Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles getting lots of love

Bortles will be elite. Caldwell is taking us to the ship.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Henne looked good tonight no doubt. But in regards to the throw Blake made on that particular play, Henne never would've attempted it. He would've just thrown it away.

The funny thing about that play was Gruden said it was a dumb decision. 

What the hell is Gruden smoking?  That was one of the best passes I have seen from a Jag QB in a long time. 

Quote:The funny thing about that play was Gruden said it was a dumb decision. 

What the hell is Gruden smoking?  That was one of the best passes I have seen from a Jag QB in a long time. 

Tirico set him straight and had him laughing by the end of that drive.

Quote:The funny thing about that play was Gruden said it was a dumb decision.

What the hell is Gruden smoking? That was one of the best passes I have seen from a Jag QB in a long time.

Agree.

Gruden even back tracked after watching the replay.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Has anyone seen the replay on that, that was sure close, the throw was remarkable
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:Has anyone seen the replay on that, that was sure close, the throw was remarkable
With that throw, plus other throws he made tonight and last week, it seems to me he can make any nfl throw, in tight windows.

He's slowly starting to get the mental part of being an nfl qb. I loved the pump fake and throw to Taylor. It's going to be really difficult to stick to that plan, especially if they do let him get time with the ones and he stays consistent and performs well.
No commercial messages in sigs

My eyes widened and I yelled an expressive DAYum after that pass.... It was a thing of beauty....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

The pass to Brown after rolling to his right was an absolute bullet

Did you yeah Borles after the game? "Yeah I did ok but I need to correct a lot of things and get better" I love how humble this kid is.

Quote:Did you yeah Borles after the game? "Yeah I did ok but I need to correct a lot of things and get better" I love how humble this kid is.
Makings of an elite qb.
No commercial messages in sigs

Ucf vs Louisville is on now. I'm watching old school Bortles. You can see he's made a big jump already from his college days.

Blake Bortles looks like he has the tools to be a big time NFL QB as he gains experience and exposure.    He has all the physical tools,  throws a catchable ball,  and is accurate.  Including on the run.   While I don't want to make too much of the pre-season,  it's easy to see what Dave Caldwell and co. saw in Bortles when scouting him.  

Quote:Per rotoworld:

I sense a man crush. Also not so subtle shot at Gabbert.

MAN LUV IN FULL EFFECT...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I've said this from "Day One"...

BB5 takes a back seat to No One...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Any body have video of that pass that Gruden said was a bad decision?

It's a great selection problem to have but I hope that the coaching staff have the courage to stick to their plan and make sure that when Bortles does start he is the finished article.

We appear to have a great prospect on our hands - so lets make the best we possibly can of him.

Also...  I love this  !

Teenage Mutant Ninja Bortles !   That HAS to be made into a chant !

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/14/6...ja-bortles

I think the important thing to remember is that Gus has preached "consistency" as the thing they needed to see from bortles. So far, he has been more consistent than henne. If henne goes out and craps the bed next week, you basically have 1 good game out of 4 samples (counting the scrimmage). I think next week will be more important than people think. Let's not forget Byron v. Garrard.

Quote:i havent been this excited about a QB in JAX in forever. i remember thinking "Why?" when we picked gabbert. when we picked Blake, sure i wanted Johnny Football, but then i watched some games and highlights. i changed my mind real fast. i don't think sitting him is gonna do much good. there was a discussion about how sitting him now is not the same as sitting him before the new deal was made. now he won't get many reps in practice, making sitting him moot. put the kid with the ones and see where it goes.

Yea when they pointed that out in the pregame it did give me pause. just how much can he really develop on the bench?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

From PFT...

"Bortlesmania!"

Classic!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...the-bench/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This from CBS Sports...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...sion-tough

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal'><span>gregg rosenthal </span> @<b>greggrosenthal</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal' title="Follow gregg rosenthal on Twitter">Follow</a>

<p class="">If Manziel was having the preseason Bortles is having, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nflnetwork'>@<b>nflnetwork</b></a> would have canceled the rest of our programming for the month.

<div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/statuses/500101879821398016'>10:09 PM - 14 Aug 2014</a>
</div>

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!