Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Bears Thursday Night Football Preseason Game Thread***

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 10:51 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Welcome back to NFL Game Night, Jaguars Nation! Smile Our Jacksonville Jaguars are in the windy city of Chicago, as they play their second preseason game. and their first road game of the year to play the Chicago Bears in prime time. Both teams seek to win their second straight game. Both the Jaguars and the Bears lead off the second week of the NFL preseason, and at the same time accommodate ESPN's prime time national coverage. Chad Henne and Jay Cutler may start the first few series at QB in tonight's game.

Both the Jaguars and Bears won their games in the first preseason weekend last Friday Night, August 8, with Jacksonville defeating the Buccaneers 16-10 at EverBank Field, while Chicago defeated the Eagles 34-28 at Soldier Field.

Jacksonville and Chicago split home games in six previous meetings during the regular season, but the Bears though both lead the all-time series 4 games to 2, and also outscored the Jaguars 153 points to 99 in those six games. Jags have one win and two losses at Chicago during the regular season. Jaguars first, and only win so far, occurred during opening week when they defeated the Bears in Chicago in their first visit since entering play in the NFL, during the opening week on September 6, 1998.

Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Lisa Salters, simulcast live through ESPN's coverage locally over-the-air in the Metro Jacksonville, Florida area, on WTLV NBC Channel 12, and on national and worldwide cable on ESPN's Thursday Night Football, all stations televised live on HD.

Tonight's Jaguars/Bears game is also scheduled to be replayed later in the coming week on The NFL Network on Friday afternoon at 4:00PM, and Monday afternoon, August 18, at 1:00PM, both times Eastern Standard Time, all replays televised on HD.

Frank Frangie is also announcing the live radio game play-by-play, along with radio game color analysts Jeff Lageman and former Jaguar and USC Trojan Tony Boselli, and sideline reporter Rick Ballou, simulcast on Jaguars flagship stations WJXL Jax Sports Radio XL 92.5FM, WGNE 99.9 Gator Country FM, and the Jaguars Radio Network throughout Florida and Georgia.

Sunny and clear skies at 66 degrees is the local forecast inside Soldier Field for tonight's 8:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 50% humidity, 0% precipitation, and mild northeastern winds at 8 miles per hour.

Visiting Jaguars are wearing their white jerseys and white pants, while the host Bears are wearing their home navy blue jerseys, and white pants.

NO injuries, as both the Jaguars and Bears, and all NFL teams continue to evaluate their players perform both in the exhibition games and training camp, as all the rookies, free agents, and signed veterans, earn themselves in the 53-man regular season roster.

GO JAGUARS!!!! :yes: B) Smile ^_^

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014081400/2014/PRE2/jaguars@bears#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview'>http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014081400/2014/PRE2/jaguars@bears#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/transactions.html'>http://www.jaguars.com/team/transactions.html</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/jaguars'>http://jacksonville.com/jaguars</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/'>http://www.jaguars.com/</a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm stoaked! Wish i could have made it to this game.

Could I watch this on Channel 4?

Quote:Could I watch this on Channel 4?

My comcast guide is showing that it's on WTLV 12 tonight.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 07:18 AM by DewtheMathis.)

Who is the best backup quarterback in the NFL?
  • 42<span>%</span>Michael Vick

• 4<span>%</span>Mark Sanchez

• 27<span>%</span>Kirk Cousins

• 9<span>%</span>Blake Bortles

• 18<span>%</span>Other

Total Votes: 18021

The current poll on NFL.com, but if you consider the fact that Blake has only played in one preseason game while Vick has been the starting QB of the Falcons, Eagles, and soon to be Jets and Kirk Cousins has had a few years to show his growth being 3rd (other than other) isnt too bad...

-------------------------------------

Let's see what he can do against Chicagos Defense in the 2nd half, and see if the poll rises even more...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...arterbacks

He came in #2 on the link above in backup QBs...

Looking most forward to seeing these 5...

If the DL can continue to bring pressure.

If the OC position can become less problematic. 

If Bortles can continue looking game good.

If a WR (maybe Lee) can stand out favorably. 

If the OL can pass protect and open some running holes.

Woo!

Can't freakin wait.... Stupid work always getting in the way of things :pinch:

GO JAGS!

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

After the talk about Lee possibly being "showcased" im wondering how much he'll play. Hopefully we see Henne try to find him in the first half with maybe a series or 2 with Bortles who i would love see work with a talented WR and not just Brown and Hurns. No offense to Brown or Hurns but lets see a future QB to future WR hookup i have no douubts if the fly is called Bortles will let it go and give Lee a chance to burn the defender.

Other than Bortles and Lee i will try to focus on the center position and the Smiths (Telvin / Chris).

Also whoever lines up across from Alshon will be a good watch.

Linder at Center will be interesting. Its a tougher position to fill than RG, which he's considered a starter at. Also, Gerhart for-real,  I'm looking forward to.

No one is safe.

I thought Brewster said he got this, how come 2 weeks before the end of preseason now its a problem????

Quote:I thought Brewster said he got this, how come 2 weeks before the end of preseason now its a problem????

Anyone paying attention to this team knew Brewster was no good.

Just changing positions won't make him from absolutely horrible to decent.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

First Team Offense needs to score.

The good news on Brewster is that a center that is sub-standard physically while good mentally is one of the easier deficiencies to hide on an O-Line. Lots of help around him and in most 5 on 4 situations he'll be part of a double team. The bad news is that this is the NFL and defenses will scheme to exploit him as much as possible anyway.

Hope to see our offense put up more points

Why in the hecks is this not on nfl network? It's the only game on tonight. It isn't shown until Satuday for absolutely no reason.

Quote:Why in the hecks is this not on nfl network? It's the only game on tonight. It isn't shown until Satuday for absolutely no reason.

Its on Espn.....

Really? Hmm, I guess espn was the only channel I didn't check.

Some over under for the game:

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5

Points from the first team offense: 9.5

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5

Passing yards from Henne: 90

Passing yards from Bortles: 100

Receptions by Lee: 2.5

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5

Quote:Really? Hmm, I guess espn was the only channel I didn't check.

Ha yes. Its on tv. 8 pm