Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gerhorse

Quote:I haven't seen a damn thing from this guy.
he had two big runs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I haven't seen a damn thing from this guy. 
It's probably best if you don't put too much thought into these things because you suck at it.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

He looks good with any room to run. The first play was pretty good where he moved the pile it was mojo esque.

No pain, no gain.

I want to see him in a full game. a lot of backs have to get warmed up before they start breaking off the big runs.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

he looked REALLY slow, but it was just his first action so not going to judge yet

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 06:52 AM by ukjag34.)

Quote:he looked REALLY slow, but it was just his first action so not going to judge yet
Pretty sure that was because of the nature of the runs he was been asked to do

We are using the outside.run to set up the bootleg to open things up for bortles, throwing on the run is a big strength for him but it causes problems for Gerhart

Gerhart is best between the tackles hitting the hole fast and smashing through arm tackles to get to the second level

Last night you could see him having to hesitate.waiting for a gap that tbh never came

That's why Robinson is having such success as he is the only one with the speed to get right to the edge before the defenses breaks through

The long run showed he has more than enough speed

Gerhart looked fine to me. Ran hard, fast enough and move the pile when he went up the middle. As Ukjag said, he is going to have a lot more success up the middle then on the outside.

The 18 yarder he broke up the middle was enough for me (for now). I think those will be a norm for him with every so often it going for a TD.

No one is safe.

Quote:he looked REALLY slow, but it was just his first action so not going to judge yet
I don't jump on players to quick but yea he did look slow.

He's not a guy you want to run the stretch play with especially with the line in the state it's in currently.  He's a hammer you punch through the line with.  The blocking last night was painful. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He's not a guy you want to run the stretch play with especially with the line in the state it's in currently.  He's a hammer you punch through the line with.  The blocking last night was painful.
let Drob run the stretch and Gerhorse hammer the inside. I really feel like it could be a lethal combo.

Agreed.  It's a good 1-2 punch in the running game.  As long as the line does improve, this will become an asset. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He's not slow. He looked slow on on the stretch plays because he doesn't have great lateral agility. I doubt we see Gerhart running any more stretches. Robinson looked great running the stretch to the left when he got in for his score last week against the Bucs. Fisch knows which running style works better for these plays. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:He's not slow. He looked slow on on the stretch plays because he doesn't have great lateral agility. I doubt we see Gerhart running any more stretches. Robinson looked great running the stretch to the left when he got in for his score last week against the Bucs. Fisch knows which running style works better for these plays. 

That wasn't a stretch play.

Quote:That wasn't a stretch play.

Which play was he talking about where he thought Gerhart looked slow?

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Which play was he talking about where he thought Gerhart looked slow?

Gerhart's was a stretch, Denard Robinson's wasn't.

Quote:Gerhart's was a stretch, Denard Robinson's wasn't.

Went back and watched and you're right it wasn't. 

I still think Denard's speed and vision would work great for the stretch. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Went back and watched and you're right it wasn't. 

I still think Denard's speed and vision would work great for the stretch. 

Agreed there. I'm hoping he garners around 5 touches a game and takes it from there.

Quote:I don't jump on players to quick but yea he did look slow.

I don't know how you could tell.  The first 5 plays he had zero running room, essentially running into his OL or getting surrounded by defenders in the backfield.  The one time he did get a little daylight though he was gone.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Didn't get to see much out of Gerhart last night. O-Line needs to space it out a little. Toby did have a nice run up the middle.