Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 preseason winners/losers

I thought Gerhart looked pretty good.  He showed good vision, good burst, and good receiving skills.  The O-line wasn't doing it's job for a few of his runs but I was pleased with what I saw out of him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Others on the good...

Marcedes Lewis had a good game, with some impactful plays.

Josh Scobee gets forgotten as it is just expected from him now; he played well.

Kasey Redfern, the P/K backup, was solid...maybe playing his way onto another roster.

Roy Miller had an effective game.

Others on the bad...

Jordan Todman looked like he has no quick lateral (cutting) ability to me.

Storm Johnson looked very mediocre; I expected more from him coming in.

Quote:I may be wrong but 4am viewing is not the best for memory retention but the only guy I saw pressing was 91 which I believe is Clemons?

I watched 90 which im sure is branch because i wanted to see if he could beat his man 1 on 1 and unfortunately saw him doing a a lot of bear dancing with the right tackle

He seems improved in run support but in a straight fight he still gets regularly stonewalled on passing downs

You are not wrong.

Quote:I may be wrong but 4am viewing is not the best for memory retention but the only guy I saw pressing was 91 which I believe is Clemons?

I watched 90 which im sure is branch because i wanted to see if he could beat his man 1 on 1 and unfortunately saw him doing a a lot of bear dancing with the right tackle

He seems improved in run support but in a straight fight he still gets regularly stonewalled on passing downs

I
91 had one pressure against Cutler in the first series and had a play where he got pressure on Claussen later in the half.

On multiple occasions Branch was the only player to get near Cutler.

The illegal hands to the face play he almost swatted Cutler's arm. The very next play he was the only guy getting any push into the backfield. When Cutler threw his TD pass, Branch ran a stunt and was the only defender to get into the backfield and actually hit Cutler, although the stunt gave Cutler enough time to complete the play. At the 8:11 mark in the third he got another hit on the QB.

His production did decline with the second unit when they no longer rotated players and he was in on every down, but while he was apart of the first string rotation, he was perhaps the most active player of the entire group.

Quote:You are not wrong.
I just double checked by re-watching the game.

You were both wrong.

Quote:I thought Gerhart looked pretty good.  He showed good vision, good burst, and good receiving skills.  The O-line wasn't doing it's job for a few of his runs but I was pleased with what I saw out of him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Toby Gerhart was in the top 6 or 7 NFL RB's in touches this season.  The fact that Gerhart hasn't been used that much the last 4 years likely means he has plenty of miles remaining on his tires and can handle a bell cow type workload.

Todman was a winner to me. The guy looked quick and fast. There just isn't a lot of running room because the o-line has been so bad run blocking. I think he has the backup spot locked although D-Rob is pushing hard. For some reason, it seems this coaching staff likes Todman and trusts him.

Losers: The linebacking core. I thought they were horrendous in pass coverage. This could be scheme related since they were so vanilla last night.

Winners: Special teams for forcing a turnover.

Quote:Todman was a winner to me. The guy looked quick and fast. There just isn't a lot of running room because the o-line has been so bad run blocking. I think he has the backup spot locked although D-Rob is pushing hard. For some reason, it seems this coaching staff likes Todman and trusts him.

Losers: The linebacking core. I thought they were horrendous in pass coverage. This could be scheme related since they were so vanilla last night.

Winners: Special teams for forcing a turnover.
More specific was Will Blackmon who forced the fumble and recovered it.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Biggest Loser Was That Field......Footing Was Poor

I haven't watched either of the preseason games completely, but Denard Robinson and Allen Hurns have both looked really good from what I have seen. I'm a Minnesota-based Jaguars fan and these last few years have been hard to stomach, including how awful their jersey and helmets look now. It's exciting to see some young talent on the roster.