Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles getting lots of love

Quote:And I FULLY UNDERSTAND Henne played well, but he does this. It's his problem. He is never consistent enough. What I'm saying is that I feel more comfortable with Bortles playing the whole game rather than Henne. Henne was due for some bad plays.

Agreed and this is why Henne is good as a backup that typically doesn't have to play large portions of games or large parts of the season at a time.  He's a backup that's been forced to start and you see more of his faults come out that way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 02:13 PM by Jax Jag.)

Quote:And I FULLY UNDERSTAND Henne played well, but he does this. It's his problem. He is never consistent enough. What I'm saying is that I feel more comfortable with Bortles playing the whole game rather than Henne. Henne was due for some bad plays.

Sorry brotha, but "homeboy" is right on this one!
No, you're not. Henne got us 13, Bortles got us 6, guys who won't have jobs next week got us none and gave up 14. You, homeboy, are wrong. Whether you feel comfortable or not with Bortles starting, it was neither Bortles or Henne who lost that game for us. Bortles starting would have made no difference in the outcome because neither Bortles or Henne ended that game. If Henne came in the game and put up 6 points and then watched out third stringers give up point like we did, it would still make no different if Bortles or Henne started, brotha. You, quite honestly, FULLY MISUNDERSTOOD me. Evidence by the fact that you're still talking about being comfortable with Bortles starting affecting the outcome,

Edit: I'm not arguing whether or not a ortles is better or if Henne is consistent or not. My point is, our first teamer whooped their first teamers and their tired stringers whooped ours. Preseason doesn't mean a damn thing. Henne or Bortles starting, our third stringers were good enough to finish

Quote:Am I the only one who thinks Bortles was going for a throw away out of bounds in the area of a receiver to not get a safety/intentional grounding?

-shrug- Either way, a great throw and not really a bad play call imo. Had it worked it would have been hailed as brilliant, blah blah blah.

It's the preseason, the staff wants to see who can do what and what works in certain situations.

I'm willing to bet that play doesn't get called often in the regular season from that area.
Ball should have been caught in bounds and after watching him for 3 years in college....he wasn't throwing that away.

Quote:No, you're not. Henne got us 13, Bortles got us 6, guys who won't have jobs next week got us none and gave up 14. You, homeboy, are wrong. Whether you feel comfortable or not with Bortles starting, it was neither Bortles or Henne who lost that game for us. Bortles starting would have made no difference in the outcome because neither Bortles or Henne ended that game. If Henne came in the game and put up 6 points and then watched out third stringers give up point like we did, it would still make no different if Bortles or Henne started, brotha. You, quite honestly, FULLY MISUNDERSTOOD me. Evidence by the fact that you're still talking about being comfortable with Bortles starting affecting the outcome,

Nobody knows what would have happened with Henne or Bortles playing the full game. So many different variables.

Dude I know neither Henne or Bortles lost us the game like that's friggen common sense. The team just LOOKS better with Bortles! Face it kiddo. Not starting Bortles is delaying the inevitable. IMO he is ready to play right now. The game just has a different feel when he is in rather than Henne.

Like I said. You'll see what I'm saying next week. Have a nice day Smile
Shock the world

I'm still waiting for Bortles to play like a rookie and he's not, it's kinda making me nervous.

Quote:I'm still waiting for Bortles to play like a rookie and he's not, it's kinda making me nervous.

Waiting for the curse of Brunell to kick in.

Huh

Quote:Waiting for the curse of Brunell to kick in.
I'm just not used to this franchise having nice things.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM by Jax Jag.)

Quote:Nobody knows what would have happened with Henne or Bortles playing the full game. So many different variables.

Dude I know neither Henne or Bortles lost us the game like that's friggen common sense. The team just LOOKS better with Bortles! Face it kiddo. Not starting Bortles is delaying the inevitable. IMO he is ready to play right now. The game just has a different feel when he is in rather than Henne.

