Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teddy Bridgewater, confidence problemo?

Quote:If Jim (or is it John?  I'm always confused) Harbaugh can't, I"m not sure Turner could.

What I would like to see from Bortles is a Touchdown. 

Turner's list of successes covers almost 30 years. Harbaugh has 2 NFL QBs. The two aren't close in resume.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, QB gurus and offensive coordinator gurus are two different things.

I don't know if Jim Haubaugh is a QB whisperer or not, but his track record is pretty decent; all four of his QB proteges -- Luck, Josh Johnson, Smith, and Kaepernick -- are all in the NFL, and three of them are starters.

Norv Turner is not a QB whisperer, but an offensive genius who always gotten the most out of his offense.

Ive said it all alone. Teddy Bridgewater never really impressed me in college.

Not once. He was a decent QB that put up good numbers.

Just like Jason White did at Oklahoma.

Most here knows I'm a HUGE Bridgewater fan. Wish him the best (except against the Jaguars) and his last game shows more of what we are used to seeing from him. He'll be a steal where he was drafted by the Vikes.

That said, Blake in his two games has shown me the improvement that I wanted to see, alleviating my concerns coming out of college (arm thrower, lack of velocity).

Gus, Jed, and Scelfo have done a masterful job of letting Blake develop. His throwing mechanics are much improved and his throws are consistently zipping through the air, much like we saw in his Pro day (and unlike most of what he saw in College). I've been really really REALLY impressed (and pleased) with Bortles' development.