Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 preseason winners/losers

Winners:

M. Lee and Allen Hurns - Marquise Lee showed some moves that reminded me of Blackmon. He was challenged and responded perfectly. Hurns simply caught balls and made plays. He'll be making the team for sure.

B. Bortles - Of course continued to sling the ball without fear and with poise. Showed improvement over game 1. Didn't see any ducks flying out there either. He also put a showcase on accuracy/touch. His YPA/YPP is through the roof as well. Bortles' next improvement needs to be audibles and reading defenses.

C. Henne - Played well for the most part. Enough to keep the coaches on their original plan. Which is good for everyone.

T. Alualu -  Having a great offseason and continues to get consistent pressure. I doubt he breaks the starting lineup again but he secured himself as a worthy backup. Similar to Branch.

D. Robinson - Outplayed every other RB. Ran with speed and vision. Something we haven't seen much of from him. Good improvement.

K. Taylor - Showed up with some big catches. If he can stop dropping 2-3 balls a game, He'd be in great position to make the team.

T. Smith - This rookie linebacker is playing hard and making an impact. Had a tip that led to a J. Evans pick.

Losers:

J. Todman - Continued to be a few yards and a cloud of dust. He could be the lone man out at the HB position.

M. Brewster - Another tough game. Likely played his way out of a starting gig at this point.

Rest of Jags Oline - Rough run blocking and penalties. Even Joeckel had a rough go of it in the first series.

Jags secondary - Lax coverage. Unit was either decent on plays or really bad. They need to Gel.

Officiating crew - Way too many questionable penalties for both sides. They would have thrown a flag for air hitting the QBs if they woulda saw it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Losers:

Jags secondary - Lax coverage. Unit was either decent on plays or really bad. They need to Gel.

Only appeared to be an issue in the 4th quarter. The team has minimal pass rush and only allowed 7 points through three quarters.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 11:47 PM by MalabarJag.)

I agree with your list.

Fleming had another good game, albeit against the Bears 3rd string.

Mike Brown bounced back this week.

Add Chad Hall to the list of losers. He adds nothing and will be lucky to make it to the next game.

EDIT: Gratz had a good game, and make a lot of plays.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Hall has basically no chance at making the team. He's only running punts back because they don't want Will Blackmon out there in the second half.

How is Gratz not a winner. Dude was on fire tonight.

besides Bortles,Drob looks really good.I think he could be 2nd string.

I also though Gratz played great.Very good tackles/coverage

Quote:How is Gratz not a winner. Dude was on fire tonight.

Haven't you heard? According to some he's just not a starting caliber CB.... :whistling:
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The secondary a loser? I don't get it. The first and second team defenses allowed 7 points. And that was with minimal pass rush. Cutler/Clausen combined had one good drive.

Quote:The secondary a loser? I don't get it. The first and second team defenses allowed 7 points. And that was with minimal pass rush. Cutler/Clausen combined had one good drive.

And that's a very good offense in Chicago. You're not going to shut them down completely.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Gratz looked to me like he's starting to get comfortable. I don't remember him making tackles last season like he did tonight... he looked like he should be in Seattle. Excited about the defense. The d - line just needs to stay healthy. That's all I want for christmas. Our d - line is deep, our linebackers are deep, and I believe in the secondary. Gratz, Ball, and Blackmon will be legit.
No commercial messages in sigs

And that pass interference against Gratz was pretty questionable, but was par for the course tonight.

Ziggy/alualu/branch should flourish against a tired online

Ziggy Hood looks like a better fit in the Jaguars scheme than he was in the Steelers scheme.   Hood certainly caught my attention.

Will Blackmon reminded me of when he was with the Packers,  before injuries slowed his career down.  Blackmon probably made the Special Teams play of the day.

Quote:Hall has basically no chance at making the team. He's only running punts back because they don't want Will Blackmon out there in the second half.

I hope Chad Hall at least makes it to the game in Detroit next week.  Chad Hall's sister,  Kelly Hall,  is engaged to Matthew Stafford.   Chad Hall probably will get more media attention next week if he's still with the Jaguars.  

I loved Gratz's reaction after the PI call. "How?...How?...How?!..How?!.."

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 04:51 AM by continuous.)

Gratz made plays tonight and showed he is perfect for the gus system.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 04:55 AM by KYjaggy.)

Brewster got beat once bad, but was overall significantly improved. Branch was really bad, he would be the biggest loser this game to me. 

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 05:46 AM by Predator.)

Quote:Brewster got beat once bad, but was overall significantly improved. Branch was really bad, he would be the biggest loser this game to me. 
Branch was the only guy getting consistent pressure on Cutler. He also had a solo tackle and two assists. He was one of the few in the front 7 to hold their own.

Three out of the 4 defensive line starters didn't even make the stat sheet.

If Branch was bad, then the rest of the group outside of Miller were horrendous.

Quote:Branch was the only guy getting consistent pressure on Cutler. He also had a solo tackle and two assists. He was one of the few in the front 7 to hold their own.

Three out of the 4 defensive line starters didn't even make the stat sheet.

If Branch was bad, then the rest of the group outside of Miller were horrendous.

I may be wrong but 4am viewing is not the best for memory retention but the only guy I saw pressing was 91 which I believe is Clemons?

I watched 90 which im sure is branch because i wanted to see if he could beat his man 1 on 1 and unfortunately saw him doing a a lot of bear dancing with the right tackle

He seems improved in run support but in a straight fight he still gets regularly stonewalled on passing downs

I

I haven't seen this mentioned,but kerry taylor had a real good game.