Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Bears Thursday Night Football Preseason Game Thread***

Quote:Darn Lisa trying to stir the pot there in that interview.
Exactly...

Negative questions trying to spin the outlook on our QB for the national audience.

Who cares. As long as we win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:.... lol What?

Good comeback.

Having a little separation anxiety from TMD?

...........ummmmmm...? Durrrrrrrrrrr?

Bortles looks for real against 2nd teamers. Can't wait to see him against first teamers. Henne also looked surprisingly good.

Quote:Jaworski knows what he is talking about.

He has studied the game for over 40 years, per his words lol.

He never forgets to mention that.
Feels weird having a QB that is called a "high level nfl talent" on my team.
No commercial messages in sigs

We need to get in the endzone. Fortunately, it appears that barrier at the 50 yd line won't be as problematic as last year

Jags played like garbage in the 2nd half. No pass rush and couldn't stop the pass. We should have won that game easily. I don't care if it is only preseason. Not a very good performance.

Quote:I heard them say "Ricky Stanzi is in"... just rewound it and they did say it, but not in at QB... my mistake
Ok I didn't have sound on...

Glad to see the Jags beat the crap out of the Bears.  Yeah, we lost, but teams aren't looking at a win/loss in preseason.  We are looking to build this team.  Henne looked serviceable if they really are holding Bortles back till he learns the system.  That being said, Bortles looks like he is ready.  Our defense is so freaking good, we really could contend for the divsion.  If we can hold teams to 17 points a game, our offense should get us 10 plus wins.  I am psyched.  

Quote:We need to get in the endzone. Fortunately, it appears that barrier at the 50 yd line won't be as problematic as last year

All of our red zone options are on the first team, injured, or suspended. Nice to see Marquis make some plays tonight. The only part of the offense I worry about is that interior line. Eholè.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 11:43 PM by Joe.)

Quote:...........ummmmmm...? Durrrrrrrrrrr?
Highscore, how long have we been arguing about Alualu? Since he was first moved to five tech?

I want to know, in all of my irrational, kenny powers like behavior...

Who has been more accurate in their respective argument?

Ive said he was bad when he started, he continued to play bad, and got benched, versus you now grasping at straws in the form of preseason sacks versus backups.

Quote:Jags played like garbage in the 2nd half. No pass rush and couldn't stop the pass. We should have won that game easily. I don't care if it is only preseason. Not a very good performance.
seriously that's all you took from the second half. we were up 2 scores when bortles left the game.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:Jags played like garbage in the 2nd half. No pass rush and couldn't stop the pass. We should have won that game easily. I don't care if it is only preseason. Not a very good performance.

[Image: panic.gif]

i wish we had let bortles finish and probably win the game for us. no need to evaluate morris he is not going to be on the team and bortles needs all the reps he can get. i don't mind the loss because for all intents and purposes we won this game.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Do you have a relative named TMD??

Just asking.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Really....REALLY ??     Don't you have a light bulb to go flutter around?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Highscore, how long have we been arguing about Alualu? Since he was first moved to five tech?

I want to know, in all of my irrational, kenny powers like behavior...

Who has been more accurate in their respective argument?

Ive said he was bad when he started, he continued to play bad, and got benched, versus you now grasping at straws in the form of preseason sacks versus backups.

Correction, Joe- my fellow Jaguar fan.

I have never been "pro" Alualu. It just seems to me that you spend an exorbitant amount of time complaining about an average player. In fact, that's basically all you talk about. This is a Tebow thing isn't it?

Is he great? Certainly not. Is he worth st top 15 draft pick? No.

Is he horrible. No, he's not horrible.

Alualu makes plays, albeit against backups. Branch runs into brick walls, no matter who he is lined up against. Yet I never hear a peep out of you about Branch.

Agenda?

Weird.

So..you don't understand football?

Bumpin' your head against hot light bulbs takes it's toll after a while....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Correction, Joe- my fellow Jaguar fan.

I have never been "pro" Alualu. It just seems to me that you spend an exorbitant amount of time complaining about an average player. In fact, that's basically all you talk about. This is a Tebow thing isn't it?

Is he great? Certainly not. Is he worth st top 15 draft pick? No.

Is he horrible. No, he's not horrible.

Alualu makes plays, albeit against backups. Branch runs into brick walls, no matter who he is lined up against. Yet I never hear a peep out of you about Branch.

Agenda?
Alualu makes plays, albeit against backups...

So you're saying he's good in the preseason. Wonderful!

I really couldn't care less about Andre Branch, but at least I have seen Branch get sacks in the regular season, when it counts. I have also seen Branch been called terrible after his rookie year, pretty much given no chance by fans, yet Alualu gets CONSTANT excuses from his injury that " ruined his career" to him being out of position at the 3 tech ( which was the position he got his sack from tonight btw).

Quote:Alualu makes plays, albeit against backups...

So you're saying he's good in the preseason. Wonderful!

I really couldn't care less about Andre Branch, but at least I have seen Branch get sacks in the regular season, when it counts. I have also seen Branch been called terrible after his rookie year, pretty much given no chance by fans, yet Alualu gets CONSTANT excuses from his injury that " ruined his career" to him being out of position at the 3 tech ( which was the position he got his sack from tonight btw).

Yes Joe...teams need players to make plays against backups. Problem?

Sounds like you need to head back go remedial football class.

Your non-answer regarding Tebow is awfully telling. I forgot you were one of the 'Chosen Ones".

No worries. You can always watch him on SEC Network.

Confusedmile: