Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Bears Thursday Night Football Preseason Game Thread***

Quote:Some over under for the game:

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5

Points from the first team offense: 9.5

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5

Passing yards from Henne: 90

Passing yards from Bortles: 100

Receptions by Lee: 2.5

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5

I dont think Blackmon is something they will care to talk about

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5 Over

Points from the first team offense: 9.5 Over

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5 Under

Passing yards from Henne: 90 Over

Passing yards from Bortles: 100 Under

Receptions by Lee: 2.5 Over

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5 Under

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I'm looking for the D to bring the pain on the road. With Poz out it will be interesting to see how they respond minus their captain. Also watching OL rotations and in particular the Center position which is a wide open competition between four players. I'm looking for Bortles and Hurns to continue making plays and hoping to see something out of Lee.

No pain, no gain.

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5 over

Points from the first team offense: 9.5 under

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5 over

Passing yards from Henne: 90 under

Passing yards from Bortles: 100 over

Receptions by Lee: 2.5 over

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5 under

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5 UNDER

Points from the first team offense: 9.5. UNDER

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5. OVER

Passing yards from Henne: 90. OVER

Passing yards from Bortles: 100. OVER

Receptions by Lee: 2.5. OVER

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5
Edit: under on Gus juice drinking.

I really wanna see how the interior O-line stacks up, I wanna see Lee make some plays, but most of all I want to see Cyp take over as leader of this defense now that Poz is out. I think he has all the tools be a leader but now I wanna see him do it.

Can't wait for some prime time actions!

Well now that its Official and i can sort thru 10 pages on random thoughts.  Awesome!!

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5 Over

Points from the first team offense: 9.5. Under

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5. Under

Passing yards from Henne: 90. Over

Passing yards from Bortles: 100. Over

Receptions by Lee: 2.5. Over

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5 Under (slightly)

I'm predicting a Blake Bortles setback.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Expecting Henne to stink and Bortles to look fine

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5. Over

Points from the first team offense: 9.5 Under

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5 Over

Passing yards from Henne: 90 Under

Passing yards from Bortles: 100 Over

Receptions by Lee: 2.5 Under

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5 Over

Just somebody, anybody get out there and look solid or better at center, please?   I'd love to see that.  

Hopefully Gerhart can get his feet wet with a half dozen totes of the rock too. 

Go Jags!  

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 02:03 PM by badger.)

I saw Tirico and Gruden a few min ago. All they talked about was the Bears and "will Bortles start?"

Expect more of the same tonight. This is a Bears game. The pregame garbage some people seem to care about here will be all about them and a little about Bortles.

I'm very interested to see how the Defense responds without Posluszny at the Mike spot. Stupar specifically, but it'll be nice to see if another leader emerges. Also, would love to see Clemons knock that cigarette out of Cutler's mouth.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm very interested to see how the Defense responds without Posluszny at the Mike spot. Stupar specifically, but it'll be nice to see if another leader emerges. Also, would love to see Clemons knock that cigarette out of Cutler's mouth.
I wonder if Telvin Smith starts?

Quote:I wonder if Telvin Smith starts?

Even if he does, I almost wonder if it will be due more to the Offensive alignment / personnel package than anything else. I like when Smith is in the game but I'm not going to hang a lot of importance on him being on the field for the first play one way or the other.

Quote:Even if he does, I almost wonder if it will be due more to the Offensive alignment / personnel package than anything else. I like when Smith is in the game but I'm not going to hang a lot of importance on him being on the field for the first play one way or the other.
yeah I could see him struggle a bit as a starter but still show a lot of flash. I also think Gehart is gonna struggle

Untill this offensive line gels.

I think we need to play Telvin for 3rd down situations only for now.

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5

Points from the first team offense: 9.5

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5

Passing yards from Henne: 90

Passing yards from Bortles: 100

Receptions by Lee: 2.5

I'll take the over in the Blackmon bet and Jaguars total sacks. Under on Henne passing yards.

Quote:Really? Hmm, I guess espn was the only channel I didn't check.

I made the same mistake yesterday, haha. You aren't alone!