Like I said. You'll see what I'm saying next week. Have a nice day Smile
I don't care if he starts or sits. How can I see what you're saying next week if I'm talking about losing the Chicago game because of the guys we will subsequently cut? You spot a team a 12 point lead and mighty Joe Young and the formidable third stringers blow the lead has nothing to do with Henne or Bortles. If you knew that then you shouldn't have made the statement that Bortles starting could've resulted in us winning. "Face it, kiddo" oh, the irony

Edit: still haven't said a thing on this thread if him not being ready. I shouldn't argue with people who don't listen

Quote:I don't care if he starts or sits. How can I see what you're saying next week if I'm talking about losing the Chicago game because of the guys we will subsequently cut? You spot a team a 12 point lead and mighty Joe Young and the formidable third stringers blow the lead has nothing to do with Henne or Bortles. If you knew that then you shouldn't have made the statement that Bortles starting could've resulted in us winning. "Face it, kiddo" oh, the irony

Have a nice day Smile
Shock the world

Quote:Waiting for the curse of Brunell to kick in.
Having a QB with the last name starting with B (ortles) will break the spell. Bryon and Blaine had it backwards, they were doomed by their first names.

No one is safe.

Quote:Having a QB with the last name starting with B (ortles) will break the spell. Bryon and Blaine had it backwards, they were doomed by their first names.

Blake Bortles has both covered!  

We also break the Marino Curse thanks to CBS firing him I think.  Now all the football gods rage can be at CBS instead of us.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Hahah sign of a defeated man.

Anywho, our offense is looking more and more functional even without Robinson, Shorts, and Sanders, which is incredibly encouraging! Last year, offense was hard to come by, ranking 31st, can't imagine a repeat of that.

Quote:Hahah sign of a defeated man.

Anywho, our offense is looking more and more functional even without Robinson, Shorts, and Sanders, which is incredibly encouraging! Last year, offense was hard to come by, ranking 31st, can't imagine a repeat of that.

Have a nice day Smile
Shock the world

Quote:Blake Bortles has both covered!  

We also break the Marino Curse thanks to CBS firing him I think.  Now all the football gods rage can be at CBS instead of us.

Young fella here, what's the Marino curse? Have anything to do with the '99 playoff drubbing in his last game? I don't want to suffer like Sox fans

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 02:49 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Young fella here, what's the Marino curse? Have anything to do with the '99 playoff drubbing in his last game? I don't want to suffer like Sox fans
Twas a long time ago.  In 1999.  

The Football Gods could not agree on who they would favor in the Super Bowl that year.  But when the Jaguars trounced the NFL God of Quarterback's favored son -- Dan Marino, it angered him.  We didn't just beat him.  We thoroughly embarrassed him.  62-7!  The worst playoff blowout in modern NFL History.  Against Dan Marino!  And Dan would go down without a single super bowl victory to his name.  Of course the tacks beating his new favored son -- Peyton Manning caused him to make them think they might actually win the Super Bowl, only to come a yard shy.  

So the NFL God of Quarterbacks cursed us.  QB play hasn't been quite the same since.  Especially since 62-7 is a cursed score.

Consider the times it's happened:

The Atlanta Falcons in 1973 beat the New Orleans Saints 62-7.  

The next week, they lost to the rams in  a 31-0 shutout.

The Jacksonville Jaguars in 1999 beat the Miami Dolphins 62-7

the next week, they lost to the Stinkin' Tacks 33-14

The New Orleans Saints in 2011 beat the Indianapolis Colts 62-7

The next week they lost to the St. Louis Rams of all teams 31-21

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

1010 is reporting that Bortles is going to have a quarter with the ones against Detroit next week.

Quote:Bortles >>>>>>>> Teddy

Yeah, I hope. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:https://twitter.com/SI_DougFarrar/status...0362074113

Skip Bayless is backtracking like Tony Dungy on Michael Sam being a distraction to a NFL locker room. 
Bayless is clueless,along with half the other so called reporters on ESPN.Bortles is getting alot of love here in Nashville on the sports talk shows

;

;
<FONT face="Weltron Urban" color=#008080 size=7><I></I></FONT>