Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Bears Thursday Night Football Preseason Game Thread***

Quote:Some over under for the game:

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5

Points from the first team offense: 9.5

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5

Passing yards from Henne: 90

Passing yards from Bortles: 100

Receptions by Lee: 2.5

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5

Over

Under

Over

Under

Over

Over

Over

That is if Lee plays in the 2nd. I have little respect for the first team passing offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5  - Over

Points from the first team offense: 9.5 Under

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5  Over

Passing yards from Henne: 90  Over

Passing yards from Bortles: 100 Over

Receptions by Lee: 2.5 - Under

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5 Under

I'm no Chicago expert. Is their offensive line still considered a weak spot?
;

;

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 04:36 PM by badger.)

Quote:I'm no Chicago expert. Is their offensive line still considered a weak spot?
I know Chris Long's brother is actually really good

Their offense was unstoppable against PHI. Could just be PHI stinking on D.

Channel 12? No Brunell and Kouvaris?

There is a God.

Just make sure radio is off so I don't hear Steeler Frangie slurping into my speaker, and good to go.

But it still feels like the week before Christmas. Exhibition games are just that, and gets fans freaking out about starting QBs.

What these QBs see now vs regular season is apples and oranges.

No injuries please. Get better.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Some over under for the game:

Mentions of Blackmon (the WR) by the ESPN crew: 0.5

Points from the first team offense: 9.5

Sacks by the Jaguars: 2.5

Passing yards from Henne: 90

Passing yards from Bortles: 100

Receptions by Lee: 2.5

Times the words "upbeat" or "positive" are used to describe coach Bradley during the broadcast: 3.5
 over love to beat a dead horse

under henne 10 points in a half really

under bears much better than bucs

under no garbage time to pad stats

over bortles enough said

under may say more positive things but not those exact words

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Is there I somewhere I can look to see who's playing tonight? The only difference I've heard from last game to this one is that Poz is out and Gerhart is in. Are they the only change?

I wonder if Blackmon will be watching this game...

Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Is there I somewhere I can look to see who's playing tonight? The only difference I've heard from last game to this one is that Poz is out and Gerhart is in. Are they the only change?
Linder will get work at center. That's new.   I think that's it though. 

Quote:Linder will get work at center. That's new. I think that's it though.

I was under the impression that Alan Ball was playing tonight as well.

And word on Allen Robinson?

Quote:Why in the hecks is this not on nfl network? It's the only game on tonight. It isn't shown until Satuday for absolutely no reason.
It's on espn tonight

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Number of batted balls thrown by henne <5

It'll be interesting to watch the Jags D tonight with Chicago putting up 34 points last week. I realize it's only preseason but I'd love to see the D keep Chi under 20.

Looking forward to more Bortles reps. Hope Lee comes to play... and I expect Telvin and Chris Smith to showcase again.

I want to see some consistency out of the defense. They get a true test with Forte, Cutler, Marshall, and Jeffrey.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I'm no Chicago expert. Is their offensive line still considered a weak spot?

No, they were really good last year.

Quote: 

Bears general manager Phil Emery revamped the offensive line last offseason, signing left tackle<a class="" href='http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/jermon-bushrod/c28c2eb1-ce49-4a3a-aca1-10243c1ede02/' title="Jermon Bushrod"> Jermon Bushrod</a> and left guard <a class="" href='http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/matt-slauson/4fe68983-b2e7-4580-b9bd-b74555a160b4/' title="Matt Slauson">Matt Slauson</a> in free agency and drafting right guard <a class="" href='http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/kyle-long/a38ba004-15dc-444a-b588-9cb3848142b1/' title="Kyle Long">Kyle Long</a> and right tackle <a class="" href='http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/jordan-mills/431d3aa1-35a7-4aa7-93b6-28ae85d71ec3/' title="Jordan Mills">Jordan Mills</a>.The four newcomers gelled quickly with veteran center <a class="" href='http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/roberto-garza/63a4933c-de3c-4723-9926-5dfbc53db83a/' title="Roberto Garza">Roberto Garza</a>—the only returning starter—and served as a catalyst for a record-breaking offense in 2013

Although the Bears were decimated by injuries on defense in 2013, all five of their offensive linemen started all 16 games.

The cohesiveness the line developed helped the Bears allow only 30 sacks, tied for the fourth fewest in the NFL, and pave the way for Pro Bowl running back<a class="" href='http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/matt-forte/4b36c279-8a58-41a0-8ab4-8a11803586e1/' title="Matt Forte"> Matt Forte</a> to rush for a career-high 1,339 yards, the most by any Bears player other than Hall of Famer Walter Payton.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article...9a43b1be58

Don't know who will play for them tonight, but I look forward to see your defense again.

Quote: I wonder if Blackmon will be watching this game...
He might. Will he remember it?  IDK

I am usually a staunch supporter of my local bar for Jags games, but I can't make it tonight.  If someone could pm me a link to stream I'd be very appreciative.  Thanks.

Bortles discussion coming on right now ESPN

Monday night countdown has been a Johnny jock ride so far. I'm remembering why I never watch ESPN anymore.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.