

Hopefully that'll change. The night is young after all

Oh Dear

i havent been this excited about a QB in JAX in forever. i remember thinking "Why?" when we picked gabbert. when we picked Blake, sure i wanted Johnny Football, but then i watched some games and highlights. i changed my mind real fast. i don't think sitting him is gonna do much good. there was a discussion about how sitting him now is not the same as sitting him before the new deal was made. now he won't get many reps in practice, making sitting him moot. put the kid with the ones and see where it goes.